2012 5* QB Jameis Winston (FSU signee)

RunInRed

This kid is going to be a stud and plays at my old High School in Hueytown.  His freshman year he started at QB running the box and played well under Coach Jeff Smith.  Hueytown went out and hired  Matt Scott the OC at Spain Park and Jameis excelled under him his Sophmore year.  Hueytown has always played 6A when we really should be playing in 5A.  This year we are back in the 5A region so things should be fun.  Jameis is going to be one of the top QB's in the state and if not the country the next two years.  The problem for Jameis is he doesn't have the top talent around him so he must do a little bit of everything.  I know Chizik and Saban have talked to him and recently Saban made a visit to the school.  Keep an eye on this kid...

Freshman year

Sophmore year

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This kid is going to be a stud and plays at my old High School in Hueytown.  His freshman year he started at QB running the box and played well under Coach Jeff Smith.  Hueytown went out and hired  Matt Scott the OC at Spain Park and Jameis excelled under him his Sophmore year.  Hueytown has always played 6A when we really should be playing in 5A.  This year we are back in the 5A region so things should be fun.  Jameis is going to be one of the top QB's in the state and if not the country the next two years.  The problem for Jameis is he doesn't have the top talent around him so he must do a little bit of everything.  I know Chizik and Saban have talked to him and recently Saban made a visit to the school.  Keep an eye on this kid...

Freshman year

Sophmore year

is that you, ryan?!

Hey hyt guys! This is Ryan haha. I think jameis could be a lot like chris Davis was this year just straight up athlete! 

Oh and us hyt Au urn fans need to stick together! There aren't many in our area!

well you know there are alot of new fan for that other team in tuscaloosa that i never saw the flags and the symbol on cars in all my years living in Hueytown. But does anybody have a clue if Jameis is leaning either way. Also i remeber we were at a local restuarant (D's Tamales) an i was talking to him for the first time and every answer from him was yes sir and no sir. and im like man im just 26 and he laughed. but i was real im pressed by that. Good kid.

The kid is a stud. But if we get one of the QBs we are going after this year, I do not think this kid will sign with AU. IMO.

true but it all depends on what he wants to play in college

• 5 months later...

just got a tweet from justin hopkins saying this " 2012 AL QB Jameis Winston told me moments ago he would definitley be playing football with fellow 2012 AL star Reggie Ragland" thats bad considering ragland is a turd lean

There is a reason we are pursuing other QB options for 2012.

Zeke Pike (I suspect) is our number 1 qb target for next year anyway.

Im more worried about Ragland. With bama possibly getting trey depriest that would make 4 LB's for them, right? shouldnt ragland take that in to consideration with the depth they have there already?

Im more worried about Ragland. With bama possibly getting trey depriest that would make 4 LB's for them, right? shouldnt ragland take that in to consideration with the depth they have there already?

I would love to be able to get Ragland and Kwon Alexander next year.

Yep but alabama is sitting pretty with both of them  :banghead:

I feel we still have a good shot with Alexander, especially if we can get Flint and Elston from Oxford.

Let me try to be optimistic here.. Alabama will not win every game. They wont, they will actually lose a few here and there EVEN with loads of talent. Last year the stars aligned and they one a national championship..barely(TN, Auburn, Texas). As soon as these recruits see that Alabama is beatable it will change not all but some of these HS stars perception.  

Don't think we have to worry as Winston is a possible MLB draft prospect as a pitcher.

Well we do have Kiehl Frazier. Just sayin..

Don't think we have to worry as Winston is a possible MLB draft prospect as a pitcher.

That is what I was thinking too, but the kid LOVES the turds so he could possibly play football.

Archived