Robenson Therezie

Lynx34

Is Lanier not COMMITTED to AU?

he is. DJ just forgot to mention him.

Nope, didn't forget. There is a chance that Lanier doesn't sign with AU.

Wow. Ok. Going to sit back and watch this play out

Yeah, that sounds pretty interesting and a little disheartening for Lanier at the same time. Realize college ball is a business but the guy has committed for a while and has been solid all along. I wouldn't do any good as a recruiter and/or coach I don't think.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Lanier not COMMITTED to AU?

he is. DJ just forgot to mention him.

Nope, didn't forget. There is a chance that Lanier doesn't sign with AU.

I hope we wouldn't do that, just doesn't seem right.

What's happened there?

Better talent from the high school pool to choose from. Nothing he did. We only have a FEW spots available, and we have to take the BEST players for our needs. Spots in this class are becoming VERY valuable!

Surprised to hear that about Lanier. I've heard nothing but great things about him and I believe he is a heck of a player. I wanted to ask about him a few weeks ago when I noticed his name hasn't been on any of the recent visit lists. Whatever the coaches think is best i'm all for.

Not sayin what is right because i don't know all the details, but if it is true that the offer may be pulled because of the opportunity to get a more talented player, it doesnt look good for us and seems downrite Sabanish to me...I HOPE that IS NOT the case tho... :dunno:

Not sayin what is right because i don't know all the details, but if it is true that the offer may be pulled because of the opportunity to get a more talented player, it doesnt look good for us and seems downrite Sabanish to me...I HOPE that IS NOT the case tho... :dunno:

Stuff like this happens all over college football, Saban isnt the only coach who does it

I love Auburn and this staff, but I feel for Lanier if this happens.  I couldn't imagine having your dream ripped out from under you like this.

We should honor our commitments.  Just because other people do something is no excuse.

We are Auburn!

+1  If he was good enough to go after in the first place, he should be good enough now. I want to see our University thrive, but I want to see it done the right way also.

I hope we don't change from "Family" to "Buisiness". We have signed some really good players (on and off the field)

becouse we choose the high road.

We should honor our commitments.  Just because other people do something is no excuse.

We are Auburn!

+1  If he was good enough to go after in the first place, he should be good enough now. I want to see our University thrive, but I want to see it done the right way also.

Not knocking him but players decommit and hurt the coaches so the coaches have the same luxury. Plus that might have been part of the offer.

We are Auburn!

Not knocking him but players decommit and hurt the coaches so the coaches have the same luxury. Plus that might have been part of the offer.

So you are saying because players de-committ, the coaches have the righ to cut ties with a player who has been solidly committed to us, twice? A player this staff recruited. I sure hope this isn't the case. That doesn't embody "Family" in any way!

We are Auburn!

Are we suppose to be teaching them what is important in life or are they suppose to be teaching us?

If we are only Auburn men, women, family, when it is convenient, then we are hypocrites.

We are Auburn!

So you are saying because players de-committ, the coaches have the righ to cut ties with a player who has been solidly committed to us, twice? A player this staff recruited. I sure hope this isn't the case. That doesn't embody "Family" in any way!

If his offer was an "If there is room" then they should be able to. The coaches offer tons of players and almost always have commitments over their sign-able amounts. They have to choose between kids and everyone of them was recruited and offered so its not fair to any one of them. If coaches take the first ones to commit then coaches would never offer lower players and there would be last minute scrambling around to fill spots with anyone and that would hurt alot of teams. Besides if they have a spot they will surely take him. They haven't retracked the offer. Coaches have to take the best they can get or they can't fully compete with the best.  

We are Auburn!

If his offer was an "If there is room" then they should be able to. The coaches offer tons of players and almost always have commitments over their sign-able amounts. They have to choose between kids and everyone of them was recruited and offered so its not fair to any one of them. If coaches take the first ones to commit then coaches would never offer lower players and there would be last minute scrambling around to fill spots with anyone and that would hurt alot of teams. Besides if they have a spot they will surely take him. They haven't retracked the offer yet. Coaches have to take the best they can get or they can't fully compete with the best.  

I'm sure you're right, but it just seems like there's no point in giving a committable offer unless you will take that player's commitment. I know if that was my kid, I'd be heart-broken for him and angry with a staff. But I guess I don't know the background of everything -- as you said, it could be a conditional committable offer.

We are Auburn!

Are we suppose to be teaching them what is important in life or are they suppose to be teaching us?

If we are only Auburn men, women, family, when it is convenient, then we are hypocrites.

Coaches are good at evaluating players and how would it be in the best interest of the player and help them to go to a team that there is better players there or coming in and them not getting to play. It is better to be straight with a player so if he has potential that he goes where he can achieve it and not waste it and his chances by going into a bad situation.

I want to be clear. I am not knocking Lanier in anyway. I am simply talking about the situation. I believe the coaches are doing what they think is best for both sides and this is something that happens every year at almost every big school.

We are Auburn!

Coaches are good at evaluating players and how would it be in the best interest of the player and help them to go to a team that there is better players there or coming in and them not getting to play. It is better to be straight with a player so if he has potential that he goes where he can achieve it and not waste it and his chances by going into a bad situation.

Sounds like a very poor attempt at justification.  It is just saying the same thing with a little more tact.  

I want to be clear. I am not knocking Lanier in anyway. I am simply talking about the situation. I believe the coaches are doing what they think is best for both sides and this is something that happens every year at almost every big school.

Please don't think that I am attacking you or anyone else.  I don't have all the facts at this point.  However, I believe there is a fundamental principle at stake and that principle is also at the center of what Auburn family is all about.

What if his offer was contingent on him getting in School in December....what if he isn't making grades at Juco..Brian Matthews seem to indicate on Sports Call that Lanier might not be holding his Grades up in Juco with just 28 people that you can sign should you tie up a spot with a player who is not doing it in the class room?

:believe::wareagle:

Archived