Prayers for Ed Dyas, former AU Fullback

Tiger Growlin

My congratulations on the Hall and my prayers for you and your family Dr. Dyas.

War Eagle.

I am deeply saddened to hear of Dr Ed's medical situation. I was in school at Auburn during his football career and knew him just slightly. However he was a class act back then and still is to this day. I don't know if Ed was responsicle for choosing his representivies for the induction ceremony but Ken Rice and John McGeever are great selections. I knew both. Ken from my short tour on the Auburn wrestling team and John whom I've known since high school. I will always remember John blocking a field goal attempt in a game back then. The kicker kicked it right into John's stomach and somehow he  hung on and raced about 80 yards for a TD. Nobody in the stadium even knew he had the ball. There was no instant replay back then. I just hope for the best for Dr Ed. However, all three truly are Auburn men and will do our university proud. WDE

:aufb:

I am deeply saddened to hear of Dr Ed's medical situation. I was in school at Auburn during his football career and knew him just slightly. However he was a class act back then and still is to this day. I don't know if Ed was responsicle for choosing his representivies for the induction ceremony but Ken Rice and John McGeever are great selections. I knew both. Ken from my short tour on the Auburn wrestling team and John whom I've known since high school. I will always remember John blocking a field goal attempt in a game back then. The kicker kicked it right into John's stomach and somehow he  hung on and raced about 80 yards for a TD. Nobody in the stadium even knew he had the ball. There was no instant replay back then. I just hope for the best for Dr Ed. However, all three truly are Auburn men and will do our university proud. WDE

:aufb:

slammer1, please share this on my thread, "OLDEST AE MEMBER", which is curently running under "General Chat"  .  When you do I have a Jonny McGeever story to share, also.

I love Ed Dyas and everthing he did for Auburn!!!  Be strong, my friend.

Great guy, great Auburn man, great doctor and a great cousin -- Always will be!  Keep up the fight, and may God bless you!

WDE Ed!

Ed Dyas and Jackie Burkett, my first two AU heros.   All the best to Dr. Dyas and his family.

Oldaubie, see the "Oldest AE Member" thread: bet you've got something to contribute.

Dr Dyas and his family are all great people and I know it's killing him not being able to attend. 

A great Player, a great Doctor and a true inspiration to all in the Auburn Family.  Dr Dyas me and my family will be praying for you and your family.

Archived