What is ActiveX control? Everytime I click on a page...

Guest WarTiger

Guest WarTiger

my internet explorer tells me it stopped this site from installing ActiveX control. Can someone please tell me what that is and how I can make it stop. TIA.

Same here, It won't let me download it.  I know the countdown will not work without active-x.  Mods can anyone give some advice?

Nope.  Mine is doing that also.

I'll look into it. The java countdown doesn't seem to be working efficiently. Has anyone with the countdown working noticed that it causes a lag or anything like that?

no but everytime i switch pages I get this darn pop-up saying my computer will not run ae-cd because it doesn't trust the site  :pcprobs: :pcprobs: :pcprobs:

It's annoying so I spent 30 minutes messing around with my settings but still won't work

I had the same problem after installing the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.

If you go to your internet toolbar and click Tool>Internet Options>Security>Custom Level and you will see a window. Scroll down and you will see several Active Control Xs that you can either enable or disable.

Instead of trying to figure out which individual Active Control X it could be, I simiply restored my settings to default (which was medium-high on my computer) on the RESET CUSTOM SETTINGS bar located below the window mentioned above. After doing so everything operated smoothly for me. Hope it helps.

I had the same problem after installing the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.

If you go to your internet toolbar and click Tool>Internet Options>Security>Custom Level and you will see a window. Scroll down and you will see several Active Control Xs that you can either enable or disable.

Instead of trying to figure out which individual Active Control X it could be, I simiply restored my settings to default (which was medium-high on my computer) on the RESET CUSTOM SETTINGS bar located below the window mentioned above. After doing so everything operated smoothly for me. Hope it helps.

The active-X still will not work however it did fix my pop up problem!  So thank you!

I'll look into it. The java countdown doesn't seem to be working efficiently. Has anyone with the countdown working noticed that it causes a lag or anything like that?

It does cause roughly about a 5 second to 10 second lag for me. :dunno:

It does cause roughly about a 5 second to 10 second lag for me. :dunno:

There has been some lag time for me as well. It seems a little faster in the afternoon for some reason.

The pop up and lag time are very annoying.  My IE will not let me download the ActiveX and frankly I don't know if I want it to download.  Is the countdown causing the pop up and lag?  If so, let's get rid of it.  It is very annoying. 

The pop up and lag time are very annoying.  My IE will not let me download the ActiveX and frankly I don't know if I want it to download.   Is the countdown causing the pop up and lag?  If so, let's get rid of it.  It is very annoying. 

We are on the same page A4e, I have stopped coming to this site as much because of how annoying it is being

Archived