My (Ian Berg) way too early schedule projections for 2012...

Ian Berg

Well ladies and gents I have stepped out on a huge limb and have decided to bring the power of voice to the gamut of material that is being produced by the Shug Jordan Parkway. This is the first episode, so there was a bit of a ramble at the end and lack of structure, but hey I will get better in time.

Plus, I love to talk, what better way to fill air time than with Auburn Tigers updates and predictions! I hope that this can take off and provide a fun, caller driven Auburn show in the future. I will discuss all things Auburn, much like the Parkway, and expand into some pro sports on occasion depending on guest appearances.

So here is the first episode, my predictions for the season that are way too early. Let me know your thoughts and if this may be worth the time put forth. After all, All of this is for folks like yourself, the Auburn family.

Vr,

IB

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/auburn-tigers-daily/2012/03/21/auburn-tigers-football-predicting-the-tigers-2012-season

:wareagle:

I enjoyed the show. What about on Thursday nights a baseball weekend preview since we are now in SEC play. I think that would be pretty cool.

Thanks for taking a listen. That idea I like a ton. I will schedule a show for tomorrow to do just that, likely encompassing all of the weekend sports. Thanks for the idea. I was wondering if anyone would put some thoughts down. I will come back and post a time for tomorrow's show in this thread. Likely the 5 p.m. CT slot again. Thanks again.

Vr,

IB

***Now on the books for tomorrow at 5 p.m. CT***

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/auburn-tigers-daily/2012/03/22/auburn-tigers-athletics-weekend-preview

Very nice, Ian.  I enjoyed listening and feel the same about the schedule.

Thanks Bigbird. Glad you took a listen. I hate to admit losses obviously, but Auburn looks to be about a year away in my opinion. I think they will have a wow factor that is unexpected this season, starting in Atlanta.

Vr,

IB

I enjoyed and agree with the analysis, at least for the most part. I absolutely agree that we're a year away from being as good as we can be, but the way this schedule sets up in our favor...I don't know that we won't have a shot at it all. I think we lose either LSU or Arkansas, and I agree that we roll from there to UGA undefeated (at least, as things are projected). However, I just get the feeling that at some point during that stretch, things are going to really click together, and with the amount of players who have that national championship experience, when we get to the point that those guys can see it coming, I think the hunger to get back there could well carry us.

I've been feeling 10-2 for a while now, but the optimist in me can't help but feel like there might be some magic left in Chizik's bag of tricks to get us over the hump this year, taking us to 11-1 and potentially an SEC Championship Game/BCS National Championship Game invitation.

Of course, that having been said, winning it all this year would probably be detrimental to our chances in 2013, because there are a great number of talented players who could potentially go pro early, and if they've won two out of three national championships, why not? Thinking along those lines, I almost like the idea of going 10-2 and getting an at large BCS bid, leading to every player who has the potential to leave early deciding to come back for one more run at a championship. And with the kind of team that we have lined up for 2013, it might not matter that the away schedule is going to be EXCEEDINGLY brutal. How sweet would it be to go undefeated through the minefield that is sure to be our 2013 schedule, dominating so thoroughly that the team is mentioned among the greatest of all time...

Okay, yeah, I need some gravity boots. Gotta get through Spring Training 2012 first. :laugh:

I enjoyed and agree with the analysis, at least for the most part. I absolutely agree that we're a year away from being as good as we can be, but the way this schedule sets up in our favor...I don't know that we won't have a shot at it all. I think we lose either LSU or Arkansas, and I agree that we roll from there to UGA undefeated (at least, as things are projected). However, I just get the feeling that at some point during that stretch, things are going to really click together, and with the amount of players who have that national championship experience, when we get to the point that those guys can see it coming, I think the hunger to get back there could well carry us.

I've been feeling 10-2 for a while now, but the optimist in me can't help but feel like there might be some magic left in Chizik's bag of tricks to get us over the hump this year, taking us to 11-1 and potentially an SEC Championship Game/BCS National Championship Game invitation.

Of course, that having been said, winning it all this year would probably be detrimental to our chances in 2013, because there are a great number of talented players who could potentially go pro early, and if they've won two out of three national championships, why not? Thinking along those lines, I almost like the idea of going 10-2 and getting an at large BCS bid, leading to every player who has the potential to leave early deciding to come back for one more run at a championship. And with the kind of team that we have lined up for 2013, it might not matter that the away schedule is going to be EXCEEDINGLY brutal. How sweet would it be to go undefeated through the minefield that is sure to be our 2013 schedule, dominating so thoroughly that the team is mentioned among the greatest of all time...

Okay, yeah, I need some gravity boots. Gotta get through Spring Training 2012 first. :laugh:

Pretty spot on here rednilla. Auburn has the schedule this season, but I see a stumbling block or two based on continued growth, offensive line especially. I am with you in thinking that Auburn has a great shot at making it to a BCS game this year. If they do make it and compete well, they will likely enter the 2013 season as a top 5-10 team. If Auburn develops like they should, the schedule in 2013 will not be a huge issue as you pointed out. Good times are surely on their way, I think anyway.

Who do you think could come out as a Junior?

With a good year, I could see Lemonier, Whitaker, and/or Eguae leaving early. Hmmm...wow, now that I think about it, I'm not sure that there is another player who could come out early. There are a few who have the talent to do so, IMO (Jake Holland, Ryan White, Rah Rah White), but not the hype coming into the season to really make the jump even with a breakout year. I guess the losses of Goodwin and Richardson plus the injuries to Trovon have changed the complexion of that class a little; I was just thinking that since 2010 was our first great recruiting year under Chizik and we'd played so many true freshmen that year that there would be a larger group of juniors with early jump potential.

Another good show.

Thanks a ton touchdownAU. I have a show scheduled for next Thursday that will be at the same time. 5 pm. CT. Still in the infant stages, but I love where I think it is headed. Please continue to follow, and feel free to join the discussion! (347)539-5996.

Had a little bit of sound feedback toward the end of the session, I will ensure that is the last time it happens. Growing pains obviously. Thanks again.

Vr,

IB

Archived