Shots fired in Turdville this morning!

pologuy24

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: Apr 19, 2012

TUSCALOOSA - AL -

ABC 33/40 is working to get information from Tuscaloosa about a shooting early Wednesday.

A YouTube video from the scene shows police activity on the strip near the University of Alabama. We do know suspects accused of firing a gun or guns are in custody.

The university has issued two alerts to students. The first confirmed that shots were fired on the strip and that investigators were working on the scene. It also confirmed suspects were in custody and that authorities were taking the necessary precautions. A second alert issued was to tell students the situation was cleared and that both suspects were in custody. That alert confirmed no injuries were reported. It closed by saying an investigation is underway.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ppl on BOL saying D.White was hurt..

Mike Bowman tweeted "pray for D White", it appears as if he may be involved.

Update: just got another message that said the situation was clear, they have two suspects in custody, and there were no gunshot injuries.

quote:

Bad injuries, but nobody was shot. Two guys were knocked out in the street. It started as a fight in front of or in Egans bar.

quote:

I just got back from the scene and someone was definitely hurt. Witnesses say that two people went to the hospital.

There's a 6-inch blood stain on the road in front of Egan's from one person. Another person was apparently on the ground but not bleeding across the street in front of Houndstooth.

quote:

There's a report that a co-worker of one of the victims said she saw multiple coaches and football players at the hospital including Coach Cochran and Nico Johnson.

Sounds like the coaches were trying to cover it up by the claim that no one was hurt when in fact there are reports saying there were people taken to the hospital!

http://www.abc3340.com/story/17574154/shots-fired-on-the-strip-in-tuscaloosa

You can bet that between the Turd PD and Bham news that you will never hear anything else about it.

I take that back, you might hear that some bammer player was helping an elderly person cross the street when he was injured in an unrelated incident.

Not to mention that the media has deemed the trials of people that haven't been associated with Auburn football for more than a year much more important. Strange, huh?

You can bet that between the Turd PD and Bham news that you will never hear anything else about it.

I take that back, you might hear that some bammer player was helping an elderly person cross the street when he was injured in an unrelated incident.

Yep. I will bet a million bucks that the crapstain officials have notified 33/40 that they need to take the story down because they should know that they shouldn't report on anything negative about the turds.

It will probably come out eventually that Saban is responsible for opening fire as a new strategy for oversigning... and a legitimate use of medical schollies.  Saban's processing will take on a whole new meaning.

They'll just use ole #1 on this one......."He was just trying to break up a fight when he was attacked" poor guy.

And the cover up has already started. :laugh:

Chase Goodbread

TideSports.com Senior Writer

Talk about it in Talk of Champions

TUSCALOOSA | University of Alabama wide receiver DeAndrew White has been hospitalized with an apparent concussion following an altercation on University Boulevard early Thursday morning, a source close to the situation has confirmed to Tidesports.com.

White is not seriously injured, according to the source.

Another man was found unconscious with severe head injuries a block away. Police aren't sure whether the cases are related or how that man was injured, but a source said there were two separate incidents on the Strip.

Tuscaloosa and University Police initially responded to the 1200 block of University Boulevard after bars closed at 2:10 a.m. on a report of shots fired, said Tuscaloosa County Metro Homicide Unit commander Capt. Loyd Baker.

No weapons were involved in the fights. The people who fired the shots were not involved, and said that they fired shots into the air to disperse the crowd. Police arrested Ryan Javaris Hamilton, 22, and Quamayne Rakesh Tolbert, 22. They were charged with reckless endangerment.

The second man, 31, was found lying unconscious on the sidewalk a block away, in the 1300 block of University Boulevard, with severe head injuries.

Neither man's injuries resulted from the shots that were fired, Baker said.

Two fights that happened at the same time - 100 feet TOPS from each other - gunshots fired - no connection - If ever I am in trouble with the law I want uat PD to be my defense lawyer! Or at least my publicist! What a joke......

This is from the email I received from the University this morning:

"On April 19, 2012, at approximately 2:10 a.m., Tuscaloosa Police and University Police responded to the 1200 block of University Blvd. on a report of a fight and shots fired. A 20-year-old male was injured during the physical altercation and was transported to DCH with non-life threatening injuries. No weapons were involved in the fight.

During the altercation, two males who were not involved in the fight pulled handguns and fired in the air, allegedly to disperse the crowd. The two males were apprehended by University Police officers, and both firearms were recovered.

Another victim, a 31-year-old male, was found lying unconscious on the sidewalk in the 1300 block of University Blvd. He has severe head injuries. It is unknown at this time if he was injured in the altercation, but his injuries were not the result of weapons being discharged.

The two males who discharged the firearms have been charged with reckless endangerment."

Only in T-Town would you have in-depth journalism as good as a 3rd world communist county.

Article should have read:

-Celebrations continued after winning Alabama's 14 National championship last night as a few excited fans starting shooting handguns into the sky screaming Roll Damn Tide to symbolize the Tides constant "reach for the sky" philosophy that Nick Saban has instilled in all Alabama fans. However, during all of the excitement a few fellow bystanders where allegedly hurt in all of the fun. Here are some of the interviews of the celebration that got carried away.

What were you celebrating?

It was a pre-party for Bamas 15 national championship that we will win this season not for last year - UA student

Was anyone associated with the team involved in this spontaneous celebration?

No, all the players are in bed and have been tucked in by Nick Saban - REC safety patrol spokesperson

Was there anyone hurt?

Only all of the fans of all the other 119 D1 schools that are jealous of the mighty tide, haters gonna hate - UA student

Was anyone arrested?

No, last person we arrested was a drunk LSU fan last November 2011. - T-town PD

I have a buddy who lives in an apartment very close to the strip, and he got a pretty good view of happened. Apparently (and he pieced some of this together after the fact, from people on the scene), DeAndrew White was trying to take some guys girl home with him, the guy wouldn't have it, and jumped him. He said DeAndrew got KO'ed almost immediately, after just one or two punches. This caused a small ruckus. There was a SEPARATE incident down near the Houndstooth where there were apparently 5 dudes beating the crap out of one guy on the ground. At this point, 2 guys ended up firing several shots into the air, trying to clear out the crowd.

I have a buddy who lives in an apartment very close to the strip, and he got a pretty good view of happened. Apparently (and he pieced some of this together after the fact, from people on the scene), DeAndrew White was trying to take some guys girl home with him, the guy wouldn't have it, and jumped him. He said DeAndrew got KO'ed almost immediately, after just one or two punches. This caused a small ruckus. There was a SEPARATE incident down near the Houndstooth where there were apparently 5 dudes beating the crap out of one guy on the ground. At this point, 2 guys ended up firing several shots into the air, trying to clear out the crowd.

Nice of them to help out by shooting in the air to calm everyone down.

Probably been watching too many action movies where shooting a gun in the air causes everyone to stand as still as a statue, shut up, and stare stupidly at whoever fired the gun.

Probably been watching too many action movies where shooting a gun in the air causes everyone to stand as still as a statue, shut up, and stare stupidly at whoever fired the gun.

Yeah, it wouldn't be hard to imagine someone else having a gun and shooting you because you were shooting a gun.

I guess there is probably little chance that the dude getting pummeled by the 5 dudes was Updyke.

Archived