Former AU LB Tray Blackmon now playing indoor football

Just discovered that former AU LB Tra :we:y Blackmon is playing for my home town indoor football team, Louisiana Swashbucklers in Lake Charles, La.

Will need to catch a game and give him a  big War Eagle shout out...... 

That's pretty awesome, good for Tray I'm glad he can pursue something he's passionate about.

I didn't realize he had those kind of feelings for the quarterback...

I'm surprised Tray never caught on with a Pro team somewhere. It was never talent that kept him off the field at AU, but off the field issues. I figured if he ever got his head on straight he would contirbute somewhere in the NFL...but that doesn't appear to be the case.

That's pretty awesome, good for Tray I'm glad he can pursue something he's passionate about.

I didn't realize he had those kind of feelings for the quarterback...

:laugh::bow:

I'm surprised Tray never caught on with a Pro team somewhere. It was never talent that kept him off the field at AU, but off the field issues. I figured if he ever got his head on straight he would contirbute somewhere in the NFL...but that doesn't appear to be the case.

He was really small. He was like 5'11 215 or so..Had he been taller no doubt he would've been picked up by an NFl team by now. Probably just a big risk with his size and off the field issues. Sucks, Tray was a beast and a laid back guy just had some other issues.

I will always remember the game versus Florida.

Ranks up there with the '72 iron bowl for contribution by one player.

War Eagle!

Archived