Lord thank you for making me an Auburn fan

AdrenalineRusch

over on a thUGA board, they are calling for the head of the person who administrated the urinalysis after spring break, saying that was the worst time to do it.  They try and justify that all kids in college smoke weed or do other drugs and its acceptable, and they should only test them when the kids will pass. 

Thank you Jesus for making me an Auburn fan.

I know kids in college are doing it, but UGA does seem to have more than their fair share get caught.  I have seen Dawg fans on a few UGA blogs try to spin this several different ways in their favor:

1.  Mark Richt is a strict disicplinarian and they are greatful for him being their coach and kicking the riff-raff off the team.

2.  UGA's drug testing is a lot more stringent than other SEC schools and therefore more players get caught.

3.  All other SEC schools are corrupt and sweep their players failed drug tests under the rug.

4.  "Everybody's doing it."

5.  Mark Richt can't be expected to watch all of his players all of the time.

6.  UGA beat writers are out to get UGA and report these offenses way more than the beat writers of other SEC schools.

Please feel free to add to the list if you witness any UGA fans coming up with additional excuses.

The point of this to me is that as a college athlete you know that you are subject to random drug tests. You are an idiot if you do drugs when you KNOW that you are definitely going to get tested. Honestly I don't care about people doing drugs as long as they don't hurt others, but in the situation that athletes are in they just have to be smarter. I don't smoke pot because I don't want to get fired, it's the same thing for these guys, and sometimes people are just dumb.

over on a thUGA board, they are calling for the head of the person who administrated the urinalysis after spring break, saying that was the worst time to do it.  They try and justify that all kids in college smoke weed or do other drugs and its acceptable, and they should only test them when the kids will pass. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhvnY6Sjp_jFhGDXYMiTurJdoFeRX_vSzjBgwqNEd2XQiz2vpTNo Problem Homey...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhvnY6Sjp_jFhGDXYMiTurJdoFeRX_vSzjBgwqNEd2XQiz2vpTNo Problem Homey...

^^^^^^^^Awesome^^^^^^^^

The point of this to me is that as a college athlete you know that you are subject to random drug tests. You are an idiot if you do drugs when you KNOW that you are definitely going to get tested. Honestly I don't care about people doing drugs as long as they don't hurt others, but in the situation that athletes are in they just have to be smarter. I don't smoke pot because I don't want to get fired, it's the same thing for these guys, and sometimes people are just dumb.

This is one of the best posts I've seen in a long time. I don't really care what people do as long as it doesn't negatively affect others. I don't care what religion you choose, what sexuality you are, or whether you choose to drink or do drugs. As long as it doesn't negatively affect others, have at it. Lord knows I've smoked more than my share of weed in my days, but I don't anymore because of my job. It never hurt anyone and I don't see any good reason why it should be outlawed. Having said that, these athletes have to be just plain STUPID to smoke while on scholarship. They're given a simple set of rules to follow and in exchange they're given a GREAT education, housing, food,etc, etc... They're selfish and stupid if they can't do those simple things that are asked of them.

I know kids in college are doing it, but UGA does seem to have more than their fair share get caught.  I have seen Dawg fans on a few UGA blogs try to spin this several different ways in their favor:

1.  Mark Richt is a strict disicplinarian and they are greatful for him being their coach and kicking the riff-raff off the team.

2.  UGA's drug testing is a lot more stringent than other SEC schools and therefore more players get caught.

3.  All other SEC schools are corrupt and sweep their players failed drug tests under the rug.

4.  "Everybody's doing it."

5.  Mark Richt can't be expected to watch all of his players all of the time.

6.  UGA beat writers are out to get UGA and report these offenses way more than the beat writers of other SEC schools.

Please feel free to add to the list if you witness any UGA fans coming up with additional excuses.

Yea I've read all these excuses. The first one makes me laugh out loud a little. I notice they keep posting this article on espn over, and over , and over again. http://mrsec.com/2010/12/sec-drug-policies-arent-created-equal/

They think the reason they have so many players get in trouble is because they have a stricter policy, yet fail to realize that the players know the policy yet choose to do whatever anyway.

It's all about choices or should I say educated choices.  These players are in college to learn,  not just academics or their sport but about life. At UGA athletes are fully aware of the testing program and the pattern of testing  They seem to have a kid or two caught after every break from school. The athletes should be able to see that pattern.  UGA  chose the testing program, the student athletes chose to use whatever. Now both get to live with the results.

I don' t smoke pot because I was blessed with a beautiful mind.

God gave it to me for a birthday present and I've loved it ever since, just try not to wear it out or show it off too ofter.

The kids know it is a rule, but I wish they would stop testing for it.  Get more serious about deadly drugs and that includes human growth and steroids. 

We are not recruiting choir boys, we are recruiting football players.  I think the tough policies at Auburn and UGA give other schools an advantage.

Will not take this time to preach....but in my humble opinion, an Auburn Man is expected to follow the law.  If you don't like the law then go about the process to change it.  An Auburn Man respects authority and yes he must use common sense along with this; but as a Father that has sons and daughters most likely in the age category of many of you....it is a little disturbing to hear a few of your comments.

I love your passion about Auburn, but to me the integrity of our graduates is the most important measuring stick.  I am a graduate and have made many mistakes in my life, but I want our players held accountable to a higher standard than the regular student population.  If the truth be told.........when these young men have graduated they will take pride in that very fact!  Sorry for the brief sermon... War Eagle!

Will not take this time to preach....but in my humble opinion, an Auburn Man is expected to follow the law.  If you don't like the law then go about the process to change it.  An Auburn Man respects authority and yes he must use common sense along with this; but as a Father that has sons and daughters most likely in the age category of many of you....it is a little disturbing to hear a few of your comments.

I love your passion about Auburn, but to me the integrity of our graduates is the most important measuring stick.  I am a graduate and have made many mistakes in my life, but I want our players held accountable to a higher standard than the regular student population.  If the truth be told.........when these young men have graduated they will take pride in that very fact!   Sorry for the brief sermon... War Eagle!

Very well put, and I feel the same way. 

I agree. If you are in a situation where you know that there are rules and you just break them anyway, you are just plain stupid. Especially when you have been blessed with such an extraordinary gift such as the ability to play a game on such a high level.

Archived