Kris Frost.

aurules16

unfortunately UM is.

Reading the article it seems like he is Auburn bound IMO. Quotes like I knew "WE" could come back in reference to the Iron Bowl is what leads me to that thought. You don't use that word if you're going elsewhere.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unfortunately UM is.

Reading the article it seems like he is Auburn bound IMO. Quotes like I knew "WE" could come back in reference to the Iron Bowl is what leads me to that thought. You don't use that word if you're going elsewhere.

Very Smart man. Somebody could be an investigator...And I apologize for my rant and getting off topic but I just want Auburn to get the In-State and nation respect we deserve. Yes I know I am wasting my breathe so lets get back on topic.

unfortunately UM is.

Very Smart man. Somebody could be an investigator...And I apologize for my rant and getting off topic but I just want Auburn to get the In-State and nation respect we deserve. Yes I know I am wasting my breathe so lets get back on topic.

For whatever reason I thought your post read UM is it as in he's going there. My apologies my friend. WDE!

Only partly true. Names like Michigan, USC, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Texas, Oklahoma, and as much as I hate to say it Alabama will always carry some weight and get some recruits. Why do you think Bama had top 25 recruiting classes when Shula was the Coach? It was the name Alabama cuz Shula was a horrible coach...This is why I pray Cam stays one more year. If he does he will win 2 Heisman's and go down as the greatest college player of all time. Cam can have the impact for Auburn that Michael Jordan had for the Bulls. Even after MJ left everybody has an opinion about Chicago. They love or hate the Bulls and there is appeal to the Bulls because of MJs legacy. Right now Auburn from year to year is a nice program considered in the second tear one notch below the historic greats I mentioned above in the nation's eyes. If Newton stays 2 years, wins 2 Heisman's, a national title, contend for another next year with an insanely tough schedule, and has a legendary Pro career then he will permanently put Auburn on the national Map and Auburn will be able to get in doors and get some recruits from all over the nation just by the name Auburn for many years to come, much like the programs mentioned above.

Alabama gets a top 25 recruiting class for the same reasons texas and florida does. They are in a state that has lots of talent each year and odds are the players are fans of these schools. In those cases it sometimes doesn't even matter who the coach is.

National map wise, Auburn is just as big as and gets as much air time as the other schools. 2nd tear teams can't get top 10 recruiting classes but once in every 20 years or so. Auburn would not be in it for the players we are if they thought of us as a UAB.

Nobody is comparing anything to UAB. That is a harsh and unrealistic extreme. I am just saying there is a national perception difference between the top 10 Historic programs and the 11-20 Historic programs. (which is where Auburn is) A small example of that perception is Auburn always has 5* prestige on the NCAA football video games. Where as teams like USC, Notre Dame, And Michigan are 6* programs every year....Also you can not compare Alabama high school talent as a whole to Texas High School talent. That is Absurd. It's like comparing John Riggins to Walter Payton. Higgins had a great Pro career for the Redskins but he does not hold a candle to Sweetness. Yes Auburn gets a lot of exposure (Thank you ESPN for that.) but in the last 10 years guess who has been on CBS, who gets first choice of SEC games,  the most behind Florida who is #1...Not Tennessee, Not UGA, not LSU, Not Auburn but its UAT (and they have been mediocre though most of that time period)...So there is a national perception difference whether we like it or not.

What ellitor says is true. 

It is definitly easier to recruit a the big name schools like Texas, ND, Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama. 

Auburn is not as big of a national name then some around here would like to think. But it could be if we show our dominance in the next couple years

It's not true from what I have heard from reliable sources...unless there has been a change in the past few days.

It's not true from what I have heard from reliable sources...unless there has been a change in the past few days.

Yeah that's what I was thinking.  I'm not going to get worried until they get Harbaugh.

In Mike Farrell's mailbag this week he says that Michigan leads for Frost no matter who the coach is.  Is this true?  And if so, who would take his place?

Link: http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1160866

Mike Farrell is an idiot. He was wrong about many recruits considering us last year.

In Mike Farrell's mailbag this week he says that Michigan leads for Frost no matter who the coach is.  Is this true?  And if so, who would take his place?

Link: http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1160866

I guess Mike didnt catch the interview with Frost's parents after his Auburn visit.

you can pretty much bank on his info being a month old...seriously.

Which would fit for Frost b/c UM did lead for Frost until his visit for the UGA game.

you can pretty much bank on his info being a month old...seriously.

Which would fit for Frost b/c UM did lead for Frost until his visit for the UGA game.

Auburn has led for Frost since this summer. That hasn't changed and won't change. Period. His family is originally from up north, and he grew up a fan of UM. That is the ONLY reason that he has kept them in the discussion.

If CRR is fired then their chances for the players we are competing for will drop.

Not necessarily. Harbaugh may be the man to take over and he has a great reputation for what he is doing at Stanford.

If CRR is fired then their chances for the players we are competing for will drop.

Not necessarily. Harbaugh may be the man to take over and he has a great reputation for what he is doing at Stanford.

Ain't Michigan on probation?

Not Harbaugh. He is a folk hero at Ann Arbor after having a great career at QB for UM.

Harbaugh is waiting on a job in "The League".  He is not going back to UM anyway, there is A LOT of bad blood between he and the admin there and didn't even bother to show for their celebration of the '85 team this week.  No Bo in Michigan no Harbaugh, now who else will take that job today?

Archived