TheWarTiger

I some how deleted my avatar pic and cannot replace it for some reason? I pick the "I have my one picture to upload"-click choose file - select the file- then click change profile and nothing happens? What gives?

Also I have noticed that you can no longer delete your own post. I tried to delete a post the other night but could not figure out how to do it now.

Also the help directions for this site are really bad and really need to be looked into. Editing the profile is the worst of all as I have never been able to post pictures like most people do on here. Anyone have any thoughts.

Matt aka

TheWarTiger

I some how deleted my avatar pic and cannot replace it for some reason? I pick the "I have my one picture to upload"-click choose file - select the file- then click change profile and nothing happens? What gives?

Our message boards system is very limited when it comes to uploading your own images to the server. Using an external host allows you to use a larger image as well as saves us bandwidth. I'm not quite sure why uploading the image isn't working for you, but you can try using an external image host. The process is described in the steps below.

Using an External Image Host for Your Avatar:

1. Find the picture that you wish to use (make sure it's family friendly)

2. Upload the picture to a free image hosting website such as PhotoBucket

3. Copy the "direct link" provided by the image hosting service.

4. Go to your Auburn Eagle Message Boards profile via link at the top of the page.

5. Click on "Forum Profile Information" located on the left.

6. Select "I have my own pic", and paste the "direct link" mentioned earlier in the field to the right of the option selected.

7. Click "Change Profile" located at the bottom of the page.

8. Enjoy and WAR EAGLE!!

Using an External Image Host for Your Signature:

Follow the steps above, replacing step 6 with the step below:

6. In the signature field, paste the "direct link" mentioned earlier and enclose it in "IMG" tags. Below is an example of what it should look like:

[img=http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr197/audomination/krazycat.gif]

Also I have noticed that you can no longer delete your own post. I tried to delete a post the other night but could not figure out how to do it now.

Members have the ability to delete their own post only for a limited time and only if there are no replies. Once someone else has contributed to the topic, it would be unfair to allow the member who started the topic to delete it.

Also the help directions for this site are really bad and really need to be looked into. Editing the profile is the worst of all as I have never been able to post pictures like most people do on here. Anyone have any thoughts.

The help section was written by the creators of the forum software we use. We're sorry you didn't find it helpful.

Including Images in Your Post:

1. Upload your image to an image hosting site such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack.

2. Copy the "direct link" provided by the image hosting site.

3. In the posting form, click the "insert image" button located above the smileys (highlighted and circled in the image below).

4. Paste the "direct link" between the img tags as shown below (highlighted and circled in the image below).

5. You can edit the topic and use the preview option until you reach the desired result.

6. Finally, click the "post" button located at the bottom (highlighted and circled in the image below).

postingnewplusimage.jpg

Hope that helps!! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or problems. WAR EAGLE!!

Archived