Basketball Recruiting ***update 8/20/2012***

IHateBammers

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check out THIS thread about recruits Willy Kouassi and Bernard Morena of Central Park in Birmingham, who are from the Ivory Coast, and are both VERY high on AU right now!

There is also an article HERE on Scout about Morena, in which he discusses the many reasons why he LOVES Coach Barbee and AU! He is a 4.0 student and hopes to major in Computer Engineering, which is the field that BOTH of his parents are in. He says that he is aware of AU's strong engineering program, and that he also likes CTB's style of play and the brand new arena, which he describes by saying “It is going to be off the chain,” he says. “I don’t think I have seen anything like it.”

Kouassi also likes AU A LOT and says that he is VERY interested in the Tigers. He performed VERY well recently at Coach Barbee's AU Camp.

That's the latest news right now. Here's a list of all of the players that have an offer from AU right now...

G Kentavious Caldwell                                                F Johnny O'Bryant

Greenville, Georgia (Greenville)                                    Cleveland, Mississippi (East Side)

6'6" 185                                                                  6'9" 235

5* Rivals #5 SG and #15 overall                                  4* Rivals #8 PF and #36 overall

5*Scout #4 SG                                                        5* Scout #6 PF

G Trevor Lacey                                                        C Willy Kouassi

Huntsville, Alabama (Butler)                                        Birmingham, Alabama (Central Park)

6'3" 190                                                                  6'10" 215

4* Rivals #11 SG and #39 overall                                3* Rivals #15 C and #135 overall

4* Scout #16 SG                                                     3* Scout #14 C

G Cedrick McAfee                                                     F Dominique McKoy

Memphis, Tennessee (Melrose)                                   Atlanta, Georgia (South Atlanta)

6'3" 175                                                                 6'7" 205

4* Rivals #17 SG and #56 overall                                3* Rivals #27 SF and #122 overall

4* Scout #24 SG                                                     2* Scout NR

G Levi Randolph **Committed alabama**                     F C.J. Blackwell

Madison, Alabama (Bob Jones)                                   Suwanee, Georgia (Peachtree Ridge)

6'6" 175                                                                 6'5" 225

4* Rivals NR and #27 overall                                      3* Rivals NR

4*Scout #7 SG                                                       NR Scout

F Josiah Moore                                                        G Toddrick Gotcher

Norcross, Georgia (Norcross)                                     Garland, Texas (Lakeview Centennial)

6'5" 200                                                                 6'3" 185

NR Rivals                                                                3* Rivals NR

2* Scout NR                                                           NR Scout

C Tim Dixon                                                            F Andrew Nicholas  **Committed Rutgers**

Columbus, Georgia (Kendrick)                                    Wrightsville, Pennsylvania (Eastern York School)

6'9" 200                                                                6'6" 210

3* Rivals NR                                                           NR Rivals

3* Scout #23 C                                                      3* Scout NR

SF Devin Langford                                                   PF Nino Johnson

Huntsville, AL (Lee HS)                                             Memphis, TN (Melrose HS)

6'6" 190                                                                 6'7" 210

NR Rivals                                                                3* Rivals NR

3* Scout #25 SF                                                     3* Scout NR

PF Octavious Ellis                                                    PF Donovan Ross

Memphis, TN (Whitehaven HS)                                   Ridgeland, MS (Ridgeland HS)

6'8" 185                                                                 6'5" 188

3* Rivals #25 PF and #138 overall                              NR Rivals

NR Scout                                                               NR Scout

you can take off O'Bryant and Caldwell

When is the early signing period?

November or early December; dates change a little each year.

Checked;

this years dates for 2010 are November 10th -November 17th.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It sure is great to be following AU basketball too. Glad the program is finally on the rise.

I second that.

I'm tired of having to follow UK or Duke when the tourney starts.

:wedance:

• 1 month later...

I AGREE we have a great bastball coach and new arena its great to see AU basetball on the rise :wareagle::hellyeah:

Drinking early today?

• 2 weeks later...

I agree i can't wait for AU basetball to start winning coach Barbee will lead AU back to the ncaa's we just need a couple of great recruiting years with size we have a great new arena and a great new coach in Barbee. War Eagle!! :zapbama::party:

• 3 weeks later...

not really probably wont sign anybody else this year because there is no seniors on this team and if we do it will be Trevor Lacey.but next years class could be really good there is alot of great players in that class that like Auburn

not really probably wont sign anybody else this year because there is no seniors on this team and if we do it will be Trevor Lacey.but next years class could be really good there is alot of great players in that class that like Auburn

^^^^^

this

Barbee is working on Lacey hard but it's UK 1, AU 2.  I've also heard Lacey has people telling him not to go to Auburn. Went home for break, and all of my neighbors are UK fans and they seemed to think that there most likely will not be room for Lacey. This could turn out extremely well. Even adding Johnson. I talked to some of the auburn coaches, and none of them were sure how many barbee would sign. Really hope auburn ends up with Lacey though!

since recruiting for 2011 is preety much over unless Trevor Lacey commits which i dont think will happen here is a list of all the kids in the 2012 that we have offered so far. :thumbsup:

Archie Goodwin 5 star guard

Robert Carter 4 star forward

Craig Sword 4 star guard

Damien Wilson 4 star forward

Evan Nolte 4 star forward

Charles Mitchell 4 star guard

Brandon Morris 3 star guard

Shaquille Johnson 3 star forward

there will be alot more guys added to this list as the summer camps and AAU games start :wedance:

As Auburn Alumni we need to start showing our support to the basketball team as Coach is someone special and can build the All In Family atmosphere that is Auburn.    :believe:

Great post!  AU fans have got to start showing their support for the program.  This really influences the recruits when they come to visit.  I love that we are getting that transfer from Clemson...From what I have heard, he is a Chris Porter-type player.  Drooling at the thought of him in Barbee's offense.  You alumni need to be supporting the team this year, even if it is a down year.  Just think, you can all tell people how you were there in season one of the Barbee years when AU players are cutting down the National Championship nets in the future. 

:wedance:

As Auburn Alumni we need to start showing our support to the basketball team as Coach is someone special and can build the All In Family atmosphere that is Auburn.    :believe:

Agreed! I'm trying to become a manager for the Auburn basketball team next season but the Athletic Dept. refuses to answer e-mails I guess. We have to support this team.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting. He looks good down low. We need his shot blocking like right now.

Thanks! He does look real good down low. I'll be excited to get him on campus.

a 2012 kid to look out for. idk if auburn is intrested or not but drawing intrest from uab,old dominion, and bama. his name is kiwi gardner.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/basketball/recruiting/player-Kiwi-Gardner-98688

i love small guards like him

Archived