San Diego vs. New Orleans

WarTiger

Most that know me know I'm not at all an NFL fan. But, I just finished watching the last 3-4 minutes of this game and I can't believe what I saw. All this crap week after week about how bad the replacement officials were, and I bet the Chargers wished they had had the replacements after that garbage tonight. I hardly ever say anything about the officiating since I do it myself, but San Diego got royally screwed on back to back calls at the end of that game. First an offensive interference that was absolutely NOTHING and would have given them the ball at the Saints 20.... By the way, New Orleans lead (and won) by 7....31-24. Then on the very next play they flagged the center for holding and it wasn't even close to holding. His hands were open the entire time, he never grabbed any jersey. He didn't tackle him and he didn't wrap his arms around him either. It was a crap call. It made the Chargers face a 2nd and 37, when they should have had a first and 10 at the Saints 20. San Diego got royally SCREWED....That was awful.

I watched the game at Turner Field on Friday, and I'm not sure which officiating job was worse.

That being said: WarT, how did you get into officiating? I have often thought about it but can't seem to get my foot in the door. Is it worth it, just from some walking-around cash and getting to do something fun?

I watched the game at Turner Field on Friday, and I'm not sure which officiating job was worse.

That being said: WarT, how did you get into officiating? I have often thought about it but can't seem to get my foot in the door. Is it worth it, just from some walking-around cash and getting to do something fun?

Gonna send you a PM...

Archived