WELCOME TRE MASON!

Chadf93

I still say only take 2 RBs, keep room for 2012 slots and use whatever skill position slots that are left in 2011, for OL and secondary.

Sid, I may have to lock this thread; oh yeah, I can't do that!!  (3RBs)

:bow: I like it Pops. We'll just have to see how it plays out. I got a good feeling about the 2012 crew & don't want to sacrifice anything there.

You know, after the Blakely de-commit (yes it was) last week, things were looking grim on the RB front.  But as Toby Keith would sing; "How do you like me now?"  Look at the names:  Tre, Buck, Dee, Andrew, and (I know something you don't know!!).  BTW, Sid, my 3rd RB is Quan Bray.  Yes 2012 seems to be loaded, but we're gonna get two key RBs this year!!

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!  His highlights are spectacular!

I can't get over all these southern boys wanting to go to UM....SNow, cold, nasty gray days that last forever.

I get cabin fever after a week of cold in B'ham!

You could play in the SEC and choose to go to Michigan?

What's the attraction?

With Michigan the attractions could include stadium, academics, media exposure, and -- who knows? -- the cool unis.  As for Southern kids, there's also the playing time consideration.

The academics are world class, if you can take advantage of them.

I can't get over all these southern boys wanting to go to UM....SNow, cold, nasty gray days that last forever.

What's the attraction?

The attraction from a football standpoint is West Virginia had one of the most attractive offenses for a running back under the Pat White-Steve Slaton era in the past decade. Now Rich Rod is telling recruits he has Pat White in Denard Robinson and is selling them that they could me the missing link that serves the Steve Slaton Role.

But still, IT'S IN MICHIGAN!!!!!

My ear is not to the academic ground that much, but I can't believe that UM has any better academics than any of the SEC schools.

My ear is not to the academic ground that much, but I can't believe that UM has any better academics than any of the SEC schools.

Michigan is a great academic school, probably on a Vandy level.

This is correct. Michigan is a top 50 academic school

What's the attraction?

The attraction from a football standpoint is West Virginia had one of the most attractive offenses for a running back under the Pat White-Steve Slaton era in the past decade. Now Rich Rod is telling recruits he has Pat White in Denard Robinson and is selling them that they could me the missing link that serves the Steve Slaton Role.

The problem is they have that rb in robinson but they need a qb.  You can afford for rb to go down and replace him hard to replace your starting qb though.  I know robinson is a qb but he just won't stay healthy against the big ten.

What's the attraction?

The problem is they have that rb in robinson but they need a qb.  You can afford for rb to go down and replace him hard to replace your starting qb though.  I know robinson is a qb but he just won't stay healthy against the big ten.

Robinson is the same size as Pat Whit was but a better thrower...In the end it may not matter. I have heard that unless Michigan beats Ohio State Rich Rod is gone. Many of the higher ups in the Michigan want him gone and have the resources to get it done.

Wow! His highlights are spectacular!

What's the attraction?

The problem is they have that rb in robinson but they need a qb. You can afford for rb to go down and replace him hard to replace your starting qb though. I know robinson is a qb but he just won't stay healthy against the big ten.

Robinson is the same size as Pat Whit was but a better thrower...In the end it may not matter. I have heard that unless Michigan beats Ohio State Rich Rod is gone. Many of the higher ups in the Michigan want him gone and have the resources to get it done.

Good to hear ellitor about um maybe help us more with hart.  I just think the physicality of the big 10 will take its toll on a guy that size more so than the big east.

Good to hear ellitor about um maybe help us more with hart.  I just think the physicality of the big 10 will take its toll on a guy that size more so than the big east.

Good point. I did not think about that.

Michigan is definitely on a Vandy and also a Stanford level. They are as well known for their academics as any school outside of the Ivy League Schools.

I really think we get Tre, he is a special RB

It depends if we get Hart. We will get one and Michigan will get the other IMO.

Guest simonsez

he has great change of direction, much like dyer, but at higher speeds.  Great balance and vision.  It appears that he has a little bit of power runner in him also.  Maybe a mix between Dyer and OMac?

he has great change of direction, much like dyer, but at higher speeds.  Great balance and vision.  It appears that he has a little bit of power runner in him also.  Maybe a mix between Dyer and OMac?

very much so and with a frame that could add 15-20 lbs.

While, I think Mason is a good back, he can't hold Dyer's jockstrap yet.    I do think with another 10-15 pounds he could be a dang good back though.

While, I think Mason is a good back, he can't hold Dyer's jockstrap yet.     I do think with another 10-15 pounds he could be a dang good back though.

Agreed. smiley.jpg

While, I think Mason is a good back, he can't hold Dyer's jockstrap yet.     I do think with another 10-15 pounds he could be a dang good back though.

Agreed. smiley.jpg

Mason is still a youngster... if he does indeed end up playing for Auburn... they will get him on a good eating plan.

He's now 193 on Rivals 250.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/Auburn/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2602

Really hope he commits. He had 304 rushing yards and 4 tds on Fri, Oct. 30. Unfortunately, Park Vista lost to Boca Raton last Friday. He had 143 yards rushing and 3 tds. Looks like he might have 1,443 rushing yards and 22 tds this season.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2010-11-01/sports/fl-pb-dorsey-column-1102-20101101_1_mike-matulis-seminole-ridge-cody-preble

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2010-11-06/sports/fl-pb-foot-vista-1106-20101105_1_tre-mason-park-vista-keith-byars-ii

Archived