2015 3* CB Chris Westry (Kentucky signee)

CameronCrazy

I thought FL offered Westry back when we did and he of course choose here. Not sure why no interest now if that is even why they are rescheduling/canceling his visit. I liked the potential of Westry. I hope he still ends up at AU

Was not a commiable offer from UF.

Westry thought it was:

http://auburn.247spo...rrival-34052542

Most kids think most offers are commitable. Reality behind the scenes is often different.

Why would Muschamp have made ANY kind of offer to a CB that simply didn't fit his system?

I think it was commitable. I know those sites were wrong about two players in the past for a fact.

specifics.

Don't feel like arguing about it, just a recruit that I read on here that said he didn't have a commitable offer from us after he signed with someone else and I know for a fact he did. I also knew one recruit was posted on here and it was reported his recruiter was a particular coach and his recruiter was a different coach. It's moot and I'm not insulting anybody I'm just saying the very fine details and specifics aren't always right from pay sites. And it takes you being in a close situation where it happens to be somebody you know and you see how little things doesn't always be true.

Edited by cole256

I thought FL offered Westry back when we did and he of course choose here. Not sure why no interest now if that is even why they are rescheduling/canceling his visit. I liked the potential of Westry. I hope he still ends up at AU

Was not a commiable offer from UF.

Westry thought it was:

http://auburn.247spo...rrival-34052542

Most kids think most offers are commitable. Reality behind the scenes is often different.

Why would Muschamp have made ANY kind of offer to a CB that simply didn't fit his system?

Excellent point. It's just barely, slightly, almost borderline possible that the kid is saying exactly what the case is.

Sometimes it's as simple as saying, we have a new coach who prefers a different kind of athlete and you may not see much playing time the next 4 years. That would be enough to make me start looking at other schools.

Guys, WM has pretty much started from scratch on the D recruiting. Going to be some changes so get ready. And E is right on the UF offer. Don't know if WM wants Westry or not and that this will be worked out next week.

First off, I really hope we don't pull this guy's scholarship offer. I just don't think that is what Auburn is all about. Secondly, WHY DOES THIS GUY NOT PLAY WR?? He's 6'5 and runs a 4.4...

First off, I really hope we don't pull this guy's scholarship offer. I just don't think that is what Auburn is all about. Secondly, WHY DOES THIS GUY NOT PLAY WR?? He's 6'5 and runs a 4.4...

Typical answer is 'Stone Hands'. Not saying that is the case here, but typically that is why.

A guy that has those kind of assets you would think there is some place on the team he could play. It's funny you mention WR because I had the same thought even before this all came up. I wonder if he has the hands for it because he sure has the size and speed. Edited by IronMan70

Looks like we're set on letting a guy go be a stud somewhere else while we talk about why he couldn't be good at our school.....

Looks like we're set on letting a guy go be a stud somewhere else while we talk about why he couldn't be good at our school.....

Personally, I'll choose rely on the judgement of those responsible for the product they put on the field. No second guessing necessary IMO, WM knows what he needs to fit his system. Dontcha think?

Lol like you did when they had Frazier at qb? Don't come at me with that everybody has opinions and this is mine and you express yours when there are things you don't agree with....

That's a recurring trend that we tend to keep doing. Got a feeling that this kid is gonna SHINE somewhere else

Maybe. Could be cuz he fits better in someone else's system.

My question is this ... The running discussion earlier in this thread was he was first offered by CWM then auburn. Commitable or not, CWM saw something he liked at one time. I would assume he fit but did something change?

Lol like you did when they had Frazier at qb? Don't come at me with that everybody has opinions and this is mine and you express yours when there are things you don't agree with....

We're talking about recruiting genius, NOT players already on the roster. Do you know the difference or just want to change the subject? We can discuss KF if thats where you want to go. I didn't say anything about opinions. i simply stated, I'll defer to those held responsible for the product they put on the field. IOW, its really not my problem, its the coaches' problem who are doing the recruiting. What is it about that you dont understand?

Got a feeling that this kid is gonna SHINE somewhere else

What position will he play? The likelihood of Westry becoming a "stud" corner at his height is extremely low. Furthermore; this kid is extremely raw and underdeveloped.

The problem I have is that this kid has no set position. He "plays" corner, but that doesn't mean he'll actually be able to cover an SEC receiver. You know how many 6'4/6'5 corners there are out there? Next to none. There is a reason for that. I'd like to believe that if Westry was some huge exception to the rule that we wouldn't be his only major offer.

I'm thinking if they are saying he's 6'4"-6'5" I'm thinking he's actually more around 6'2"-6'3". There are a couple of corners that size. If he has the frame he could easily move to safety.

I'm thinking if they are saying he's 6'4"-6'5" I'm thinking he's actually more around 6'2"-6'3". There are a couple of corners that size. If he has the frame he could easily move to safety.

Nope. Take a look at this pic; Garner's listed height during his playing days was 6'2. He's probably shrunk some since then given his age, but notice as well that he's wearing shoes whereas Westry is in socks and yet is still noticeably taller by several inches. He looks legitimately 6'4.

B4IStOBCMAAe2ov.jpg

Well if that's the case and he can't play corner move him to safety like I said, and that's if he can't play corner.

Well if that's the case and he can't play corner move him to safety like I said, and that's if he can't play corner.

I say let Boom and Westry work this out next week.

Boom and T-Rob are more worried about the DL this week and are focusing on that right now.

I would assume he fit but did something change?

I think Boom sees him as a safety prospect from everything I've seen. If true and looking at the visitor schedule and who they want to visit there is likely 2 on Boom's board who he feels is a better fit. Namely Torence Gibson from WDE's posts (visiting this weekend) and Tim Irvin who the staff is feverishly working on to try to get him to visit this weekend. If they get him to visit the chances are very good we flip Irvin from Texas as a safety/nickel recruit.

I would assume he fit but did something change?

I think Boom sees him as a safety prospect from everything I've seen. If true and looking at the visitor schedule and who they want to visit there is likely 2 on Boom's board who he feels is a better fit. Namely Torence Gibson from WDE's posts (visiting this weekend) and Tim Irvin who the staff is feverishly working on to try to get him to visit this weekend. If they get him to visit the chances are very good we flip Irvin from Texas as a safety/nickel recruit.

This. Irving would get Westry spot. FWIW.

And as already posted there is 1 maybe 2 safety targets Boom feels is a better fit. These coaches' livelihoods are based on Ws and Ls. Boom nor any coach should feel pressured by the team's fans or anybody else to keep a kid he does not feel is the best fit nor he was not apart of the commitment the kid made before the coach arrived. No I'm not saying pull a kid's offer but given the coach's livelihood is at stake he is free to tell a kid to look around that he feels is not the best fit. Every kid that may possibly move on will get a quality free education somewhere else. See Jordan Wilkins from 2 years ago whom Gus told to look around. He landed nicely at Ole Miss. Don't worry about the kids. They'll be fine.

I can't imagine Gibson being a better safety than him. But of course the coaches should do what they want. I like the kids film personally, but I admit this guy is all Auburn was going to stick with us though tough times hate to see him lose his offer if that really happens. There must be question about him putting on weight I imagine

There must be question about him putting on weight I imagine

I think you are trying to look for an answer you feel may be some what calid in your mind. It's much more likely Boom sees Irvin and Gibson as better fits or athletes to play safety.

There must be question about him putting on weight I imagine

I think you are trying to look for an answer you feel may be some what calid in your mind. It's much more likely Boom sees Irvin and Gibson as better fits or athletes to play safety.

Gibson is an elite athlete. Nick Marshall elite but taller.

And I love me some Nick Marshall.