PUNKED!! This is great from WarBlogle!!

AEAugirl

Auburn fans punk Harvey Updyke.  WOW!  This was great!!!!!  Bravo to those AU fans!!!

http://www.warblogle.com/2012/03/06/football/harvey-updyke-pranked-admits-to-poisoning-trees/

*And feel free to move if needed to more appropriate board.  This is AU football related, so I posted it here.  Plus it is made of so much WIN it needs maximum exposure!  :wareagle:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, a taped confession.  This guy is an idiot that will almost certainly spend the rest of his days in the slammer.  How is his lawyer going to even attempt to argue this?

Wow, a taped confession.  This guy is an idiot that will almost certainly spend the rest of his days in the slammer.  How is his lawyer going to even attempt to argue this?

I doubt the court would allow something like this.  :dunno:

I doubt the court would allow something like this.  :dunno:

You're probably right.  I'm definitely not a lawyer, but I if I were, I would try and get this submitted for use in the case.  These are clearly not actions taken by someone who is remorseful about what they have done.  At the very least, I would think the prosecution would pursue that angle in trying to convict Updyke.  This little recording here certainly shows that he is not sorry nor does he care.

Even if this is not admissible in court, it needs all of the publicity it can get!!! You can remove things from the courtroom, but not from people's minds.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Hey, here's a thought. . . .

How 'bout we just appreciate the prank and not analyze it.  :banghead:

Yeah, let's not focus on what the moron said..??

Even if this is not admissible in court, it needs all of the publicity it can get!!! You can remove things from the courtroom, but not from people's minds.

bingo !

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Yeah, let's not focus on what the moron said..??

I choose to focus on the fact that some smart AU fan got him to drive to NO thinking he was getting a ticket into the NC game rather than what the moron said.

Sounds like a job the NYT needs to jump on. :laugh:

dont know if real or not. the audio sounds real but the grammer and spelling was too good for such an idiot.

When I first started watching this, I almost felt kinda sorry for the guy. He almost made me believe he truly was sorry. Then I heard the "War Dead Treegle" part. Now... :zapbama:

dont know if real or not. the audio sounds real but the grammer and spelling was too good for such an idiot.

again, not sure if ALL of this is real either. however, the phone calls do sound accurate. especially the annoying way the phrase "rdt" rolls out of his pathetic mouth. hard to imitate that level of annoyance. everyone else convinced on this??

Sounds real to me.

What puzzles me is how in the world he ever passed all the exams and tests required to be a Texas state trooper because he is obviously an idiot.

It sounds real but there's no way the court will allow this to be used

Why exactly wouldn't it be?  It isn't like the cops did this, it was just another citizen. 

I am not a lawyer, but I do know that the law in AL used to be that it was legal and admissable in court as long as one person knew it was being recorded. It could have been changed though, my knowledge on the subject is 15+ years old.

I am not a lawyer, but I do know that the law in AL used to be that it was legal and admissable in court as long as one person knew it was being recorded. It could have been changed though, my knowledge on the subject is 15+ years old.

No lawyer just a writer, but most state and federal law allows for conversations in person to have a "one consent" type deal, only one of the persons in the conversation is required to know the conversation is being recorded. A phone call is considered a "tap" if only one knows and is otherwise illegal if not by court order. Again, not a lawyer, out on a limb.

Vr,

IB

I assume the FB posts would admissable? I didn't go back so not sure how much incriminating evidence there is on the chat, but who knows.

I assume the FB posts would admissable? I didn't go back so not sure how much incriminating evidence there is on the chat, but who knows.

I would assume they would, again out on a flimsy legal limb, but it wouldn't seem like a stretch. The most difficult piece would be to prove the account user at time of messaging was Updyke. Now the recording of the voice-mail that says "War Dead Treagle" could be used as showing of non-remorse for his "supposed" actions. He knew his voice was being recorded, leaving the message hands ownership to the receiver.

Vr,

IB

Archived