Spurrier not pleased with date for USCe-UGA game

phillyeagle

Per the ESPN SEC blog:

His thoughts on the Georgia-South Carolina game moving from the second week of the season to the sixth week in 2012.

“I don’t know. I sort of always liked playing them that second game because you could always count on them having two or three key players suspended.”

BAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! *gasp* BAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Petrino and now Spurrier?  He has a date for the USCe-UGA game?  She must not be a 25 year old former athlete if he isn't pleased.  :laugh: 

That's funny. I don't care who you are, that's funny.   :laugh:

Agreed!

Wouldn't be funny if it wasn't true!

Spurrier, if ya can't laugh with him, at least laugh at him.  I don't care for the man but that was funny.

Majority of me and my dads football celebration dance moves are based on things we have seen Spurrier do on the sidelines...

I love Spurrier....he is funny and watching him on the sideline is a trip

"I don't think Nick will ever leave Alabama. He is a man with no conscious and no ethics and he is worshiped by a fan base that is to stupid and ignorant to value either" - Steve Spurrier

i love steve spurrier, has a knack for making great quotes apparently

It is funny, but that rock was thrown by a man living in a glass house. Mr. Garcia says set em up again :hellyeah:

Also thrown by a man with his football program under NCAA investigation.  Providing +$50,000 in improper benefits to your playeres may land many of this own players under suspension before the season even starts.  I wonder how Stevo's appeal to the NCAA is going right about now? :-X

It is funny, but that rock was thrown by a man living in a glass house. Mr. Garcia says set em up again :hellyeah:

Also thrown by a man with his football program under NCAA investigation.  Providing +$50,000 in improper benefits to your playeres may land many of this own players under suspension before the season even starts.  I wonder how Stevo's appeal to the NCAA is going right about now? :-X

There is that. People crucify one coach and turn a blind eye to the other one. Superior is as much a part of what is wrong with college sports as Petrino ever thought about being, in his own way.

There is that. People crucify one coach and turn a blind eye to the other one. Superior is as much a part of what is wrong with college sports as Petrino ever thought about being, in his own way.

I agree 100% - SOS has no buisness whatsoever in throwing stones or deragatory comments out at anyone right now. 

The "legacy" he hoped to leave in his wake, "I hope to retire with the knowledge that I never cheated, and I never had a program on NCAA probation during my career."   

Sorry Steve, but when football players live in hotel's for months & years it's on you old man.  Who has ever been able to get a hotel room for $14.95/day? 

No wonder his players stayed so long.  Free HBO, workout room, internet access, breakfast...  Never have to make your bed, always clean towels, and free ice 24-7...........

I agree 100% - SOS has no buisness whatsoever in throwing stones or deragatory comments out at anyone right now. 

The "legacy" he hoped to leave in his wake, "I hope to retire with the knowledge that I never cheated, and I never had a program on NCAA probation during my career."   

Sorry Steve, but when football players live in hotel's for months & years it's on you old man.  Who has ever been able to get a hotel room for $14.95/day? 

No wonder his players stayed so long.  Free HBO, workout room, internet access, breakfast...  Never have to make your bed, always clean towels, and free ice 24-7...........

They all had Groupons!

If South Carolina can prove their players were just friends of Tom Al-Betar, then maybe the NCAA will overlook it... does he have a mens wear store in Columbia?

Majority of me and my dads football celebration dance moves are based on things we have seen Spurrier do on the sidelines...

I love Spurrier....he is funny and watching him on the sideline is a trip

One of my father's favorite things to say during any football game has been when we've been playing Florida with Spurrier as coach and we'd do something good, anytime they put the camera on SOS, Dad started saying, "Throw your visor Steve, throw your visor!"

"I don't think Nick will ever leave Alabama. He is a man with no conscious and no ethics and he is worshiped by a fan base that is to stupid and ignorant to value either" - Steve Spurrier

Pretty sure that one is just a rumor. I've found no official site that gives him credit for that quote. He might have said it privately, and it certainly sounds like something he would say, I think it's kinda like that old saying "It ain't over till it's over". I've heard it accredited to Yogi Berra most of the time I've heard it accredited to anyone, and it sounds like something he'd say, but he was not the one to say it...or at least not the first to say it. That one belongs to Casey Stengel, Berra's coach with the Yankees.

Still, it's a great quote, and it is absolutely correct.

Pretty sure that one is just a rumor. I've found no official site that gives him credit for that quote. He might have said it privately, and it certainly sounds like something he would say, I think it's kinda like that old saying "It ain't over till it's over". I've heard it accredited to Yogi Berra most of the time I've heard it accredited to anyone, and it sounds like something he'd say, but he was not the one to say it...or at least not the first to say it. That one belongs to Casey Stengel, Berra's coach with the Yankees.

I don't about that particular quote but Spurrier did make one one time about a player he signed from Tuscaloosa where he said he never had much luck recruiting against bama (in Alabama?) because it seemed their scholarships were worth a lot more than the ones he could offer.

I don't about that particular quote but Spurrier did make one one time about a player he signed from Tuscaloosa where he said he never had much luck recruiting against bama (in Alabama?) because it seemed their scholarships were worth a lot more than the ones he could offer.

The player SOS signed from Tuscaloosa was Greg Smelley (QB), Brad Smelley's (uat TE) big brother.  Greg did nothing at SoCarl, in fact he ended up transferring back to uat to play baseball. 

Now, his little brother on the other hand, is sportin 2 BCSNC rings.

Archived