10 Ways you know you are an Auburn Fan...IB

Ian Berg

I'm back. I know, shameless self promotion, but it's a good read I assure you.

Pretty proud of this one ladies and gents. A few small shots at the cross-staters but nothing too bad. Enjoy. I'd like to know your thoughts.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1125320-auburn-football-10-ways-you-know-youre-a-tigers-fan

IB

:wareagle:

Great job man! :thumbsup:

I do feel I should point out that both teams ahead of Auburn in 04 won their conference. Both USC and Oklahoma were undefeated as well going into the bowl games. It was 03 when Oklahoma lost the Big 12 Championship Game and still played LSU for the national championship, leaving USC on the outside looking in.

Great job man! :thumbsup:

Thanks rednilla. Auburn is something that most will never understand. I like it that way. It's a feeling, not just football or baseball or even an education. It is a people and spirit that is unmatched. Thanks for taking a look.

:believe:

I do feel I should point out that both teams ahead of Auburn in 04 won their conference. Both USC and Oklahoma were undefeated as well going into the bowl games. It was 03 when Oklahoma lost the Big 12 Championship Game and still played LSU for the national championship, leaving USC on the outside looking in.

Great catch. Fixed.

Those years are hazy...story for another time.

Oh yeah, and the new Niffer's isn't "in Lake Martin". If it were, then we'd need SCUBA gear to order food. :tease:

It's actually in Dadeville, which is on Lake Martin, but considering that there are a great number of people who know Dadeville more as the place that Updyke is from than as a spot on the lake thirty miles from Auburn, it's probably better to say Lake Martin anyway. I just thought it sounded kinda funny since there isn't actually a town called Lake Martin. :P

Oh yeah, and the new Niffer's isn't "in Lake Martin". If it were, then we'd need SCUBA gear to order food. :tease:

It's actually in Dadeville, which is on Lake Martin, but considering that there are a great number of people who know Dadeville more as the place that Updyke is from than as a spot on the lake thirty miles from Auburn, it's probably better to say Lake Martin anyway. I just thought it sounded kinda funny since there isn't actually a town called Lake Martin. :P

I was about to respond with the same. "on Lake Martin" or "around Lake Martin" or "the Lake Martin area" would be the preferred description -- or the actual town name of Dadeville

I was born and raised in Alex City, so "Lake Martin, Al" looked way too weird to me  :)

But the A.P. gave them the nod in the end. In essence splitting the title. This is what should have happened in 04.

But the A.P. gave them the nod in the end. In essence splitting the title. This is what should have happened in 04.

Not saying anything about that, I was just pointing out that we weren't kept out of the championship game by a team that didn't win its conference.

I was about to respond with the same. "on Lake Martin" or "around Lake Martin" or "the Lake Martin area" would be the preferred description -- or the actual town name of Dadeville

I was born and raised in Alex City, so "Lake Martin, Al" looked way too weird to me  :)

Yeah, my parents have had a cabin in Kowaliga since I was like 5, so I've spent a fair amount of my life around Martin, and you're right, "Lake Martin, Al" just looks weird.

Niffers fried corn nuggets! Those are awesome... We got coupon books at Camp War Eagle that had a coupon for free corn nuggets... I could live off those I think.

I liked the comment about Auburn fans not driving red cars or wearing red clothing. I always thought it was just me who felt that way. To this day, when I see a red car with an Auburn tag or sticker I think it looks extremely out of place.

I liked the comment about Auburn fans not driving red cars or wearing red clothing. I always thought it was just me who felt that way. To this day, when I see a red car with an Auburn tag or sticker I think it looks extremely out of place.

I would never get a red car, but I do wear red sometimes. Try to avoid anything that is even close to crimson, though.

Ha, indeed. They actually advertise on their own website, two locations: Auburn & Lake Martin. Hence my lack of complete correctness. I added the location as in Dadeville, Ala. at Lake Martin.

http://www.niffersplace.com/Home_page.html

Not just you at all chimesAU. Trust me, I have one red sweater, I wear it out of town.

I would never get a red car, but I do wear red sometimes. Try to avoid anything that is even close to crimson, though.

I got a good deal on a used Toyota Tacoma that is dark crimson.  I make up for it by working it like a rented mule!  :laugh:

The only item I believe that was left off the list or perhaps could have been combined with Niffer's was understanding what someone means when they say "I want a Momma's Love" all the way.  Just my two cents. War Eagle

The only item I believe that was left off the list or perhaps could have been combined with Niffer's was understanding what someone means when they say "I want a Momma's Love" all the way.  Just my two cents. War Eagle

I can dig that. I left them off because they are no longer uniquely Auburn. Nothing wrong with making money, but it changes the nostalgia IMO.

Another:  The pre-game eagle flight brings tears to your eyes or at the least gives you chills all over. 

Otherwise, great job Ian, as usual. 

Archived