For all my Christian brothers here at AE

AUnCullman

What does this have to do with Auburn Football?  This topic should be moved.  I get the feeling that the mods havent moved it because they agree with the content. That is a huge double standard. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don't agree with the content then don't gripe about it. Just move on, it warns you that if you're not a believer then don't open it because it says "For all my Christian brothers..."

But thanks AUnCullman I'll definitely check this out! War Eagle!!

SwestbrookAU my point is that is has nothing to do with AU football and there for shouldnt be in the AU football forum. If I posted off topic it would be moved.  So what I am seeing is that its okay to post Christian information in whaterver forum you want.  Im not against Christians, im against Christians thinking its okay to break the rules becasue it has to do with Christianity.  Bottom line is this is not an AU football topic.

Just curious. 

Is this suggestion for Christians only, or can a Jew (for example) participate?

So this thread is  now officially high-jacked...which is a shame since this particular topic is a WHOLE LOT MORE important than football...

We are losing a generation...what sir are you doing to help?

Just curious. 

So this thread is  now officially high-jacked...which is a shame since this particular topic is a WHOLE LOT MORE important than football...

Well excuse me, I thought this particular forum was about Auburn Football.  If the subject is so much important than football, why is it here?

You know, not all Auburn graduates are evangelical Christians.  Heck, some of us aren't even Christian at all.  Considering the title, I didn't think my question was out of line.  So why are you so upset about it? 

Maybe it should have noted that if you aren't Christian , your comments are not wanted. (Then you can avoid having it "hijacked")

Didn't mean to offend you my friend...& you are right that this probably should be in general chat...

Just seems that every time someone brings the word Christian into any topic, someone goes off on it...but it is ok to talk about nearly anything else...gets old some times...

This topic is still about helping kids...we need that in a big way right now with this generation...

SwestbrookAU my point is that is has nothing to do with AU football and there for shouldnt be in the AU football forum. If I posted off topic it would be moved.  So what I am seeing is that its okay to post Christian information in whaterver forum you want.  Im not against Christians, im against Christians thinking its okay to break the rules becasue it has to do with Christianity.  Bottom line is this is not an AU football topic.

The reason I started this thread was because our coaches for the most part ARE christians, are not ashamed to tell you so, and are leading our program in a positive role model type situation. Family, is making recruits look at our program like never before. This thread was not intended to make it a religious debate but to coincide with the same attributes our coaches are offering potential recruits and current players alike. If you have ever heard them speak or read their quotes, you have to agree with me on that. SO if you don't appreciate that, does that mean you will not support our coaches? Of course not because you are part of the Auburn family as well. So please don't take this wrong because the intent was not about religion but influence. Read the book of Proverbs and you will see the practical words that are written are not necessarily about forcing religious views on someone but it gives sound advice about living a better life and being a better person. Too many young men are growing up not hearing from men how to do this.

Hope that clears the air a little bit.

:wareagle:

The reason I started this thread was because our coaches for the most part ARE christians, are not ashamed to tell you so, and are leading our program in a positive role model type situation. Family, is making recruits look at our program like never before. This thread was not intended to make it a religious debate but to coincide with the same attributes our coaches are offering potential recruits and current players alike. If you have ever heard them speak or read their quotes, you have to agree with me on that. SO if you don't appreciate that, does that mean you will not support our coaches? Of course not because you are part of the Auburn family as well. So please don't take this wrong because the intent was not about religion but influence. Read the book of Proverbs and you will see the practical words that are written are not necessarily about forcing religious views on someone but it gives sound advice about living a better life and being a better person. Too many young men are growing up not hearing from men how to do this.

Well said AUnCullman.

What does this have to do with Auburn Football?  This topic should be moved.  I get the feeling that the mods havent moved it because they agree with the content. That is a huge double standard.   

If Christianity is such a sore subject for you, then why even comment on the thread? If I see a thread that doesn't exactly go in a certain forum, I just don't comment. Let the mods take care of it.

Guest Autiger88

This^^

The original post was about Auburn football and the coaches.  Others, such as yourself, have taken it away from the original intent.  There is no double standard although most of (if not all) of the mods do agree with the content. 

The mods include the owners of the website, and for that reason, they can set whatever standards they like, double or otherwise. I don't mean to be harsh, because believe me, I have a lot more problems with the practice of Christianity than the vast majority of the membership of this site, but this is something that ST obviously thinks is quite important (and as many problems as I may have with the church, I agree with the importance), which means it's something that should be kept where the most traffic will see it. Now, don't get me wrong, I've been avoiding this thread to a great degree because I don't care to read a thousand comments saying that they are extending prayer to this family, but to put it quite bluntly, if you think that the board would improve by moving the occasional prayer request, then maybe you should put up hundreds of dollars of your own money to start up another website in which things are done according to your preference.

Look, I'm not disagreeing with your post, because if people knew my true beliefs about religion, I guarantee there would be several who'd be efforting to "bring me back home", but I keep those beliefs to myself because this is not the forum to discuss them. Maybe you believe in prayer, maybe you don't, but for those who do, this is a chance to get more people in on it than if it were moved to the General Chat section. Considering how little else there is to talk about in mid-June, I don't see that as a bad thing.

Well excuse me, I thought this particular forum was about Auburn Football.  If the subject is so much important than football, why is it here?

Because the amount of traffic this board receives as opposed to that of General Chat is overwhelming.

.....Just seems that every time someone brings the word Christian into any topic, someone goes off on it...but it is ok to talk about nearly anything else...gets old some times...

Maybe so.  But I asked a reasonable question and the first response I got was to call me an "arse", so that attitude thing can work either way.

Because the amount of traffic this board receives as opposed to that of General Chat is overwhelming.

Don't waste your breath on this guy RED; we are in the age of scoffers..

Guest Autiger88

.....Just seems that every time someone brings the word Christian into any topic, someone goes off on it...but it is ok to talk about nearly anything else...gets old some times...

Maybe so.  But I asked a reasonable question and the first response I got was to call me an "arse", so that attitude thing can work either way.

Yeah that was me I'm sorry about that I was just in a bad mood and took it out on you sorry if you got offended!.

Just curious. 

You know, not all Auburn graduates are evangelical Christians.  Heck, some of us aren't even Christian at all.  Considering the title, I didn't think my question was out of line.  So why are you so upset about it? 

Maybe it should have noted that if you aren't Christian , your comments are not wanted. (Then you can avoid having it "hijacked")

Oh Please, this is in a public forum which means anyone of any faith can post in here regardless of what the OP wants. You know that, and you were just wanting to spark some sort of debate which you accomplished.

Good thread though in my opinion. Thanks for posting it AUncullman

Alright now, let's get this thread back on topic. This thread was not started for a religious discussion. It was posted in this section so it would get more exposure. This thread is more about morals and positive influences that can help the future generations make better decisions and live better lives. Thank you for sharing AUnCullman!!

please stay on topic

Why this thread is important:

What is a Boy

A boy is a person who is going to carry on what you have started.

His is to sit right where you are sitting and attend when you are gone to those things you think are so important.

You may adopt all the policies you please, but how they will be carried out depends on him.

Even if you make leagues and treaties, he will have to manage them.

He is going to sit at your desk in the Senate, and occupy your place on the Supreme Bench.

He will assume control of your cities, states and nations.

He is going to move in and take over your prisons, churches, schools, universities and corporations.

All your work is going to be judged and praised or condemned by him.

Your reputation and your future are in his hands.

All you work is for him, and the fate of the nations and of humanity is in his hands.

So it might be well to pay him some attention.

I wish Auburn Family didnt mean Auburn Christians to so many of you. I had no idea it was okay to post in the wrong forum simply because you want a topic to get more exposure, I have some topics I would like to get more exposure but I guess its not okay because they dont have to do with Christianity.  Okay the coaches are Chrisitan but its a massive stretch to say this is Auburn football info,  the original post I saw had nothing to do with Auburn specifically it was just about using Christianity to mentor kids.  I see a lot of hypocrites here.  You guys have fun with your propaganda and I will leave you all alone now.  Im not debating anything else or even coming back to this thread becasue its alarmingly clear that most of you are blind and I am wasting my time and just need to find a new site. WAR EAGLE!

PS- I gotta give a little shout here to Rednilla. Red I agree the owners of the site have the right to do whatever they want including setting a double standard.  I just didnt realize setting a double standard was something an Auburn man would do.  I thought Auburn men would treat all people equally except maybe Bama fans, guess I was wrong.

Just say all Christians. Dang, so many people are so thin skinned when it comes to talking about Christianity. I've been a Christian sinc I was 12 and I'm dang proud to tell anyone who wants to listen to my story.

I wish Auburn Family didnt mean Auburn Christians to so many of you. I had no idea it was okay to post in the wrong forum simply because you want a topic to get more exposure, I have some topics I would like to get more exposure but I guess its not okay because they dont have to do with Christianity.

I assume you based this conclusion on trying to post (after asking the site staff) a topic of this importance in a board that gets more exposure  :dunno:

Okay the coaches are Chrisitan but its a massive stretch to say this is Auburn football info,  the original post I saw had nothing to do with Auburn specifically it was just about using Christianity to mentor kids.

The topic was not posted here because it's Auburn football related. We've made it clear that it was posted here to get more exposure. You seem to realize that yet you keep stressing the fact that it's not Auburn football related.

I see a lot of hypocrites here.  You guys have fun with your propaganda and I will leave you all alone now.  Im not debating anything else or even coming back to this thread becasue its alarmingly clear that most of you are blind and I am wasting my time and just need to find a new site. WAR EAGLE!

Thank you very much for respecting all of our hard work here by calling us hypocrites. Good luck to you and WAR EAGLE!!

PS- I gotta give a little shout here to Rednilla. Red I agree the owners of the site have the right to do whatever they want including setting a double standard.  I just didnt realize setting a double standard was something an Auburn man would do.  I thought Auburn men would treat all people equally except maybe Bama fans, guess I was wrong.

Try running a site with the goal of people getting along and let me know how it goes. Bottom line is: You can't please everyone. I also want to thank you for respecting my request to keep the thread on topic. This thread has now been locked thanks to you.

P.S. When you choose to be different, you agree to live with the consequences. I would know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for everyone else who looked beyond the word "Christianity," understood what this topic is really about, and contributed in a positive manner, I thank you and apologize that this thread had to be locked. There is a reason we ask that our members refrain from religious and political discussion here at Auburn Eagle.

I couldn't agree more with what yall have posted. I am also a youth minister, as well as, active duty military. It really makes me mad about what the world's thought is on what a man is or is suppose to be. The world has placed such a feminine spin on what a man should be that it makes me sick. If you have the opportunity to be a male influence on a young man, please step up and do so. There are so many young men that I speak to on a daily basis that don't have a father figure, let alone even know who their father is. It is really sad. I am so happy that we have coaches that really get it. They understand how needed a father is in a young man's life, and are not afraid to step up and fill this void.  War Eagle!!

Friend, your post is spot on!  Thanks for sharing.  My preacher has been talking a lot on this subject of late about how us, as men, need to make a stand.  Thanks again and War Eagle, my friend!

Archived