OLDEST AE MEMBER

YOU HAVE JUST BARELY GOT ME!  65 HERE.

Ok, eagle 63.  I'm right there with you at 66.  Went to school between 60 and 65!!  Now, you've got to give us a story!!  BTW, in an earlier post , I referred to the FORESTRY PLOT!!  Would any of you old flattulents like to tell these youngen' a story or two?

Great stories guys.  My parents met at Auburn when they were in school there mid 60's.  They moved to Dallas after graduation so I am enjoying the heck out of reading this thread.  I'll have to ask them about some stories.  Me and my dad were on campus last summer and he was showing me around and explained the sorority girls living in dorms which was described earlier in this thread.  He showed me where my mom's room was and how he would throw rocks at her window to get her to come down.  I don't know if all the sorority's were like hers, but the dorm was three stories and the sorority girls occupied the second floor.  The first and third were just regular dorms.  Pops he also pointed out where Helen Keller hall and said what you said about the blind dates.  I pretty sure it still had the same name.  Anyways, I'm not trying to sabotage the thread just wanted to be a part of this masterpiece.  Keep em coming guys. 

Great stories guys.  My parents met at Auburn when they were in school there mid 60's.  They moved to Dallas after graduation so I am enjoying the heck out of reading this thread.  I'll have to ask them about some stories.  Me and my dad were on campus last summer and he was showing me around and explained the sorority girls living in dorms which was described earlier in this thread.  He showed me where my mom's room was and how he would throw rocks at her window to get her to come down.  I don't know if all the sorority's were like hers, but the dorm was three stories and the sorority girls occupied the second floor.  The first and third were just regular dorms.  Pops he also pointed out where Helen Keller hall and said what you said about the blind dates.  I pretty sure it still had the same name.  Anyways, I'm not trying to sabotage the thread just wanted to be a part of this masterpiece.  Keep em coming guys. 

Thanks for sharing TX

Pops, if I am not mistaken the Forestry Plot was used for a lot more than growing trees. "Parking" comes to mind but only old geezers like us would even know what that term means. Is "hooking up" the modern version? As far as the oldest member on here goes I think AU60 has it. I believe he is 72. I am 71 so that makes you a distant 3rd. Anyway, as old as we are a few years doesn't mean much. Also can some of the younger guys on here enlighten me as to what is going on with the original dorms. Do sororities have off campus houses like the frats do? Are the old dorms co-ed now. I know things have changed dramatically since I was there. Help an old man out.  ;D

Pops, if I am not mistaken the Forestry Plot was used for a lot more than growing trees. "Parking" comes to mind but only old geezers like us would even know what that term means. Is "hooking up" the modern version? As far as the oldest member on here goes I think AU60 has it. I believe he is 72. I am 71 so that makes you a distant 3rd. Anyway, as old as we are a few years doesn't mean much. Also can some of the younger guys on here enlighten me as to what is going on with the original dorms. Do sororities have off campus houses like the frats do? Are the old dorms co-ed now. I know things have changed dramatically since I was there. Help an old man out.  ;D

Good questions.  Anybody know the answers.

Good questions.  Anybody know the answers.

Ok can some of you youngers guys please help us out with this question by slammer. You don't want to piss us older guys off.

As far as I know, most if not all dorms are coed. The sororities are housed in the new Village dorms beside the Arena. I hope this answers your question. I was at AU until 2003. War Eagle!!

I got you covered golf. The hill has two female only halls, one for freshmen only. The quad has two female only halls, one being keller. The village has two sorority halls, which would only make sense that they are female only

Definitely. Plus the library is on Playboy's top 10 places to pick up girls  :thumbsup: Damn I cannot wait to get to Auburn  ;D 16 days and counting

Lucky man oh to be young again

Thanks mccamy and fish for your input and you too, golf, for your authorative support. I'm not familiar with a couple of terms used. "the village" and "the hill" are unknown to me but I will familiarize myself with the whole campus this fall. I have a standing invitation to tailgate with a friend of mine and plan to make full use of it. He starts on Wed before the game. Now if I can only get the wifey to handle our three dogs.  :thumbsup:  Does anyone know the ratio of males to females these days. I am sure its a hell of a lot better than 1957. 4:1 the wrong way!!!  >:(  Ok, got to go smack some little white balls (golf). Don't want anyone getting ideas. Some pull the trigger pretty quick here. Thanks again guys.  :happydance: and  :we:

You did notice everyone has smiles on their faces.

I don't know if the blonde girl in the back is smiling or crying  :dunno:

About 50 years ago, I came to Auburn.  My parents left me with a bicycle at a home where they had rented me a room.  I can still see the taillights in the car when they left me sitting on the curb next to the house with the room.  I thought; well, you are now on your own.  The people who owned the house suggested that I go to one of the "Boarding Houses" to obtain a meal ticket for a week or month.  They suggested the "Greenhouse", which was, I believe onthe corner of College and Snatch(Thach).  Now, I know you young'n are not going to believe this, but that was the best food an 18 year old could ever have!!  We sat at a BIG table, had a ticket that you bought by the week and had punched at the door, and ate bisquits and greens and corn bread and whatever!!  Got to know a lot of people at that table!!  Golf and Slammer, help me with this.  Was it College and Snatch?  Help me out here!!

In another comment, we started this thread and have had a lot of fun with it.  Alongside, came a request from young SWestbrook, a snotty young whippersnapper out of North Alabama, who suggested we start a "Youngest AE Member" thread.  He and TAYLOR KEETON must have hooked up, because their thread became a delight also.  Bottom line is, even though we are worlds apart in age, we all have one wonderful thing in common: WE LOVE AUBURN UNIVERSITY!!.  I believe our ages run from 13 to 72, as close as I can determine, but isn't it wonderful that we all can share a common experience?  I respectfully request that we all, as we go forward, respect each other for who we are and why we are here in the first place, and that we are all PROUD TO BE AUBURN;  WE ARE NOT AUBURN FANS, WE ARE AUBURN.

About 50 years ago, I came to Auburn.  My parents left me with a bicycle at a home where they had rented me a room.  I can still see the taillights in the car when they left me sitting on the curb next to the house with the room.  I thought; well, you are now on your own.  The people who owned the house suggested that I go to one of the "Boarding Houses" to obtain a meal ticket for a week or month.  They suggested the "Greenhouse", which was, I believe onthe corner of College and Snatch(Thach).  Now, I know you young'n are not going to believe this, but that was the best food an 18 year old could ever have!!  We sat at a BIG table, had a ticket that you bought by the week and had punched at the door, and ate bisquits and greens and corn bread and whatever!!  Got to know a lot of people at that table!!  Golf and Slammer, help me with this.  Was it College and Snatch?  Help me out here!!

No help from me pops on the Greenhouse location. I'm sure I went there just can't see the location steetwise. My meal ticket, freshman year,  I had was at a little hole in the wall place just off College on a side street. But I do remember the great home cooking. Country fried steak, mash pot. and green beans. I can taste it now. The owners, man and wife, became like a second parent to you. Also made alot of new friends there. The owner was also the cook and I can see him now cooking that food and smoking a big cigar at the same time. Times have changed. I also got to eat at Sewell Hall, jock dorm, once a week. Now there the food was steaks, shrimp, fried chicken and all you could eat. Once I became a Theta Chi I ate most of my meals at the frat. house. As for the first place I live it was room a little old lady rented out about 4 miles from campus. The room was 10'x10' with one light, one window, no phone, no visitors and no private entrance. God I hated that room.

In another comment, we started this thread and have had a lot of fun with it.  Alongside, came a request from young SWestbrook, a snotty young whippersnapper out of North Alabama, who suggested we start a "Youngest AE Member" thread.  He and TAYLOR KEETON must have hooked up, because their thread became a delight also.  Bottom line is, even though we are worlds apart in age, we all have one wonderful thing in common: WE LOVE AUBURN UNIVERSITY!!.  I believe our ages run from 13 to 72, as close as I can determine, but isn't it wonderful that we all can share a common experience?  I respectfully request that we all, as we go forward, respect each other for who we are and why we are here in the first place, and that we are all PROUD TO BE AUBURN;  WE ARE NOT AUBURN FANS, WE ARE AUBURN.

pops I couldn't have said it any better. Great post.    WDE