2012 5* QB Jameis Winston (FSU signee)

RunInRed

Both guys grew up turd fans, so it's not shocking that they are enamoured with them right now. It's a VERY, VERY, VERY long time to Feb. 2012 though! It's nice to know WHO the new recruits for 2012 are, but I'm WAY more interested in the '11 class right now! Now if a '12 guy comes out and says "I love AU, and that's where I want to go PERIOD!", then I might pay a little closer attention... but even THEN you have to TIFWIW!  :)

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to watch Jameis play tonight against Oak Mountain.  I will report back on how he looks this evening.  I talked to him last week and he said all the Bama lock stuff is wrong.  I honestly could see him going the baseball route with the way he throws the ball. 

Yep he is the 2012 QB.  Like I said he probably will be pitching for somebody if he has another year for Hueytown like he had last.  When I spoke to him last Thursday he told me the depth chart would be a big concern for him and at Alabama he will already have 3 pretty highly guys in front of him.  He said he has spent a little more time at Alabama just due to it being 45 minutes from the house.  His Dad is a great guy and he will play a big roll into the decision.  He might have a better chance getting into our rotation before Alabamas.  Jameis is like the like the Jason Campbell of High School by having to deal with some drastic offensive changes while in school.  While Coach Smith was there he was running the box while being a 9th grader against 6A schools.  Now with Matt running a spread offense it is going to allow him to showcase his arm a little more this year.  I believe his style of play would be more suited for our offense but who knows.  Regardless where he goes it should be fun to watch him this year and next.  Hueytown has dropped to 5A so it will certainly help the school compete and bring back some old rivalry games against Pleasant Grove and McAdory. 

Yep he is the 2012 QB.  Like I said he probably will be pitching for somebody if he has another year for Hueytown like he had last.  When I spoke to him last Thursday he told me the depth chart would be a big concern for him and at Alabama he will already have 3 pretty highly guys in front of him.  He said he has spent a little more time at Alabama just due to it being 45 minutes from the house.  His Dad is a great guy and he will play a big roll into the decision.  He might have a better chance getting into our rotation before Alabamas.  Jameis is like the like the Jason Campbell of High School by having to deal with some drastic offensive changes while in school.  While Coach Smith was there he was running the box while being a 9th grader against 6A schools.  Now with Matt running a spread offense it is going to allow him to showcase his arm a little more this year.  I believe his style of play would be more suited for our offense but who knows.  Regardless where he goes it should be fun to watch him this year and next.  Hueytown has dropped to 5A so it will certainly help the school compete and bring back some old rivalry games against Pleasant Grove and McAdory. 

Because of both ours and gumps depth chart at QB, he could go out of state. 

He goes to my alma mater i got a chance to see him last year I refereed a couple of his games also last year he is legit he can pretty much make all the throws and he has that deceptive Matt Jones (old Arkansas QB) type of speed he doesn't run unless he is forced to (which he had to do a good bit of at times because the offensive line was so small) but when he does run and he turns the corner your not gonna catch him until he stops in the end zone.

Because of both ours and gumps depth chart at QB, he could go out of state. 

I agree. I don't know how easy its going to be for us or uat to pull in a higly rated QB in the next couple of years.

Here's a question: How often do college programs look to pick up top notch QBs? Would they like to get one every year? Or every other year?

Oklahoma has 2 elite 11 QB commits this year, it can be done.  Miami got Harris a year after Marve.  McCoy and Snead both went to UT.

Bama lock. Haha.   

I think our coaches like Zeke Pike better and I agree with them. 

Let's put "lock" and "beast" in a vault, or a time machine, never to be seen again!!

Got to watch him play tonight against Pelham and he is a one man show out there.  He needs to put on some wieght but his frame will support it without a doubt.  He made the defense look silly at times during the game tonight.  I know he had 3 scores himself with one being a huge run for 50+yds running over defenders.  I saw him air it out for over 60yds with ease and it was right off the fingers of the WR.  Hueytown over Pelham 36-21

He was  suppposed to attend junior day this year but he attended prom instead i believe.His future is looking very bright. Not sure he would play QB at the next level but he would be a serious threat at WR.

He was  suppposed to attend junior day this year but he attended prom instead i believe.His future is looking very bright. Not sure he would play QB at the next level but he would be a serious threat at WR.

Barton Simmons seems to think he has 5* capability at QB.

It should happen every year now that Hueytown is now 5A with McAdory and Pleasant Grove.  He played WR tonight and caught a nice pass late in the game.  You could tell Pelham was missing Jake Holland in the middle and the other kid who signed with FSU.  Honestly I don't know if Jameis will ever see the football field due to he ability on the baseball diamond.  Jameis can flat out pitch... He hit 424 this year and had a 1.92 ERA

Bammer lock

I doubt it.

They are pretty loaded at the QB position and that will work in our favor. :cool:

Bammer lock

I doubt it.

They are pretty loaded at the QB position and that will work in our favor. :cool:

You are correct.  And he has developed quite a relationship with Randy Shannon at Miami.  Don't count them out.  Also FSU.

Bammer lock

I doubt it.

So are we...

Bammer lock

I doubt it.

So are we...

My Thoughts exactly bird. We are in good shape for the next couple of years... not including Frazier.

Archived