Ole Miss RB Enrique Davis arrested

bootskii

Former Auburn commit and now senior Ole Miss RB Enrique Davis has been arrested on Spring break today in Panama City. Was arrested for peeing on a car and then hitting a police officer while trying to get away. I think this is Enrique 2nd run in with the law. Geez this guy never really panned out at Ole Miss did he?

http://www.wjhg.com/sports/headlines/Enrique_Davis_Arrested__142388085.html

This is a cautionary tale about recruiting (for me at least).  When ED decided to go to Ole Miss I was sick about it.  I thought Auburn really missed out on a player and it would hurt.  Turns out ED can not carry Ben Tate's, or Dyer's jock.  And with the talent and depth of this years running backs ED would not see the field. 

This is a cautionary tale about recruiting (for me at least).  When ED decided to go to Ole Miss I was sick about it.  I thought Auburn really missed out on a player and it would hurt.   Turns out ED can not carry Ben Tate's, or Dyer's jock.  And with the talent and depth of this years running backs ED would not see the field. 

Maybe more a cautionary tale of why you don't go to ole miss if you have an auburn offer on the table.

Never understood why anyone would want to go to Ole Miss with offers from other winning SEC programs. But looks af if we skipped a problem child that would have got the boot from the team for troubles off of it anyway. But you never know, If he came to Auburn maybe things would have been different. A lot of times it isn't the program, but who you hang with while at the program. some kids just fold to peer pressure.

It's unfortunate for him as pissing in public is a misdemeanor. but hitting a cop and evading him is going to get him some serious jail time.

these kids need to show some restraint. Not just at Ole Miss or at UGA but everywhere. It's not just at a few schools. It's every school. Some of these kids didn't have diciplin growing up, and it shows once they are in college. The ones that really understand what they have changes them rather quickly, Others never get it until it's too late for them.

Hope this kid pulls his head out soon and gets his life straightened out. Maybe this will help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a cautionary tale about recruiting (for me at least).  When ED decided to go to Ole Miss I was sick about it.  I thought Auburn really missed out on a player and it would hurt.   Turns out ED can not carry Ben Tate's, or Dyer's jock.  And with the talent and depth of this years running backs ED would not see the field. 

Think we all thought that ED was going to be another big time RB from Running Back U. Can never tell about these players. Talent yes, but sometimes the brain does not match the bod.

Think we all thought that ED was going to be another big time RB from Running Back U. Can never tell about these players. Talent yes, but sometimes the brain does not match the bod.

I recall that ED ditched us and signed with Ole Miss because we were going with Franklin and his spread offense, which he did not feel comfortable with.

I recall that ED ditched us and signed with Ole Miss because we were going with Franklin and his spread offense, which he did not feel comfortable with.

I believe his mother called Houston Nutt and told him that he would playing for Ole Miss....or am I thinking of someone else?

I believe his mother called Houston Nutt and told him that he would playing for Ole Miss....or am I thinking of someone else?

Are you thinking of the kid who intended to sign with Texas A&M, but his mom forged his signature on the LOI for Ole Miss and faxed it to them on signing day?

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/02/recruits-mom-forges-sons-signature-on-ole-miss-loi/

Sorry to HiJack the thread but wasnt there a LB commit (AU) that was in his same class that didnt qualify or went JUCO then ended up at OM?

Trahan qualified, played a year at AU (and was pretty good), then failed out, went to JUCO, then signed with Ole Miss. 

Never understood why anyone would want to go to Ole Miss with offers from other winning SEC programs. But looks af if we skipped a problem child that would have got the boot from the team for troubles off of it anyway. But you never know, If he came to Auburn maybe things would have been different. A lot of times it isn't the program, but who you hang with while at the program. some kids just fold to peer pressure.

It's unfortunate for him as pissing in public is a misdemeanor. but hitting a cop and evading him is going to get him some serious jail time.

these kids need to show some restraint. Not just at Ole Miss or at UGA but everywhere. It's not just at a few schools. It's every school. Some of these kids didn't have diciplin growing up, and it shows once they are in college. The ones that really understand what they have changes them rather quickly, Others never get it until it's too late for them.

Hope this kid pulls his head out soon and gets his life straightened out. Maybe this will help.

We've had oiur far share of troubled kids in our program - glad the ED bullet was dodged.  Lord help us, we don't need any more bad apples around the Plains.

We've had oiur far share of troubled kids in our program - glad the ED bullet was dodged.  Lord help us, we don't need any more bad apples around the Plains.

They do make medication for that nowadays.  ;D

Archived