Why I Hate bama

Proud Tiger

I am decidedly an Auburn fan. And those who know me and those around can see it. I wear Auburn eyeglass straps, I have an Auburn belt and wear Auburn shirt/hat as often as I can (although not at work as much as I would prefer). But I also drive a very distinctive truck. It is an ’85 pickup, so last year I decided to deck it out in Auburn colors. I painted the hood orange with a big block interlocking AU in blue on the orange hood. I have an AU tag on front, several magnets/stickers for AU, WAR EAGLE painted on the tailgate, AU floormats, and an AU steering wheel cover. Needless to say, you can tell I am an Auburn fan. So why do the bammers have to see me and say “roll tide”? When I see a bama fan, I don’t shout War Eagle at them (they ain’t worth it), but if they want to be a bama fan I let them. It just irks me that they feel like it insults me for them to yell roll tide because I am an Auburn fan. I realize that if I am going to wear it out there like that, I would get some flack about it. So I get that. It is just their condescending tone and attitude like “how dare you be an Auburn fan and flaunt it in such manner” – only bamzo’s can do that. But those are the bammer fans that I don’t care for.

Edited by GBAU83

• 3 weeks later...

So true -- I don't "hate" the uat, it's student-athletes nor it's coaches. I hate the entitlement attitude of its fan base, though. And the fact that they are so clueless to how insufferable they present themselves to opponents: The rammer-jammer song they sing after a victory, any victory, even if over a cupcake is the epitome of classlessness. Yet, then they have no problem ignoring the irony of quoting the bear about "winning with class." I have to agree with Clay Travis -- no other fan base comes close to being so collectively stupid.

So true -- I don't "hate" the uat, it's student-athletes nor it's coaches. I hate the entitlement attitude of its fan base, though. And the fact that they are so clueless to how insufferable they present themselves to opponents: The rammer-jammer song they sing after a victory, any victory, even if over a cupcake is the epitome of classlessness. Yet, then they have no problem ignoring the irony of quoting the bear about "winning with class." I have to agree with Clay Travis -- no other fan base comes close to being so collectively stupid.

Exactly. My stepsister and her hubby are these type of people. I have taken great pleasure in turning their youngest daughter into an Auburn fan. For her bday this year she asked for an Auburn jersey with her name on it. There were multiple strokes at her bday party :hellyeah:

• 4 weeks later...

I hate the "Need" of these ignorant fools to holler Rawhl Tide at me just because I have on an Auburn shirt. I have NEVER felt the need to yell War Eagle at someone with an Alabama shirt on. It disgusts me and I almost lost it at work this morning.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am decidedly an Auburn fan. And those who know me and those around can see it. I wear Auburn eyeglass straps, I have an Auburn belt and wear Auburn shirt/hat as often as I can (although not at work as much as I would prefer). But I also drive a very distinctive truck. It is an ’85 pickup, so last year I decided to deck it out in Auburn colors. I painted the hood orange with a big block interlocking AU in blue on the orange hood. I have an AU tag on front, several magnets/stickers for AU, WAR EAGLE painted on the tailgate, AU floormats, and an AU steering wheel cover. Needless to say, you can tell I am an Auburn fan. So why do the bammers have to see me and say “roll tide”? When I see a bama fan, I don’t shout War Eagle at them (they ain’t worth it), but if they want to be a bama fan I let them. It just irks me that they feel like it insults me for them to yell roll tide because I am an Auburn fan. I realize that if I am going to wear it out there like that, I would get some flack about it. So I get that. It is just their condescending tone and attitude like “how dare you be an Auburn fan and flaunt it in such manner” – only bamzo’s can do that. But those are the bammer fans that I don’t care for.

Because War Eagle is for Auburn people. What the updykes say is an insult or a profane statement to all that doesn't revolve around their sick cult.

• 2 months later...

You guys will always be little step brother. It's sad. You have more probations than championships. More trailers on and around campus per capita than the state of Alabama. None of your heroes even have titles, Barkley, Bo,and many more. Cam the scam. Only once have you had back to back 10 win seasons. Ever crack open facts? This Famibly page is awesome.

Let a uater speak. They always show their complete stupidity...

Let a uater speak. They always show their complete stupidity...

How nice a new uater shows up to display complete idiocy. Apparently he's scared of Auburn so he comes here throws out some elementary smack to make himself feel good about himself. Only a total loser goes to a rival message board only to insult people. Congrats on being that loser dude.

Now, Think about it for a second tim. What else can they show? Their entire pathetic life is hinged on the success of a football team. It's literally all most of them have. They had to inflate their ego and status to feel better about themselves, so they create fake titles they never won. Notice there isn't one mention that there's only one team out there that has beaten uat more often than Auburn. ONLY one. When you know who that is, you know why the uat administration did everything they could to undermine our success (and this one other school). The same bot at uat that just recently shut down the uab football program like they've been trying to do for years. After blocking coaching hires, stadium builds, etc... they finally got what they wanted. They shut down a football program that was never going to be a threat to anybody in the SEC or any other major conferences. They must be so proud. Of course they are, they got their way and they've got their fake titles to make them feel good about their pathetic life.

• 5 months later...

Forest Gump got it right.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I think most of us that graduated from either school don't really hate the other school. I don't even have a problem with a lot of Bama fans in general. It's the ignorant "Bammers" that hate anything and everything Auburn whilst idolizing anything and everything Bama, blindly and insanely. It's a nasty blend of ignorance and false arrogance.

I'm not a fan of some UGA fans either, for the very same reasons. Just to put it out there.

:-\

You aren't alone in this. Those idiots do it to most anybody they come across. It's typically the first thing they say when they see Auburn gear. After getting that disgusting taunt one day, I asked him, "why did you feel the need to say that to me"? He said, "because you had that Auburn stuff on" I said: "Wouldn't it be better used with someone that's actually a fan of your school rather than someone that clearly isn't? (no response). I continued:. "I'm sorry you feel so insecure in yourself that you have to use that saying to taunt rival fans". He grumbled something (and typically unintelligible) and walked away...

I don't typically get that crap from fans of other schools. While florida and florida state fans are generally a**holes, they don't taunt you incessantly like the uaters do. Ftr, I loathe every aspect of that cesspool university. Nothing good has ever come out of that horrid place except the interstate.

You aren't alone in this. Those idiots do it to most anybody they come across. It's typically the first thing they say when they see Auburn gear. After getting that disgusting taunt one day, I asked him, "why did you feel the need to say that to me"? He said, "because you had that Auburn stuff on" I said: "Wouldn't it be better used with someone that's actually a fan of your school rather than someone that clearly isn't? (no response). I continued:. "I'm sorry you feel so insecure in yourself that you have to use that saying to taunt rival fans". He grumbled something (and typically unintelligible) and walked away...

I don't typically get that crap from fans of other schools. While florida and florida state fans are generally a**holes, they don't taunt you incessantly like the uaters do. Ftr, I loathe every aspect of that cesspool university. Nothing good has ever come out of that horrid place except the interstate.

WarTiger, glad you gave that bozo the business. Sometimes you have to hit folks with a dose of reality to set them straight.

I always reply "Round the bowl, down the hole" when they say rawl tahd to me. They never say it again. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

> Because 95% of their fans never stepped on the "rawl tahd" campus or any other campus for that matter.

> Because the beloved "bahr" ran the most corrupt program in the history of college athletics period! I remember suffering through that crap.

> I could care less if they ever win another football game. Even it seemingly helps Auburns ranking. A bammer win of any type never benefits Auburn.

> Because Dyes downfall and most of Auburns problems and issues(past and present) are born in the back room of one prominent B'ham country club.

I always reply "Round the bowl, down the hole" when they say rawl tahd to me. They never say it again. :)

I always just say: I'm not sure why you said that to me. I'm not a fan of your school. I'm sorry that your so insecure that you have to say that to a fan of a rival school instead of sharing it with your own fan base."

I always reply "Round the bowl, down the hole" when they say rawl tahd to me. They never say it again. :)/>

I always just say: I'm not sure why you said that to me. I'm not a fan of your school. I'm sorry that your so insecure that you have to say that to a fan of a rival school instead of sharing it with your own fan base."

My dad always replies, "why did you say that to me?". Their response 9/10 times is something along the lines of, "I just like seeing a rise out of y'all".

I just say, "Ok." That usually gets the reaction I expect.

That's pretty much my only reply. Or just ignore them completely. Not going to give them any sort of satisfaction that they're desperately looking for.

I just say, "Ok." That usually gets the reaction I expect.

That's pretty much my only reply. Or just ignore them completely. Not going to give them any sort of satisfaction that they're desperately looking for.

Last time this happened I was on vacation and had gotten several "War Eagle!" crys as I wore an AU shirt most days. Was headed to our room and a bamzo gives me the 2 dirty words with a condescending grin (is there any other face they can say those words with?) and I said, "Ok." He got real confused and his buddy with him just busted out laughing at him. It was just what I wanted to happen.

I think I will start asking them if they know where they got the name Crimson Tide (and hence their battle cry). It seems it was originated by a sports writer after a game in 1907 against Auburn that ended in a 6-6 tie. If they don't know, I'll tell them and then ask why they would celebrate a moral victory? At least it will make them think, something they have a hard time doing.