Remember 2009?

Weagle1787

Auburn was reeling from 3 straight losses, 2 in blowout fashion, and the other being a deflating home upset. Then came the matchup against a favored Ole Miss squad. The team pulled together, took control of the game, and won by double digits. They also remained competitive in every game after that point.

It happened once.

They also had Gus Malzahn as OC.

Just saying.

Major difference there ^^^

no doubt. But he was also in his first year, and plagued by inconsistent and often poor qb play. And Ted Roof was the DC. Another major difference.

The comparison does not work in this case. The circumstances are different. In fact, they are a whole lot different. However, Auburn historically does well against Ole Miss. I will say that one game can turn a season around into something much better. Hell, for that matter, a season can change on one play.

I felt like the Arky game was the pivot point to our season. For this game against Ole Miss, I just don't want us to be the team that gives them their first SEC win in 20 attempts. I don't care if we win 3-0, or for that matter 2-0, since our defense seems to be the group showing some signs of life. We lose this one, and the Vandy game becomes paramount. 3-9 is staring us in the face, and that means we go 0-8 in the SEC. I know miracles happen, but would anyone truthfully put money on AU-UGA or AU-UA right now? Heck, even New Mexico St. scares me a little. They spread the field, and throw the ball around alot. Their QB is a gunslinger. I don't think we lose that game, but normally that would be a 52-3 type game for Auburn. This year????

Here is hoping the Arky game was the wake up call for this team and coaching staff. Here is hoping that CGC and CSL will figure a way to utilize the talents they have on offense and move the football and the defense continues to improve. Here is hoping that the coaching staff has not lost this team and they will not mail it in from here on out. I too looked at the Arky game as the pivot point, but maybe it will be in a different way, as in the game when the team realized it had to get better to avoid being perhaps the worst Auburn team of all time. There is always hope....

Archived