Dee Ford- Medical Redshirt granted!

AubFanCT

Saw this posted on another site and didnt see it metioned here at all. He was granted a medical redshirt for last season. This is great news as Dee was coming on strong last year before he was injured. This means that he will have 2 more years of eligibility left which is great news.

:we:

Outstanding!! Thanks for the update...do you have a link for those less inclined to believe?

Outstanding!! Thanks for the update...do you have a link for those less inclined to believe?

I have sources on the inside i cant reveal  ;)

Seriously, it was noted within an article on AuburnUndercover.com. Look at the article that featurea a picture of Dee. Although its a subscription only article, if you read the comments below, you will see that Phillip Marshall in his article mentioned the Medical RS waiver approval based on the posted article comments.

I have sources on the inside i cant reveal  ;)

Seriously, it was noted within an article on AuburnUndercover.com. Look at the article that featurea a picture of Dee. Although its a subscription only article, if you read the comments below, you will see that Phillip Marshall in his article mentioned the Medical RS waiver approval based on the posted article comments.

I cosign this post.

If he comes back 100% I think he'll see SIGNIFICANT playing time. His explosion off the ball is second to none. I've also heard that he's a great guy off the field, which makes me root for him even more. I look forward to watching Dee play for another 2 years.

WOW that is great news! So him and Lemoniere get to push each other and battle it out

over the next two years...unless one of them have a record breaking monster year and leaves

early for the CHING!!CHING!! :yay:

i wasnt expecting this but its great. how many games did he play in last year?

I saw three in a thread earlier, but I don't know if that's true or not.

Wow so he, Nosa, Sanders, and Lemonier will all be seniors at the same time

Kinda reminds me of the 2010 D-line!  WDE!

If he comes back 100% I think he'll see SIGNIFICANT playing time. His explosion off the ball is second to none. I've also heard that he's a great guy off the field, which makes me root for him even more. I look forward to watching Dee play for another 2 years.

Just sayin'

DwightFreeney1a.jpg

Just sayin'

DwightFreeney1a.jpg

Haha yeah I meant on our team. That Freeny guy ain't too shabby...

Saw this posted on another site and didnt see it metioned here at all. He was granted a medical redshirt for last season. This is great news as Dee was coming on strong last year before he was injured. This means that he will have 2 more years of eligibility left which is great news.

:we:

Ugh, Dee would have 2 years of eligibility remaining anyway. He was only going to be a junior this upcoming season, not a senior. Does this mean he'll have 3 years eligibility remaining however?

Dee would be a senior this upcoming senior (he signed in the same class with Lutz and EB).  With last year being a redshirt year, he will be a redshirt junior this upcoming season and have 2 years remaining (same as Nosa).....FWIW

Dee is one of my favorite players and he is a great guy.  I hope he is 100% this season...

WDE 

Dee would be a senior this upcoming senior (he signed in the same class with Lutz and EB).  With last year being a redshirt year, he will be a redshirt junior this upcoming season and have 2 years remaining (same as Nosa).....FWIW

^^^This is correct.

^^^This is correct.

Talk about someone's eligibility flying by. Geez.

Btw, I was under the impression that Dee redshirted the 2009 season because he was so vastly underweight for his position, but I guess he played on special teams?

Btw, I was under the impression that Dee redshirted the 2009 season because he was so vastly underweight for his position, but I guess he played on special teams?

If I'm not mistaken he did play some special teams, but I do recall him getting snaps at DE also because our defensive depth was HORRIBLE that year

Archived