Spider 2 & Spider 3 banana...and the plays of the future

auburnstudent35

Saw this clip on sportscenter and the play looks like something we might see thrown into the playbook this fall, fullback in the flats can be deadly in the red zone. Any other predictions/hopes for plays, routes, or just general formations anyone would like to see thrown into the mix this fall?

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7753527&categoryid=2378529

:party:

thanks for all the hard work.  great post!

I would love some pistol formation myself.  Really excited to see the team grow this season.

Great job man, but I think it should be noted that the offense Loeffler ran at Temple may or may not resemble the offense he will run at Auburn. My understanding is that they didn't have a quarterback who could throw the ball worth a crap. Now, I've not clicked the links yet, but if it's just drawn up plays, then it probably will reflect a fair amount of what he's going to bring to the table.

However, remember what Loeffler said about this being the Auburn offense, not the Loeffler offense. The whole offensive staff is working together to mold a playbook that is perfect for the personnel, and you'd better believe that Kiehl Frazier is still going to be running the ball if he wins the job. I don't, however, think he will be running it as much as he would have in Malzahn's offense, which to be honest I think is good. You don't need to run for 1,000 yards to be effective as a quarterback, not when you have Kiehl's arm. All he needs to do is make sure the defense knows he can burn them with his legs just as easily if they don't respect his running ability.

On a similar note, all this nonsense about how Moseley is going to win the job because Lefty's offense isn't geared around a running quarterback is exactly that: nonsense. If Moseley wins the starting position, all that means is that the coaches think he brings more to the table than Kiehl does.

Anexsation of Puerto Rico anyone? That's my recommended style of offense

This one will work! Just got to pick the best lineman for the job. And maybe VanGorder has some alka seltzer for the D!

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=little+giants+movie++&view=detail&mid=C1D4F311350BDD445F97C1D4F311350BDD445F97&first=21

• 4 weeks later...

Great job man, but I think it should be noted that the offense Loeffler ran at Temple may or may not resemble the offense he will run at Auburn. My understanding is that they didn't have a quarterback who could throw the ball worth a crap. Now, I've not clicked the links yet, but if it's just drawn up plays, then it probably will reflect a fair amount of what he's going to bring to the table.

However, remember what Loeffler said about this being the Auburn offense, not the Loeffler offense. The whole offensive staff is working together to mold a playbook that is perfect for the personnel, and you'd better believe that Kiehl Frazier is still going to be running the ball if he wins the job. I don't, however, think he will be running it as much as he would have in Malzahn's offense, which to be honest I think is good. You don't need to run for 1,000 yards to be effective as a quarterback, not when you have Kiehl's arm. All he needs to do is make sure the defense knows he can burn them with his legs just as easily if they don't respect his running ability.

On a similar note, all this nonsense about how Moseley is going to win the job because Lefty's offense isn't geared around a running quarterback is exactly that: nonsense. If Moseley wins the starting position, all that means is that the coaches think he brings more to the table than Kiehl does.

Those links are to StatTiger's stuff.  Simply the best.

wde

Nice take Red. And CSL worked around a spread at UF, so he has shown his ability to adapt. I believe that it's  important for a coordinator to be willing to adapt their scheme in order to best suit their players.

Nice take Red. And CSL worked around a spread at UF, so he has shown his ability to adapt. I believe that it's  important for a coordinator to be willing to adapt their scheme in order to best suit their players.

I agree that this offense will more than likely not be what he has done in the past but I do believe that some of these plays are very multiple in the different sets it can be run out of and likely gives us as good of any idea to what will be ran.

This is the counter ran at ADAY. In this clip its Harvin motioning into the RB position from a slot position but the play and blocking is the same.

Those links are to StatTiger's stuff.  Simply the best.

wde

That dude needs to get his butt back over here. I miss his breakdowns.

• 2 weeks later...

Another great stay tiger breakdown:

Can't wait to see Frazier break one of these runs!  Hope they come as often as they did from cam in 2010 where he made the first down pick ups look so easy! WDE!

Archived