ATTENTION EVERYONE - on language

TitanTiger

I've cleaned a few of these up. I get that everyone is pissed and have no desire to quell that. But do not use the Lord's name in vain on this board nor any abbreviation or version of it. It's highly disrespectful and offensive to many if not most people here. "Damn" will be sufficient.

This isn't a huge request of everyone, but if I see it again, that person will get some time off.

Seems a little like pushing religious views on forum goers.

Edit : I don't use it, but some people's lord might not be others.

Disagree whole-heartedly. There is no reason to use that language, ever! There are plenty of other ways to post your frustrations.

It is fine if you disagree. Just saying is all.

It isn't taking the lords name in vain to a lot of people.

Doesn't matter. There really isn't a neutral position on this.

Disagree whole-heartedly. There is no reason to use that language, ever! There are plenty of other ways to post your frustrations.

While I mostly agree, I must also point out that we are absolutely HURTING LIKE CRAZY this season. Any true AU fan finds this simply horrific to watch. Though I don't condone, I can't say I blame them. This is a really really bad football season. We're the laughing stock of the SEC and nobody, and I MEAN NOBODY, fears Auburn. This realization is likely to bring out the ugly in people.

Doesn't matter. There really isn't a neutral position on this.

There is. Ban foul language as a whole.

Edit. Like I said. I don't use it. I'm a Christian. But I get a little ancy anytime it feels like anything religious is being brought down on anyone in anyway is all.

I think that's a step too far. It's fairly simple not to take profanity to denigrating a religion territory. Similarly we don't ban the word "idiot" but we do not allow the n-word or calling a woman a b**ch. There's adult language and there's crossing certain lines. I think this is a reasonable balance to take.

Agreed and thanks. I don't like to use the word but it tends to come out in verbal discussions when I get angry. I can handle most any other language on this board.

I think that's a step too far. It's fairly simple not to take profanity to denigrating a religion territory. Similarly we don't ban the word "idiot" but we do not allow the n-word or calling a woman a b**ch. There's adult language and there's crossing certain lines. I think this is a reasonable balance to take.

I know. Just trying to present possible other opinions on the matter.

It's basic civility and the standards of this forum. You can find others with different standards if you feel strongly about it.

Understood. The line has to be drawn somewhere between Rated G and a Free For All. I think this shouldn't be a burden to anyone.

Think of it like this...if you wouldn't want someone using your wife, mother or father's name as an expletive, then don't use God's.

I don't feel strongly on it. Just mentioning other ideas.

Plus, this conversation is keeping my mind off the game we just played lol

There ain't no reason to be taking the lords name in vain. This is all satan's fault anyway. Gene's wife said so

I agree. It's been 50 years since I have seen his this bad. It has to be satan himself. I mean, no one man can do this without the help of a higher power.

I more than disagree..What's your idea of " a lot of people"?..I would bet you are a very small minority..

Archived