small box for writing posts.

Quietmaninthecorner

Is there a setting that I am missing that makes the box where I type a post in bigger. (more room for more sentances)  it is really frustrating to reply to a post,  and if the reply goes longer than 15 lines with quoted material,  I can not see what I am typing without scrolling down to the bottom of the box.  When I do scroll down,  as soon as I type one letter,  it scrolls of the screen untill I am done writing,  and I have to go back and scroll down the box again to see what I wrote,  and correct errors.

we have 10 lines on emoticons above the box for typing,  and can only see 14-16 lines of post inside the reply box while typing.

Anyone else having this problem?

I am making this post extra long,  so  whoever posts a reply by quoting this,  can  see if I am the only one with this problem.

Please let me know.  Quote this whole post in your reply and see.

Thanks,

Quietman.

On my iPhone, I can't even scroll the reply box so I will end up replying inside somebody else's quote. It's frustrating but I'm working around it.

Yes I have the same problem.  It is annoying but I will be willing to do it forever for this awesome FREE site!

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something I am doing.  Thanks for the reply.  I wish they would get it fixed, but I am willing to deal with it also, because this site ROCKS.

I've noticed this problem also. I have used notepad to type what I wanted, then I just use copy & paste when I am finished.

And we have a winner!!! ^^^^^  This makes it so much easier. 

• 2 weeks later...

I also have this problem. While it is easy to type up a response in notepad and paste it into the reply box, this problem should be adressed. We need a drop down box for the emoticons. They take up way too much space. This might even be the problem for not being able to see much of the reply box.

Archived