Basketball Recruiting ***update 8/20/2012***

IHateBammers

ST, what's going on in basketball recruiting? Did Cothron ever enroll? Also on the basketball boards you posted about a PG and said you would let us know something shortly but it has been a while.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check out THIS thread about recruits Willy Kouassi and Bernard Morena of Central Park in Birmingham, who are from the Ivory Coast, and are both VERY high on AU right now!

There is also an article HERE on Scout about Morena, in which he discusses the many reasons why he LOVES Coach Barbee and AU! He is a 4.0 student and hopes to major in Computer Engineering, which is the field that BOTH of his parents are in. He says that he is aware of AU's strong engineering program, and that he also likes CTB's style of play and the brand new arena, which he describes by saying “It is going to be off the chain,” he says. “I don’t think I have seen anything like it.”

Kouassi also likes AU A LOT and says that he is VERY interested in the Tigers. He performed VERY well recently at Coach Barbee's AU Camp.

That's the latest news right now. Here's a list of all of the players that have an offer from AU right now...

G Kentavious Caldwell                                                F Johnny O'Bryant

Greenville, Georgia (Greenville)                                    Cleveland, Mississippi (East Side)

6'6" 185                                                                  6'9" 235

5* Rivals #5 SG and #15 overall                                  4* Rivals #8 PF and #36 overall

5*Scout #4 SG                                                        5* Scout #6 PF

G Trevor Lacey                                                        C Willy Kouassi

Huntsville, Alabama (Butler)                                        Birmingham, Alabama (Central Park)

6'3" 190                                                                  6'10" 215

4* Rivals #11 SG and #39 overall                                3* Rivals #15 C and #135 overall

4* Scout #16 SG                                                    3* Scout #14 C

G Cedrick McAfee                                                    F Dominique McKoy

Memphis, Tennessee (Melrose)                                  Atlanta, Georgia (South Atlanta)

6'3" 175                                                                6'7" 205

4* Rivals #17 SG and #56 overall                                3* Rivals #27 SF and #122 overall

4* Scout #24 SG                                                    2* Scout NR

G Levi Randolph **Committed alabama**                    F C.J. Blackwell

Madison, Alabama (Bob Jones)                                  Suwanee, Georgia (Peachtree Ridge)

6'6" 175                                                                6'5" 225

4* Rivals NR and #27 overall                                      3* Rivals NR

4*Scout #7 SG                                                      NR Scout

F Josiah Moore                                                        G Toddrick Gotcher

Norcross, Georgia (Norcross)                                    Garland, Texas (Lakeview Centennial)

6'5" 200                                                                6'3" 185

NR Rivals                                                                3* Rivals NR

2* Scout NR                                                          NR Scout

C Tim Dixon                                                            F Andrew Nicholas  **Committed Rutgers**

Columbus, Georgia (Kendrick)                                    Wrightsville, Pennsylvania (Eastern York School)

6'9" 200                                                                6'6" 210

3* Rivals NR                                                          NR Rivals

3* Scout #23 C                                                      3* Scout NR

SF Devin Langford                                                  PF Nino Johnson

Huntsville, AL (Lee HS)                                            Memphis, TN (Melrose HS)

6'6" 190                                                                6'7" 210

NR Rivals                                                                3* Rivals NR

3* Scout #25 SF                                                    3* Scout NR

PF Octavious Ellis                                                    PF Donovan Ross

Memphis, TN (Whitehaven HS)                                  Ridgeland, MS (Ridgeland HS)

6'8" 185                                                                6'5" 188

3* Rivals #25 PF and #138 overall                              NR Rivals

NR Scout                                                              NR Scout

ST, what's going on in basketball recruiting? Did Cothron ever enroll? Also on the basketball boards you posted about a PG and said you would let us know something shortly but it has been a while.

I hope that list helps! As far as "Big Luke" goes, as far as I know, he was supposed to report to AU sometime around the first of this month (July). I can't confirm whether or not that he did, but I believe that he's already there.  :dunno:

nope but have known him since 3rd grade. back when I could handle him at basketball.

Well, get to work then, SW!!! I've got a feeling we are gonna need some help if we want to sign Lacey! He was high on turd fumes there for a while, but I've got a feeling now that he's got "Calipari Fever"!  :'( You may be our "secret weapon" though, SW!!! Get to it...

"Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to infiltrate enemy territory and gain the trust and services of said recruit! As always, should you or any of your IM force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions! This message will self-destruct in five seconds!" spyvsspy_black.gif

I've got this guys. Been in his ear about it (playfully) but he knows where I want him to land. From what I've heard, he's Tennessee or UK bound. But with Josh enrolled at Auburn and Devin being recruited I wouldn't be surprised to see the three team up at Auburn..

and yes GA those were the days. He passed my skills in 6th grade and never looked back. Started dunking at 5'11'' in the 7th grade. haha impressive to say the least.

16759_102557426431067_100000304297802_60666_3254124_n.jpg

Thanks for the info. What I hate is that there is all that interest in the program but no room for any of them.

Agreed. At best we have room for 2. More than likely though only one.

Check out THIS thread about recruits Willy Kouassi and Bernard Morena of Central Park in Birmingham, who are from the Ivory Coast, and are both VERY high on AU right now!

There is also an article HERE on Scout about Morena, in which he discusses the many reasons why he LOVES Coach Barbee and AU! He is a 4.0 student and hopes to major in Computer Engineering, which is the field that BOTH of his parents are in. He says that he is aware of AU's strong engineering program, and that he also likes CTB's style of play and the brand new arena, which he describes by saying “It is going to be off the chain,” he says. “I don’t think I have seen anything like it.”

Kouassi also likes AU A LOT and says that he is VERY interested in the Tigers. He performed VERY well recently at Coach Barbee's AU Camp.

That's the latest news right now. Here's a list of all of the players that have an offer from AU right now...

G Kentavious Caldwell                                                F Johnny O'Bryant

Greenville, Georgia (Greenville)                                    Cleveland, Mississippi (East Side)

6'6" 185                                                                  6'9" 235

5* Rivals #5 SG and #15 overall                                  4* Rivals #8 PF and #36 overall

5*Scout #4 SG                                                        5* Scout #6 PF

G Trevor Lacey                                                        C Willy Kouassi

Huntsville, Alabama (Butler)                                        Birmingham, Alabama (Central Park)

6'3" 190                                                                  6'10" 215

4* Rivals #11 SG and #39 overall                                3* Rivals #15 C and #135 overall

4* Scout #16 SG                                                     3* Scout #14 C

G Cedrick McAfee                                                     F Dominique McKoy

Memphis, Tennessee (Melrose)                                   Atlanta, Georgia (South Atlanta)

6'3" 175                                                                 6'7" 205

4* Rivals #17 SG and #56 overall                                3* Rivals #27 SF and #122 overall

4* Scout #24 SG                                                     2* Scout NR

G Levi Randolph **Committed alabama**                     F C.J. Blackwell

Madison, Alabama (Bob Jones)                                   Suwanee, Georgia (Peachtree Ridge)

6'6" 175                                                                 6'5" 225

4*Scout #7 SG                                                       NR Scout

F Josiah Moore                                                        G Toddrick Gotcher

Norcross, Georgia (Norcross)                                     Garland, Texas (Lakeview Centennial)

6'5" 200                                                                 6'3" 185

2* Scout NR                                                           NR Scout

C Tim Dixon                                                            F Andrew Nicholas  **Committed Rutgers**

Columbus, Georgia (Kendrick)                                    Wrightsville, Pennsylvania (Eastern York School)

6'9" 200                                                                6'6" 210

3* Rivals NR                                                           NR Rivals

SF Devin Langford                                                   PF Nino Johnson

Huntsville, AL (Lee HS)                                             Memphis, TN (Melrose HS)

6'6" 190                                                                 6'7" 210

3* Scout #25 SF                                                     3* Scout NR

PF Octavious Ellis                                                    PF Donovan Ross

Memphis, TN (Whitehaven HS)                                   Ridgeland, MS (Ridgeland HS)

6'8" 185                                                                 6'5" 188

NR Scout                                                               NR Scout

This is for next years class correct?

This is for next years class correct?

correct

Thought so. Thanks!

Kinda cool to be following b-ball recruiting now.

• 3 weeks later...

So who is on the big board for next year's Class?

Lots of names; too few slots.

From what I remember we wont have any Seniors.  But there is always attrition so I expect we are able to take a couple folks by this time next year.

So who is on the big board for next year's Class?

Lots of names; too few slots.

From what I remember we wont have any Seniors.  But there is always attrition so I expect we are able to take a couple folks by this time next year.

That will be our only possibilities the way it looks now.

everybody on here talking about Lacey he has named his top three and no Tennesse and rule violators(Kentucky) were not on there it IS Alabama,Memphis,and(drumroll!).....yours truly AUBURN!!!!!!!!

4* Scout #16 SG                                                     3* Scout #14 C

G Cedrick McAfee                                                     F Dominique McKoy

Memphis, Tennessee (Melrose)                                   Atlanta, Georgia (South Atlanta)

6'3" 175                                                                 6'7" 205

4* Scout #24 SG                                                     2* Scout NR

G Levi Randolph **Committed alabama**                     F C.J. Blackwell

Madison, Alabama (Bob Jones)                                   Suwanee, Georgia (Peachtree Ridge)

6'6" 175                                                                 6'5" 225

4*Scout #7 SG                                                       NR Scout

Norcross, Georgia (Norcross)                                     Garland, Texas (Lakeview Centennial)

6'5" 200                                                                 6'3" 185

2* Scout NR                                                           NR Scout

3* Rivals NR                                                           NR Rivals

SF Devin Langford                                                   PF Nino Johnson

Huntsville, AL (Lee HS)                                             Memphis, TN (Melrose HS)

6'6" 190                                                                 6'7" 210

3* Scout #25 SF                                                     3* Scout NR

Memphis, TN (Whitehaven HS)                                   Ridgeland, MS (Ridgeland HS)

6'8" 185                                                                 6'5" 188

NR Scout                                                               NR Scout

i posted a forum on them visiting Auburn this past week

Archived