2012 5* QB Jameis Winston (FSU signee)

RunInRed

C/O 92.  Seems so long ago now.  PG didn't have much of a football team then....all baseball.  My understanding is that has changed in the last couple of years.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

James was at Tiger Prowl in Pelham. He was wearing shades and standing off to the side of the crowed, seemed quite fascinated with Trooper and the Auburn Coaches.

• 5 months later...

MLB-Lock. Will be a 1st round draft pick

What position does he play in baseball? That would be an interesting move by him.

Centerfielder and pitcher. Throws 94 mph and is a great prospect. Everybody says he's a likely 1st rounder in next years draft, and that kind of money is almost impossible to turn down

My thoughts exactly. I've seen too many careers altered by not going with the sport you're better at. Kyle Parker most recently. Gabe Gross for Auburn, but his got back on track. Brandon Weedon for Okie State played baseball first as well. And of course, Bo Jackson. Hems be smart if he took the long-term career in baseball, and it's the sport he excels the most in.

Yeah, if he has the talent to excel in the majors he definitely shouldn't take a chance on getting hurt playing football. Baseball is much easier on the body.

My thoughts exactly. I've seen too many careers altered by not going with the sport you're better at. Kyle Parker most recently. Gabe Gross for Auburn, but his got back on track. Brandon Weedon for Okie State played baseball first as well. And of course, Bo Jackson. Hems be smart if he took the long-term career in baseball, and it's the sport he excels the most in.

So you think Bo was "better" at baseball than football?

So you think Bo was "better" at baseball than football?

Where'd you get that? Bo was one hell of an Outfielder, but nowhere near as good as he was a RB. I was using him as another example. And he played professional baseball before he played football.. that was my point. He's better at football, but played baseball first. Same scenario for Jameis. He's better at baseball.

Yeah, if he has the talent to excel in the majors he definitely shouldn't take a chance on getting hurt playing football. Baseball is much easier on the body.

Yeah and quite frankly, QB's don't have a good track record of not getting hurt against us...

Archived