Kris Frost.

aurules16

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mom sounded like the gameday atmosphere had her ready to grab her cleats and take it to the field!! :laugh:  

WAR EAGLE Mr & Mrs Frost - oh and bring Kris with you! :)

Wow. I'm very impressed with his parents. They seem like really good people. Kris fits the mold of what type of young men we need to be bringing in.

Seems like his Dad was very careful of what he was saying throughout the whole interview in that if you took away the formalities (camera, interviewer etc) that he would have said on multiple occasions, what he said with his last sentence; the coaches are legit, the program is legit, I think my son needs to commit here now.

It's good that they're waiting to make the decision and remove themselves from the game day atmosphere and hype and sleep on it.

Good interview.

:we:

• 1 month later...

Looks like its down to us and Meeeechigan for Frost according to Rivals. There is a story on the front page. Can someone please summarize?

Looks like its down to us and Meeeechigan for Frost according to Rivals. There is a story on the front page. Can someone please summarize?

Yes I can.  He is curious about what is going to happen with CRR and the Michigan defensive coordinator.  It is pretty much down to AU and UM, but he still plans to go to LSU for a visit.  Should announce at Army All-American game.

Yes I can.  He is curious about what is going to happen with CRR and the Michigan defensive coordinator.  It is pretty much down to AU and UM, but he still plans to go to LSU for a visit.  Should announce at Army All-American game.

Michigan has a defensive coordinator? I didn't know that.

Michigan has a defensive coordinator? I didn't know that.

Yes they do. It's called their own Goal Line.  ;D

Maybe UM was a great program but, "what have you done for me lately?". It doesn't mean as much to kids now to play for a program any more. They are worried about playing now and what coaches and players are there. I think the recruits are all about CRR not UM.

Only partly true. Names like Michigan, USC, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Texas, Oklahoma, and as much as I hate to say it Alabama will always carry some weight and get some recruits. Why do you think Bama had top 25 recruiting classes when Shula was the Coach? It was the name Alabama cuz Shula was a horrible coach...This is why I pray Cam stays one more year. If he does he will win 2 Heisman's and go down as the greatest college player of all time. Cam can have the impact for Auburn that Michael Jordan had for the Bulls. Even after MJ left everybody has an opinion about Chicago. They love or hate the Bulls and there is appeal to the Bulls because of MJs legacy. Right now Auburn from year to year is a nice program considered in the second tear one notch below the historic greats I mentioned above in the nation's eyes. If Newton stays 2 years, wins 2 Heisman's, a national title, contend for another next year with an insanely tough schedule, and has a legendary Pro career then he will permanently put Auburn on the national Map and Auburn will be able to get in doors and get some recruits from all over the nation just by the name Auburn for many years to come, much like the programs mentioned above.

Only partly true. Names like Michigan, USC, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Texas, Oklahoma, and as much as I hate to say it Alabama will always carry some weight and get some recruits. Why do you think Bama had top 25 recruiting classes when Shula was the Coach? It was the name Alabama cuz Shula was a horrible coach...This is why I pray Cam stays one more year. If he does he will win 2 Heisman's and go down as the greatest college player of all time. Cam can have the impact for Auburn that Michael Jordan had for the Bulls. Even after MJ left everybody has an opinion about Chicago. They love or hate the Bulls and there is appeal to the Bulls because of MJs legacy. Right now Auburn from year to year is a nice program considered in the second tear one notch below the historic greats I mentioned above in the nation's eyes. If Newton stays 2 years, wins 2 Heisman's, a national title, contend for another next year with an insanely tough schedule, and has a legendary Pro career then he will permanently put Auburn on the national Map and Auburn will be able to get in doors and get some recruits from all over the nation just by the name Auburn for many years to come, much like the programs mentioned above.

I disagree. Auburn will always be Auburn and only Auburn people get it. The perception of Auburn will never change for us, not will it ever change for the rest of the nation.

Alabama gets a top 25 recruiting class for the same reasons texas and florida does. They are in a state that has lots of talent each year and odds are the players are fans of these schools. In those cases it sometimes doesn't even matter who the coach is.

National map wise, Auburn is just as big as and gets as much air time as the other schools. 2nd tear teams can't get top 10 recruiting classes but once in every 20 years or so. Auburn would not be in it for the players we are if they thought of us as a UAB.

Alabama gets a top 25 recruiting class for the same reasons texas and florida does. They are in a state that has lots of talent each year and odds are the players are fans of these schools. In those cases it sometimes doesn't even matter who the coach is.

National map wise, Auburn is just as big as and gets as much air time as the other schools. 2nd tear teams can't get top 10 recruiting classes but once in every 20 years or so. Auburn would not be in it for the players we are if they thought of us as a UAB.

Nobody is comparing anything to UAB. That is a harsh and unrealistic extreme. I am just saying there is a national perception difference between the top 10 Historic programs and the 11-20 Historic programs. (which is where Auburn is) A small example of that perception is Auburn always has 5* prestige on the NCAA football video games. Where as teams like USC, Notre Dame, And Michigan are 6* programs every year....Also you can not compare Alabama high school talent as a whole to Texas High School talent. That is Absurd. It's like comparing John Riggins to Walter Payton. Higgins had a great Pro career for the Redskins but he does not hold a candle to Sweetness. Yes Auburn gets a lot of exposure (Thank you ESPN for that.) but in the last 10 years guess who has been on CBS, who gets first choice of SEC games,  the most behind Florida who is #1...Not Tennessee, Not UGA, not LSU, Not Auburn but its UAT (and they have been mediocre though most of that time period)...So there is a national perception difference whether we like it or not.

Archived