2012 rushing attack will be fun to watch

cason

Our line is young but great.  Our running backs are super fast and we have a ton of them, Omac, mason, blakely, grant, throw in a big old bruiser at fb, Prosch, and you convert on 4th and 1.  I think KF is the real freakin deal, super star in the making.  I look forward to buying his shoe one day, hes that good.  CSL will do great things for KF and Im lookimg forward to watching him progress, but i think this year will be remembered for our running game.

KF had some nice passes today.  That back shoulder pass down to the 5 was really nice.  Perfectly placed.  We're going to be good. Maybe really, REALLY good.  If our young guys step up we are going to shock some people, starting with Clemson.

We'll go as far as Frazier and this O-line take us.

The coaches obviously won't say it, but I think the QB battle is over and Kiehl is the guy. He was far and away the best QB on the field today -- I know, it's just a spring game -- and it sounds like he's been the best QB in the spring. Here's to hoping he has a great season this year.  :wareagle:

Kf is definitely the guy, no question.  The real question is who will emerge as the top rb. We've got 4 that all want to be the guy.  Barring injuries, we should have fresh legs in the 4th quarter all season long.

Kf is definitely the guy, no question.  The real question is who will emerge as the top rb. We've got 4 that all want to be the guy.  Barring injuries, we should have fresh legs in the 4th quarter all season long.

I could see KF absolutely killing defenses with his feet when things break down. I also believe Mason will get the nod to start the season.

Two things concern me.

The OL is very young.  They will be very talented and it has good quality depth.  But how long before they are dominating?  Until they can dominate, the RBs and QBs will not be able to show the full range of their skills.

The WR corps is still a question.  There is good speed at all positions.  Blake is the only proven producer.  We need at least three more to step up and prove they can be effective.  The talent is there.  These guys just have to prove themselves in games. 

I'm not concerned about any position on the defense now.  I'm not concerned about QB, RB, C or TE. 

I'm looking forward to September even more now.  WAR EAGLE!!

Two things concern me.

The OL is very young.  They will be very talented and it has good quality depth.  But how long before they are dominating?  Until they can dominate, the RBs and QBs will not be able to show the full range of their skills.

The WR corps is still a question.  There is good speed at all positions.  Blake is the only proven producer.  We need at least three more to step up and prove they can be effective.  The talent is there.  These guys just have to prove themselves in games. 

I'm not concerned about any position on the defense now.  I'm not concerned about QB, RB, C or TE. 

Agree... O-Line is still a question mark... Remember folks, we have a lot of D out with injuries and at least two starters on Offense.

Defense should be fine.. They are much further ahead than last year. Van Gorder's style is working as I saw much more aggressive play from the line and no missed tackles like last year.

With the much needed depth we have so far been able to gain this year, there will be battles each and every week for playing time. That always makes a team better.

Two things concern me.

There are three O-linemen that I'm not really concerned about: Dismukes, Sullen, and Slade. That having been said, it only takes one weak link for it all to fall apart (Remember Honk if you Sacked Brodie?), so the line is definitely a question.

I'm not particularly concerned about receiver, quite honestly. I think the new routes are going to do wonders for them getting open, and considering the receiving threats we already have in Blake and Lutzie, I think we'll be tided over while the younger guys break in. I know Lutz is a TE, but the threat he poses in the passing game is plenty imposing to take a guy off of covering the other receivers.

Corey Grant said that a RB is only as good as his OL after A-Day. I don't know if he thinks the OL will be good or bad.

He might be building rapport with them. Cam ate with the big uglies and gave them shout outs all the time because he knew that without them he is nothing but a sitting duck....wouldn't be surprised if others were doing the same. A happy linesman makes a happy qb/rb

Corey Grant said that a RB is only as good as his OL after A-Day. I don't know if he thinks the OL will be good or bad.

I feel the line will eventually come together. Too much talent not too. I say mid season, they will be hitting on all cylinders.

Ya it seems we are still looking for the right combo on the OL. Yesterday both Mack and Westerman were on the 2nd team to start with and Miller got the first team start. It will be interesting to see if a guy like Jordan Diamond could push for a starting spot. Hopefully they will get it nailed down and if anything our line will be 10 times more physical this year

Our O-Line should be able to run block pretty well the pass block may take some time. However, Im not sure how well our D-Line is preparing them for the between the tackles running. Our premier DEs are great pass rushers I wouldnt hold them as good against the run just yet. Once we get everyone back on the field after a few more months of recovery and weight room time we may be tougher between the tackles. However, what I heard from Sigler Ford and Owens during the A-Day game really sounded good. I think Pelton is getting them there and look forward to seeing what will prb be one of the best D- Lines we have had in a long time.

until our OL proves itself, the RB who gets the most snaps (not carries - snaps) will be the one who is the most effective pass blocker.  end of story.

i think that will be o-mac in the beginning.  the other guys (including WR) will need to understand that blocking is key to seeing the field.  the wild card here is prosch's ability to block in the passing game may loosen up that responsibility a little from the RB's.

Our line is young but great.  Our running backs are super fast and we have a ton of them, Omac, mason, blakely, grant, throw in a big old bruiser at fb, Prosch, and you convert on 4th and 1.  I think KF is the real freakin deal, super star in the making.  I look forward to buying his shoe one day, hes that good.  CSL will do great things for KF and Im lookimg forward to watching him progress, but i think this year will be remembered for our running game.

KF had some nice passes today.  That back shoulder pass down to the 5 was really nice.  Perfectly placed.  We're going to be good. Maybe really, REALLY good.  If our young guys step up we are going to shock some people, starting with Clemson.

I think all of the pieces to the puzzle are there, now we have to put it together. I really like the chances for this football team to be great. Time will tell, but this could be a special season if these guys come together.

Our O-Line should be able to run block pretty well the pass block may take some time. However, Im not sure how well our D-Line is preparing them for the between the tackles running. Our premier DEs are great pass rushers I wouldnt hold them as good against the run just yet. Once we get everyone back on the field after a few more months of recovery and weight room time we may be tougher between the tackles. However, what I heard from Sigler Ford and Owens during the A-Day game really sounded good. I think Pelton is getting them there and look forward to seeing what will prb be one of the best D- Lines we have had in a long time.

I've always been under the impression that Nosa is a pretty danged good run defender. I thought that was the entire reason he won the starting role opposite Antoine Carter as a freshman?

the quote sounded to me like he meant he should have gotten more out of the holes they made for him.

Two things concern me.

I think you are right and I share your concern that the OL is the key to this team now. Because of that, I think it is important for Coach Grimes to get the starters named for the OL, whoever they are, as soon as he can so they can get as many snaps together as a unit as is humanly possible.

With respect to youth. There is enough experience in the OL, coupled with the increase in size and strength now, that youth should not be a factor with this level of talent. In fact I think its time that we move beyond that because with the talent we have, they and we should expect excellence from this OL.   

Archived