Kurt Crain, former Tiger, has passed away at 47.

jason4au

Does anyone know any news on kurt? I saw on Phillip marshall's Facebook that he passed away today. I hate to hear this, because growing up he was one of my auburn heroes I looked up to. I pray for his family and all those affected by his passing.

:believe:

Prayers to his family and he will be greatly missed on the Plains!!!!  GOD BLESS!!!

Very sad news. I know some of his extended family and his nephew is/was a friend of mine who was tragically killed in a car accident a few years ago. I remeber watching, as a young boy, Kurt dominate and intimidate opposing offenses. RIP Kurt...

I was just on al.com. According to the county coroner, Crain died from what was called self inflicted gun shot wound. It's so sad to hear. I will pray for his family, a great loss to them and the Auburn family.

Kurt always reminded me of Ken Bernich who played the same position

zy80md.jpg

One of the all time greats at that position yet Ken Bernich rarely gets mentioned when people discuss the great linebackers.

Sad.  We may never know the contributing factors.  Kurt was one of the toughest players Auburn has ever had.  Whatever was going on in his life must have been too much for him to bare.  RIP my Brother.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/04/kurt_crain_autopsy_likely_wedn.html

I was there when Bernich played; he was one mean SOB!

You are right about that. I absolutely loved watching Ken Bernich play. He played linebacker 1972 - 1974. If you look at pictures or the video of Bill Newton blocking the punts you will see ole #53 was close enough to block them if Bill hadn't.

I am truly saddened to hear of the passing of Kurt Crane. He will be missed by the entire Auburn family.

Archived