Protect this BALL

Tee_It_Up_AU_TIGERS

Protecting the football is a must and we simply do not do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 turnovers in 5 games and the results are 1 - 4.

vs Clemson 2 turnovers final score 26 - 19 loss

vs Miss St 5 turnovers final score 28 - 10 loss

vs ULM 2 turnovers final score 31 - 28 win

vs LSU 3 turnovers final score 12 - 10 loss

vs Arkansas 5 turnovers final score 24 - 7 loss

Cut out the turnovers and I guarantee things would be better than what they are. Not saying we would be undefeated but..................... All In and War Eagle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wareagle::wareagle::wareagle::wareagle::wareagle::wareagle::wareagle:

Improving TOs never hurts, but many of these came late after the game was decided

This is true, but from memory, one of the two TO's against clemson was late (one score game trying to push to tie), and only one was late against LSU (who fumbled twice themselves, which kept us in it). Against Ark, the TO margin was huge against us. Two int's were late (and in the end zone. . .argh), but the others killed drives just the same. I didn't get to watch the MSU game, but I have to assume the same is true for that one.

In short, the OP is an easy one to agree with, In games where mistakes were fewer, or at least made by both teams, we were competative.

Improving TOs never hurts, but many of these came late after the game was decided

I understand your point but turnovers should never be excusable no matter when they happen. One could argue that even if the turnovers come late, it reveals this offense has NO ability to rally and simply self-destructs under pressure. Turnovers can become habit forming because the poor execution, which lead to the turnovers in the first place is not corrected.

Turnovers were probably the difference for lsu and clemson. Wouldnt have hurt if Mosely completed the last 2 to our team against Arky. I love watching blakely run but he just reminds me too much of Fanning.

If our turnover ratio improves, so will our win/loss record. The offense must work hard to eliminate fumbles & ints and the defense must simply force more turnovers. Five games into the season and our DB's have NO interceptions. That has to change.

Archived