"Spring Preview: Running Backs", Rivals.com FREE READ

Elephant Tipper

This article has me super-pumped to see our boys in action next year!!!  I foresee an offensive explosion similar to what we saw in 2011, only from a more traditional formation.

Another thing I noticed, and I know it has been said on here many other times, but it appears there was some dissension in the ranks in regards to the HUNH offense that Gus wanted to run.  Luper states that he is glad to see us get the QB back under center more, and we all know Coach Chizik preferred a slower pace.  I was very sad to see Gus leave, but it looks like it might truly be for the betterment of the team as a whole.

War Eagle!!!  Can't wait to see Omac, Mason, Blakely and Grant tearing up the stat sheets, while Prosch and Big Nasty and laying people out in front of them!!

So I take it Prosch got the nod from the NCAA!

Helping lead the more traditional downhill rushing attack will be fullbacks Jay Prosch and Ladarius Phillips. Prosch, an All-American fullback at Illinois, transferred to Auburn for the spring semester and will be eligible to play immediately because of a family illness.

So I take it Prosch got the nod from the NCAA!

Helping lead the more traditional downhill rushing attack will be fullbacks Jay Prosch and Ladarius Phillips. Prosch, an All-American fullback at Illinois, transferred to Auburn for the spring semester and will be eligible to play immediately because of a family illness.

Came here to ask the same thing, it looks that way from that quote but I'd like to see more confirmation. 

I am bothered that there was mention of  Corey Grant.......

He's Luper's "secret weapon".  Shhh...don't tell anyone.  :thumbsup:

He's Luper's "secret weapon".  Shhh...don't tell anyone.   :thumbsup:

I thought Sammie Coates was the secret weapon???? good to know we have several weapons to choose from.  :thumbsup:

You know, we have such a stable of running backs now. Leading the way, as always, is OMac, the senior who played a crucial role during the national championship season. Tre Mason showed flashes of brilliance as a true freshman last year, and all we've heard is great things about Corey Grant and the job he did on the scout team last year.

But I think Mike Blakely might be the best of them all. I would not be the least bit surprised if he steps in and takes Michael Dyer's place as the workhorse back...but time will tell.

"Auburn will have three scholarship running backs and two scholarship fullbacks in the spring. The Tigers will also have a walk-on, and not just any walk-on. Corey Grant, a former Rivals250 prospect, will begin his eligibility at Auburn this season after transferring from Alabama last year.  "We got a bonus," said Luper. "We will have three scholarship running backs this spring and a bonus in Corey. This spring will be important for him also and we think he can be a contributor soon."

How come Corey Grant isn't on scholarship?

He had to cover his own cost for a year to be able to transfer within the sec and only lose 1 year of eligibility.

Can't wait to see the old school I formation and a little smash mouth football. If I were a LB I would be shaking in my shoulder pads to see a 250 lb Jay Prosch coming at me with a head full of steam.

How come Corey Grant isn't on scholarship?

He had to cover his own cost for a year to be able to transfer within the sec and only lose 1 year of eligibility.

Ok thanks  :we:

"Auburn will have three scholarship running backs and two scholarship fullbacks in the spring. The Tigers will also have a walk-on, and not just any walk-on. Corey Grant, a former Rivals250 prospect, will begin his eligibility at Auburn this season after transferring from Alabama last year.  "We got a bonus," said Luper. "We will have three scholarship running backs this spring and a bonus in Corey. This spring will be important for him also and we think he can be a contributor soon."

Thanks for pointing that out, but I'm pretty sure both of us read that in the article.  Just having some fun, bud.

When I see that RB/ FB depth chart I hear the sound that is played when the glove breaks through in the opening of PunchOut! for NES. Boom Boom BaBaBoom!!!

. It did appear something  could be up with Malzan leaving with the spread offense.

Archived