Frazier mentioned on Heisman Pundit.com

Ed_

Mentioned as one of 12  players whose numbers could explode in 2012

http://heismanpundit.com/2012/03/26/twelve-players-whose-numbers-could-explode-in-2012/

Kiehl Frazier, Auburn – I suppose it’s possible that Clint Mosely and not the far-more-talented Frazier could win the starting job for the Tigers this year, as the disruption of losing offensive guru Gus Malzahn may result in a more conservative disposition down on the Plains.  But one can’t account for the stubbornness or stupidity of coaches when making these types of projections. If, indeed, Frazier is handed the keys to the Auburn offense–and is used correctly–he’ll develop into one of the best quarterbacks in the SEC by the end of the year. For a guy who threw for just 34 yards and rushed for 327 last year, this may seem like a stretch. But he’s got the talent to do it. I expect a dominant year from Frazier and he’ll likely produce a 2,000/1,000 type of season.

I hate he felt it necessary to take a swipe at Mosely with the write up on Frazier but still a heck of an endorsement for Kiehl from a Heisman voter.

It will be interesting to see.  I definitely think Kiehl is capable of a 2,000/1,000 season, but I wonder how much Loeffler's offense will involve the QB running the ball.  It would seem that if were were going to a more "pro-style" offense that the QB would run less.  Obviously, I have no idea what the offense will really look like, but I expect less designed QB runs.  I'm going to say more like a 2,500/500 season.  Again, no insider info, I would just expect an offense that has been semi labeled as "pro-style" to feature less QB carries.

It will be interesting to see.  I definitely think Kiehl is capable of a 2,000/1,000 season, but I wonder how much Loeffler's offense will involve the QB running the ball.  It would seem that if were were going to a more "pro-style" offense that the QB would run less.  Obviously, I have no idea what the offense will really look like, but I expect less designed QB runs.  I'm going to say more like a 2,500/500 season.  Again, no insider info, I would just expect an offense that has been semi labeled as "pro-style" to feature less QB carries.

Our line though more talented will still be green behind the ears....so if the line collapses a lot he could very well have a 1000 yard year running (as long as he managed to escape the defense lol)

I think if you have a dual threat quarterback it would be insane not to run him enough to where the defense pretty much has to spy him....opens things up elsewhere on the field.

I think that Lefty probably recognizes that when you have a weapon like KF you use it. Maybe I'm alone here, but I think that some of the read option, jet sweep types of plays may still have a place in this offense. Having a QB that is a threat to run is just a great weapon, regardless of the offense IMO.

I think that Lefty probably recognizes that when you have a weapon like KF you use it. Maybe I'm alone here, but I think that some of the read option, jet sweep types of plays may still have a place in this offense. Having a QB that is a threat to run is just a great weapon, regardless of the offense IMO.

I agree.  It doesn't sound like CSL is going to run any 'type' of offense, except for the 'get as many yards as possible' offense.  If KF can pick up 8 yards on the ground, why not?

:we:

Frazier is gonna snap this year! From the sounds of it the new OC is making the QBs throw ALOT of balls in practice. Frazier already has the running down, just along as he gets the passing down then he very well could be in the heisman talk. I can't wait to see our offense. Our line is gonna be dominant, Frazier is a beast, our depth at running back and reciever is insane. Our offense is gonna be sick

AL.com just did an article on the Heisman Pundit post.  The comments of the mullets are hilarious. 

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/03/heisman_expert_lists_eddie_lac/3510/comments-3.html

I'll have to take your word on it. I just read the articles on al.com and refuse to scroll down to the comment section. I'm young and don't have blood pressure problems...I want to keep it that way.  ;)

AL.com just did an article on the Heisman Pundit post.  The comments of the mullets are hilarious. 

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/03/heisman_expert_lists_eddie_lac/3510/comments-3.html

I'll have to take your word on it. I just read the articles on al.com and refuse to scroll down to the comment section. I'm young and don't have blood pressure problems...I want to keep it that way.  ;)

That is smart....the stupidity that gumps post in the comments makes me wonder if they have 2 brain cells between them and their parents...

That is smart....the stupidity that gumps post in the comments makes me wonder if they have 2 brain cells between them and their parents...

Kind of hard to have 2 brain cells when there are only "shadowws" between the ears.

Frazier is gonna snap this year! From the sounds of it the new OC is making the QBs throw ALOT of balls in practice. Frazier already has the running down, just along as he gets the passing down then he very well could be in the heisman talk. I can't wait to see our offense. Our line is gonna be dominant, Frazier is a beast, our depth at running back and reciever is insane. Our offense is gonna be sick

Doubt we'll see Frazier's name in the Heisman talk this year. Next year could be a possibility, though.

Doubt we'll see Frazier's name in the Heisman talk this year. Next year could be a possibility, though.

Agreed.

Kind of hard to have 2 brain cells when there are only "shadowws" between the ears.

:laugh:

I see what you did there.

Archived