Pat Dye - Coaching Legends Poll

lionheartkc

Has anyone else seen that Pat Dye has us ranked BELOW Alabama in the Coaching Legends Poll at #6?  All other Coaches have us ranked higher, including 2 at #1, and our average ranking is #2.  He answered a question about it in his latest column, but really he just talked around the subject and didn't say why he's giving Alabama all the love...

Seriously, Coach... WTH???  Maybe he's mad that Cam is proving that "Defense wins championships" isn't necessarily true anymore.

I think coach Dye has earned the right to have his own opinions even if they aren't what we want to hear.  Lets just concentrate on proving to him why he's wrong.

He said the other day on the Finebaum show that AU had not beaten LSU or Bammer in a few years and until they beat them he will not rank them ahead of them... We beat LSU, but until we beat Bammer he is not going to rank us ahead of them.. his words not mine.

Coach Dye said "AU isn't man enough to beat Bama."  Then he printed it out and taped it to Nick Fairley's locker.  He knows what he is doing.   :bow: :bow:

Coach Dye said "AU isn't man enough to beat Bama."  Then he printed it out and taped it to Nick Fairley's locker.  He knows what he is doing.   :bow: :bow:

If thats for real, thats AUsome.

Coach Dye,

Could you please explain why you continue to vote Alabama ahead of Auburn on your ballot? I have heard it is because Alabama beat them the last time they played. That’s fine, but you’re not using the same logic for other teams. What about Oregon over Boise? Alabama over Utah? If it’s just a ploy to keep Auburn motivated so be it, but be man enough to admit it.

Best Wishes and War Eagle,

Andy Murphree

Andy, that is a good question and you might have a good point about my voting in the Legends Coaches Poll. A lot of the teams that were ranked high early in the season have fallen by the wayside. Auburn has continued to win and Alabama has continued to win, too, although Alabama has the defeat against South Carolina. Alabama was the consensus No.1 team to start the season, but has certainly dropped in the polls and in the opinion of everybody out there since the start of the season. There is no way I can deny that I am an Auburn man and an Auburn fan I am not going to do anything to motivate the opposition with my voting in the Legends Poll. The bottom

Yup pretty much said he's doing it to motivate our team and to not give the other team any extra motivations. Dye is an Auburn man and anything he does you can gaurantee he has AU's best interets in mind.

Coach Dye is Auburn to the core. He knows how to motivate. I like that he is doing everything he can to keep this team humble and focused. Hopefully, he will be able to rank us much much higher in the "weekly poll" that matters the most.

He makes mistakes in his old age, in this case a massive one  :rolleyes:

It's no mistake.  He is still sly as a fox!!  WAR EAGLE, COACH!!!

Yup pretty much said he's doing it to motivate our team and to not give the other team any extra motivations. Dye is an Auburn man and anything he does you can gaurantee he has AU's best interets in mind.

That comment is questionable, historically speaking of course. :-[

He makes mistakes in his old age, in this case a massive one  :rolleyes:

It's no mistake.  He is still sly as a fox!!  WAR EAGLE, COACH!!!

So you agree that Alabama should be ranked ahead of us?

Archived