Frazier, Moseley, and Pike at A-Day

bikeriderga

Keihl was the best QB at A-Day game, and what was really exciting was when we was on in the passing game, QB running lanes were open. If there was a no hit rule, Kiehl was destined for huge gains when he faked a pass and tucked it. Accurate, elusive, exciting.. Just needs a little more time and experience to be a five star in the SEC.

Moseley was pretty accurate as well. His problem was taking sacks. May have been designed for him not to throw it away, but twice he was sacked for long yardage. Otherwise, he looked good out there. Truly more of a pocket passer, but you could tell he has been in the system for some time.

Pike is definitely a work in progress. Strong arm, big (Cam Newton big), and ability to move when required. Not as accurate on his deliverables (expected), and still has some happy feet. But with another year or two in this system, he is going to be a defensive nightmare. All kinds of potential. All he needs is some time. Barring injuries or discipline problems, this guy will be a starter at AU and will be one of our best one day.

Have to mention Prosch here. AU fans, all I can say is OMG!! This dude is a monster and was opening holes and hitting like a freight train. Some poor linebackers are going to be feeling some pain after a few plays meeting Mr. Prosch.

Darren Bates could have ended Kiehl Frazier's career had the no hit rule not been in place for the quarterbacks.

Darren Bates could have ended Kiehl Frazier's career had the no hit rule not been in place for the quarterbacks.

I thought it was hilarious that I heard several squeals as though he would have slammed Frazier from his blind side... But he did have a serious head of steam going toward fraziers back.

Thanks to Uzomah, he sure would have.  Overall, I thought KF looked really good. He really has a tight, smooth, throwing motion and I especially thought that back shoulder pass to Blake on the sideline was a thing of beauty.

Of course I agree with the rule, that was not my point. The point was, Kiehl had huge running lanes, since the D cannot focus on just one man.

Defensively Bates, Ford, Lemonier,Blackson, Mincy, and Owens had a nice day.

I felt Frazier ran the ball well, but was still a little in-decisive with his throws. I thought Pike looked extremely good for only being on campus for a few monts now. Mosely didn't look up to speed to me, I know he has been injured. I think the QB race will come down to Frazier and Pike. I expect Frazier to win it, but would not be surprised to see Pike win it either.

I felt Frazier ran the ball well, but was still a little in-decisive with his throws. I thought Pike looked extremely good for only being on campus for a few monts now. Mosely didn't look up to speed to me, I know he has been injured. I think the QB race will come down to Frazier and Pike. I expect Frazier to win it, but would not be surprised to see Pike win it either.

I thought Pike looked good, especially for only being on campus for a few months. He's going to have to work on not forcing throws, because some of his passes would have been picked off against first string competition. If he is named the starter however I would not only be surprised, I'd be floored with shock lol.

Not jumping on you at all but I didn't see anything that could be perceived as indecisive from KF. I mean literally nothing at all. Pike did OK but as another poster said he forced a couple throws that easily could've been picks. It's almost unbelievable that you wouldn't be surprised if Pike won the job over Frazier.

I thought Pike looked good, especially for only being on campus for a few months. He's going to have to work on not forcing throws, because some of his passes would have been picked off against first string competition. If he is named the starter however I would not only be surprised, I'd be floored with shock lol.

That makes 2 of floored and :o if Pike is named the starter but IMHO

I don't see it happening. His time will come and yes he did look good

as a true freshmen. 

That makes 2 of floored and :o if Pike is named the starter but IMHO

I don't see it happening. His time will come and yes he did look good

as a true freshmen. 

That's 3 of us.

And I don't think CM has the backup job completely locked up just yet.

I felt Frazier ran the ball well, but was still a little in-decisive with his throws. I thought Pike looked extremely good for only being on campus for a few monts now. Mosely didn't look up to speed to me, I know he has9 been injured. I think the QB race will come down to Frazier and Pike. I expect Frazier to win it, but would not be surprised to see Pike win it either.

Someone must have watched a different scrimmage than I. Pike did show potential, but not ready to start. Moseley only looked bad on two sacks.

Pike  will be very good one day soon but he needs time in college ball and the SEC.

Honestly I think it really is equal between KF and CM because CM's arm isnt back to normal so maybe the sacks where because of CM not throwing to a deep WR because they were on PA Passes also he missed some practices so he probably still aint fully aware like he would be if he was there all spring and for having a sore shoulder he did have a lot of zip on the ball. I think either way we will be atleast decent at QB this year because the WR are actually catching passes (even tho there were some drops) and the 1st string line did good the TE's and RB whiffed their blocks on some plays.

Honestly I think it really is equal between KF and CM because CM's arm isnt back to normal so maybe the sacks where because of CM not throwing to a deep WR because they were on PA Passes also he missed some practices so he probably still aint fully aware like he would be if he was there all spring and for having a sore shoulder he did have a lot of zip on the ball. I think either way we will be atleast decent at QB this year because the WR are actually catching passes (even tho there were some drops) and the 1st string line did good the TE's and RB whiffed their blocks on some plays.

Could be, but Clint had a similar problem last year, holding on to the ball too long. He was sharp, except on those two sacks. It could be due to any number of things, but Clint verses Frazier is the way it will be in the contest this year.

The major difference between Kiehl and Clint are speed. Both have good arms, both have grown into the system. Clint is more of a pure pocket passer, while Kiehl can get out of trouble quickly and turn a seemingly loss into a gain. For this reason, I really believe Kiehl will win the starting job.

If Pike continues to grow, after Kiehl's turn holding the reigns, we will not miss a beat in the QB area. Like Kiehl, Zeke can move. Zeke has a cannon for an arm, and once he grows into that massive frame, he is going to be one hell of a load for defenses.

We are in good shape for some time to come in the QB arena. I am not sure we will be able to keep stocking the RB position like we have now. We did it once under Tubs with Caddie, Ronnie, and Brandon, so never say never.

Could be, but Clint had a similar problem last year, holding on to the ball too long. He was sharp, except on those two sacks. It could be due to any number of things, but Clint verses Frazier is the way it will be in the contest this year.

The major difference between Kiehl and Clint are speed. Both have good arms, both have grown into the system. Clint is more of a pure pocket passer, while Kiehl can get out of trouble quickly and turn a seemingly loss into a gain. For this reason, I really believe Kiehl will win the starting job.

If Pike continues to grow, after Kiehl's turn holding the reigns, we will not miss a beat in the QB area. Like Kiehl, Zeke can move. Zeke has a cannon for an arm, and once he grows into that massive frame, he is going to be one hell of a load for defenses.

We are in good shape for some time to come in the QB arena. I am not sure we will be able to keep stocking the RB position like we have now. We did it once under Tubs with Caddie, Ronnie, and Brandon, so never say never.

Ding, ding, ding, ding.

And, Kiehl gives you the added dimension of running the football. I think Loeffler's chomping at the bit to unleash an offense with the skills of a runner and passer at quarterback.

Watching the CSS replay, you could tell Lefty and Kiehl had good chemistry on the sidelines as they were cuttin' up in the second half when Loeffler sit Frazier on the bench. Frazier's to the backside shoulder of the defender throw and catch by EB was a thing of ridiculousness. It was pure sickness. EB's not going to get 80, but I believe he'll get a whole helluva lot.

My problem with the sacks that Cm took is that it was almost like he didn't even try to get away. I know that he doesn't have great speed, but it seemed like both times he just stopped running and got touched. Maybe I'm the only one that felt that way, but that made me a little annoyed, feeling like he gave up on the play too early.

My problem with the sacks that Cm took is that it was almost like he didn't even try to get away. I know that he doesn't have great speed, but it seemed like both times he just stopped running and got touched. Maybe I'm the only one that felt that way, but that made me a little annoyed, feeling like he gave up on the play too early.

I don't think he can dodge oncoming defensive players all that well.  Some qbs can shed them and embarrass them while doing it but he isn't one of them.

You're not the only one. He had the same deer-in-headlights look that he had when pressured last year.

You're not the only one. He had the same deer-in-headlights look that he had when pressured last year.

This was my only problem with CM last year.  Our OL did NOT perform last year, but when the pressure was there, CM seemed to colapse rather than try to get free (not all the time but more often than not).

If the OL stands up and protects, CM will be able to perform.  However, if the OL struggles, I think KF gives us the best chance.  Actually, after watching the video I think KF gives AU the best chance period! But that's jmo.

Archived