What I love about the new offense

GoBull367

The motion shifts. 

Did you see how many times Prosch shifted from one side to another, and then back to the other side, sometimes with a tight end, sometimes without? 

Remember when Stanford demolished Virginia Tech with similar shifts?  Simple shifts out of the pro set can lead to an overload of blockers on the play side, which usually leads to big plays and touchdowns!

I love it!

:we:

I love the counter play, and the increased passing to TE's and RB's. That little counter play is just a great inside run, it immediately gets the D moving in the wrong direction and sets up the RB with a lane against the grain. Can you say recipe for success? The increased passing to the TE and RB's are great for obvious reasons. They make the D cover more people, but those positions also tend to exploit mis-matches, which is another recipe for success. I am so excited to see this offense in action in a game! :)

Scot "Locksmith" Loeffler will find ways in Auburn's offense to unlock other teams defenses to create scoring opportunities with shifts, multiple looks, player rotations, calls at the line, all players reading defenses, and a few trick plays when needed. It will be AUsome watching the progress of the new AU offense philosophy.

i loved borges' shifts and motion. loved mahlzan's misdirection the first year but he got away from it the next 2 years. i always believe if i cant tell who has the ball on a hd tv the defense is frozen for at least a second or 2.

Archived