Basketball Recruiting ***update 8/20/2012***

IHateBammers

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hearing all parties involved may just decide to stay quiet until the originally scheduled announcement time.  SO, nothing to see here. :cool:  We'll just let him have his moment, as he deserves it.   :laugh:  WDE!!!

I'm hearing all parties involved may just decide to stay quiet until the originally scheduled announcement time.  SO, nothing to see here. :cool:  We'll just let him have his moment, as he deserves it.   :laugh:  WDE!!!

Is the "originally scheduled announcement time" Thursday?

Morning or afternoon?

With Lacey out there, and the excitement over Barbee and the hope for a brighter future, I find myself eagerly anticipating signing day tomorrow. Let's hope we get some good news.

I think I would consider naming my first born "Trevor" if we could get his signature.

(OK, not really, but let's just say I desperately want to see him wearing orange and blue).

WDE!

Possibly some news coming here soon in basketball recruiting...

im guessing mobley???

Unfortunately, it was Mobley.  From all I gather, our coaches were informed that he was signing with Auburn.  The announcement time was even supposed to be pushed up, as I referenced earlier in this thread.  All I can figure is that he had a last second change of heart.

That's very disappointing. Who do we have in line to fill his spot? Anyone?

It's looking like either we sign Lacey or we stay put and call it a day.

I will be disappointed if our only signees are the 3 from the early period. It does sound like all 3 can contribute, so that's a very good thing. And the two transfers (Ward and Johnson) are huge pluses, so that will help the roster for next season. And maybe this will give Barbee some latitude as far as the next class, but it also means that the next class probably has to be better.

If we are indeed done, then I'd say these first two classes are better than what the previous staff was doing, but I wouldn't say they are light-years better.

If we can somehow land Lacey, then that's another story.

The problem is that by the end of the early period, prospects won't be able to see if the team/program is getting better. Regardless, it looks as though this next period (NOV 2011) is gonna be the most important one to date.

WDE!

• 2 weeks later...

here is a list of 2012 recruits considering us

G Archie Goodwin Little Rock, Arkansas

Sylvan Hills 6'4" 181  5 stars

F Devonta Pollard Porterville, Mississippi

Kemper County 6'7" 190 4 stars

F Twymond Howard Pearl, Mississippi

Pearl 6'5" 200  4 stars

F Shaquille Goodwin Decatur, Georgia

Southwest Dekalb 6'8" 230  5 stars

F Robert Carter Thomasville, Georgia

Thomasville 6'8" 245 4 stars

G DeOndre Haynes Calera, Alabama

Calera 6'2" 170  4 stars

F Damien Wilson Mouth of Wilson, Virginia

Oak Hill Academy 6'6" 198 4 stars

F Charles Mitchell Marietta, Georgia

Wheeler 6'7" 220 4 stars

F Jarmal Reid Decatur, Georgia

Columbia 6'7" 225 4 stars

F Brandon Morris Lithonia, Georgia

Miller Grove 6'7" 195 3 stars

F Shaquille Johnson Alpharetta, Georgia

Milton 6'5" 195 3 stars Auburn  :thumbsup:

would love to land any of these guys

• 3 weeks later...

Tevin Glass has taken a visit to Auburn and we seem to be on top

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=5437213

and Brandon Morris has us in his top 5

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=5095056

We are also the leader for sg jordan price

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=4008442                                                                              all 3 of these players are on the rise in the rankings

• 2 weeks later...

I saw something on Twitter yesterday...maybe from B Matthews, maybe from J Hokanson....about a PG from Georgia that AU offered yesterday.  Anyone know the name or what class he is in.  Apparently AU just extended the offer yesterday. 

we have the upper hand on Tevin Glass because him and Shaq Johnson are like brothers.they came on their visit to Auburn together(Shaq committed right after that visit).

Thanks for keeping us up to date on all the recruiting news on the hardwood AUBasketball. Your efforts are appreciated  :we:

your welcome i enjoy doing it so ill continue doing it.

Archived