Florida vs. Alabama

AUTUmike

One of Alabama's starting safety is out for the first half due to a 2nd half targeting penalty against Southern Miss. This could be a big blow for an already sub-par secondary facing a team that passes well. I'm curious to see what the betting lines open at tomorrow. I think UF could actually make this a tough game against UAT. Hopefully Vernon Hargreaves will shadow Amari Cooper the whole game.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not expecting bama to have much trouble with FL, but I could be wrong. I've seen nothing yet to impress me about FL. If FL does manage to actually beat bama, then bama is in for a lot of trouble this season.

Kentucky taking UF to 3OT might just work out well. Bama now thinks they can beat Fla by just showing up, and Fla is hungry to prove they're better than they looked against Ky. Potential upset?

The Hargreaves vs Cooper matchup will be fun to watch. But I just don't see Florida pulling the upset. It will be close, but I think Alabama loses 2-3 games later in the season.

I don't know but it appeared that Coach Muschamp and the UF team may have taken KY a little lightly. They played a pretty generic game from what I saw which was not the entire game. Could they have been looking forward a bit in their preparation for KY?

From what I saw out a 3 overtime game win from Florida over Kentucky, I would say Florida has not improved very much from last year. In reality, the refs missed the delay of game call that kept Florida in the game on 4th and 7. If they had made that call correctly, Kentucky may have won this game before the overtimes.

Bama will have no problem taking care of Florida and the media will use this to prove Bama belongs at the top with Florida State. Bama has not played anyone and will not until their sixth game. Muschamp is on the hotseat for real after this game and the shellacking that Florida will take from Bama.

I see the final score something like this:

Alabama : 42

Florida: 17

The good news about Florida's less than stellar game is that it will make many of the recruits leaning to Florida (like Holland), take a serious look at moving away from Florida and toward AU.

The bamaham media will build this game up as much as possible. They feel the need, and pressure from rec, to prop this mediocre team up at all cost. This will be a horrible game and painful to watch.

The bamaham media will build this game up as much as possible. They feel the need, and pressure from rec, to prop this mediocre team up at all cost. This will be a horrible game and painful to watch.

Correctomundo.. The media will hype this game up, stating that Florida is a legitimate contender for the SEC East when in reality, they are little more than a Kentucky team. Bama will beat them by 21 or more points and Bammer will suddenly be the team to beat in 2014.

Bama can keep playing teams that don't make them any better for all I care. We'll play good teams and improve every week and by the time the Tahd roll around we'll break their disgusting hearts again.

Correctomundo.. The media will hype this game up, stating that Florida is a legitimate contender for the SEC East when in reality, they are little more than a Kentucky team. Bama will beat them by 21 or more points and Bammer will suddenly be the team to beat in 2014.

No correction required. We agree...

It's hard to thoroughly assess either team at this point in the season given the competition they've faced.

Fair questions to ask after yesterday evening:

Is UK much improved? Or, is UF just back to being a middle-of-the-pack East team?

Bama looks to still have a few issues in the secondary. Will this season's team be good enough to overcome it? And better yet, can UF move the ball effectively through the air to exploit that weakness?

Alabama should win the game, although not by a runaway margin. Say around 37 - 24.

Kentucky has definitely improved. They play with a different mindset this season, and a little more confidence. The new coach is doing a great job with what he has, and in the future they could be a really good team.

Florida is barely hanging on to respectability. Last night was almost a panic induced effort. I hate it for CWM. Maybe that scare is enough to inspire the Gator team out of the funk it's been in lately. I hope so. I'd love to see FL take bammer down.

Kentucky has definitely improved. They play with a different mindset this season, and a little more confidence. The new coach is doing a great job with what he has, and in the future they could be a really good team.

Florida is barely hanging on to respectability. Last night was almost a panic induced effort. I hate it for CWM. Maybe that scare is enough to inspire the Gator team out of the funk it's been in lately. I hope so. I'd love to see FL take bammer down.

I would love it but I don't see it. Muschamp is just in over his head at UF. He's a good DC but, at least right now, he's not head coach material.

I would love it but I don't see it. Muschamp is just in over his head at UF. He's a good DC but, at least right now, he's not head coach material.

I really don't see it either....but bammer is in a strange place too with their own team. On any given Saturday things can happen. I don't expect it but it would be fun to watch the meltdown. Honestly....the FL-UK game was actually kind of entertaining because UK gave it all they had. So far this season has been a little boring with all the blowouts.

Bama can keep playing teams that don't make them any better for all I care. We'll play good teams and improve every week and by the time the Tahd roll around we'll break their disgusting hearts again.

So a team who struggles against UK is a bad team, but a team that almost loses to Iowa St is a good team? Reality distortion field alert...

Still not sold on Driskel. He's had the misfortune of suffering through musical chairs with offensive coordinators, never having a chance to mature and develop in any one system.

Still not sold on Driskel. He's had the misfortune of suffering through musical chairs with offensive coordinators, never having a chance to mature and develop in any one system.

I'm not either. Driskel is a LOT like Coker - really live arm, can make all the throws, and spins it really well - but when the lights come on and it's game time, he just doesn't show that "it" factor it takes to be truly effective as an SEC QB.

So a team who struggles against UK is a bad team, but a team that almost loses to Iowa St is a good team? Reality distortion field alert...

What "good team" are you talking about?

What "good team" are you talking about?

Not sure to whom that was directed, since you also quoted me. I wasn't suggesting we've played a bunch of good teams (though we have played against one fantastic offense). The person I replied to was suggesting that Auburn is playing a bunch of good teams, however. And that's simply not true. Alabama would beat KSU by 3 TDs, as I suspect AU will too.

How's this for reality: Kansas State is ranked 20th. What's Florida ranked?

Archived