"Spring Preview: Special Teams" Rivals, FREE READ

Elephant Tipper

That new rule bringing touchbacks out to the 25 is absolutely ludicrous. Im not even going to get into the many reasons why. I don't know what those idiots were smoking when they voted on this.

Having AUsome special teams is almost negated. What is the use of recruiting a kid who can kick into the back of the end zone? With it coming out to the 25 you are better off dropping it inside the 5 and letting your cover team do the work with the kickoff being moved up 5 yrds. Its almost a penalty just having a kicker with a booming leg. Can you tell this new rule has me ticked?!

As I said in the previous thread about the new rule, I think this rule is going to create more sky kicks and better coverage teams (AU) will try to try pin teams inside the 25.  We have a kicker with a strong leg, so Cody just has to work on kicking the ball higher and then our coverage team will have to do what they do best and cover.  Since all teams will play by the same rules, I still think this will be a strength for Auburn.  While I'm not fond of the rule change, I don't see it as something necessarily bad for AU.

Archived