Florida vs. Alabama

AUTUmike

Bama can keep playing teams that don't make them any better for all I care. We'll play good teams and improve every week and by the time the Tahd roll around we'll break their disgusting hearts again.

So a team who struggles against UK is a bad team, but a team that almost loses to Iowa St is a good team? Reality distortion field alert...

How's this for reality: Kansas State is ranked 20th. What's Florida ranked?

What was Ohio St ranked two weeks ago? Good job though, touting those preseason polls.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Muschamp is just in over his head at UF. He's a good DC but, at least right now, he's not head coach material.

Perhaps all he needs is Gus Malzahn as offensive coordinator and Cam Newton as QB? ;)

Bama can keep playing teams that don't make them any better for all I care. We'll play good teams and improve every week and by the time the Tahd roll around we'll break their disgusting hearts again.

So a team who struggles against UK is a bad team, but a team that almost loses to Iowa St is a good team? Reality distortion field alert...

What was Ohio St ranked two weeks ago? Good job though, touting those preseason polls.

Go look at Bama's schedule and then look at Auburn's. If you can't look at ours and say that it is without a doubt much more difficult, then you need help. Kansas State is coached by a solid staff, they have good players, and are generally competitive every year. Oh and we're playing them on the road. Florida comes in having had a losing record the year before and the same coaching staff with only one game played this season (1/3 the game experience as other teams). Oh and you get them at home. Kansas State at home > Florida on the road.

I saw the gators in person last night. They have no chance against Bammer. They got no push up front from their DL and Driscoll is as erratic as ever. Looks great one play and awful the next. They have one good back (Jones) and a good receiver (Robinson) and one great DB (Hargraves) but otherwise I was not impressed. The OL was not getting much push on the KY DL and the DL was not doing anything against the KY OL. The KY QB was just standing back their picking their secondary apart with the exception of Hargraves.

One good DB cannot cover all those Bammer receivers and I look for Sims to have a career day. Driscoll might do a little damage but he is just too erratic for them to put on sustained drives against the Bammer D.

Guest jojo1515

Your constant condescending holier than thou posts are tired. Typical turd....ignore the big picture and argue one tiny little part and assume it makes you right. From now on I will call you Nancy because you argue just like Nancy Pelosi.

The bamaham media will build this game up as much as possible. They feel the need, and pressure from rec, to prop this mediocre team up at all cost. This will be a horrible game and painful to watch.

Correctomundo.. The media will hype this game up, stating that Florida is a legitimate contender for the SEC East when in reality, they are little more than a Kentucky team. Bama will beat them by 21 or more points and Bammer will suddenly be the team to beat in 2014.

And remember, Coker was on the preseason darkhorse list for the Heisman...

Man, that took a lot of self control to type and not lmao...lol

And if the line is Bama -16, i am going to take the tide.

UF D will keep it close until late in the 3rd or early in the 4th.

But i give the Gators zero chance in this one.

It is sad to say, but i really do miss the days when Florida was a great competitor and we looked forward to playing them every year.

My take is that I don't EXPECT a Florida victory but I'm not going to be too quick to dismiss the possibility either.

Exh A. - USCe vs aTm.....USCe vs thUGA

Exh B. - USCw vs Stanford....USCw vs BC

Exh C. - VT vs tOSU....VT vs Directional Carolina not named "North" or "South"

The early returns on this college football season lead me to believe that the old adage of "anything can happen" is never more true than this season.

No, UF did not look great in beating UK but they DID step up when they had to and beat, what I believe, may possibly be the most improved team in the nation, let alone the SEC. I thought UK came into that game with confidence and playmakers. They came to play for real and I don't discount that (not to mention the UF looking ahead to uat factor).

I have seen nothing with either teams' early games that tells me that uat is THAT much better than Florida. What the heck. I talked myself into it...maybe I DO expect a UF victory after all....I'll even go out on a limb and say that I believe UF pulls the upset by a FG.

My take is that I don't EXPECT a Florida victory but I'm not going to be too quick to dismiss the possibility either.

Exh A. - USCe vs aTm.....USCe vs thUGA

Exh B. - USCw vs Stanford....USCw vs BC

Exh C. - VT vs tOSU....VT vs Directional Carolina not named "North" or "South"

The early returns on this college football season lead me to believe that the old adage of "anything can happen" is never more true than this season.

No, UF did not look great in beating UK but they DID step up when they had to and beat, what I believe, may possibly be the most improved team in the nation, let alone the SEC. I thought UK came into that game with confidence and playmakers. They came to play for real and I don't discount that (not to mention the UF looking ahead to uat factor).

I have seen nothing with either teams early games that tells me that uat is THAT much better than Florida. What the heck...maybe I DO expect a UF victory after all....I'll even go out on a limb and say that I believe UF pulls the upset by a FG.

I picked Alabama but I can't think of a time when I would ever be happier than now to be wrong.

I think UF is a lot like Carolina - not as bad as they seem, but not as good as they've shown in other games. They've put up gobs of points against lesser competition, but really struggled against UK the first half. Their offense warmed up the second half, and they've clearly got athletes at every position. But I don't think they're "there" yet. They might be by year's end, but right now I don't think they're glued together enough to beat Alabama on the road.

Bama wins, but they don't cover.

Yes UA wins, but I was surprised that Sou Miss made 4 seperate drives into UA territory and came away with 4 field goals. A better team will convert some of those into TDs. Maybe UF does.

Yes UA wins, but I was surprised that Sou Miss made 4 seperate drives into UA territory and came away with 4 field goals. A better team will convert some of those into TDs. Maybe UF does.

The replay to that game is on SECN right now - So Miss also was able to get into the backfield and make Alabama punt early... You never know what might happen.

This could be Coker's coming out party guys! He may actually have his helmet on in the first half. #DarkHorse #Heisman

I just don't see a game here. Fl is horrible. Don't buy the bspn hype.

Well based on the last 4 crootin classes uf has the athletes to compete with bamr. But the quality of the player is not producing comparative quality of play.

Hmm I wonder why that seems familiar to me. Where have I seen that before :dunno:;D

I think UF is a lot like Carolina - not as bad as they seem, but not as good as they've shown in other games. They've put up gobs of points against lesser competition, but really struggled against UK the first half. Their offense warmed up the second half, and they've clearly got athletes at every position. But I don't think they're "there" yet. They might be by year's end, but right now I don't think they're glued together enough to beat Alabama on the road.

Pretty much how I see it.

Pretty much how I see it.

I disagree. Bama wins and covers. I think that Florida team would have trouble with Vanderbilt. I'll also happily eat crow if I'm wrong.

Is it still preseason? Dang, I thought it was week three or four already.

Next your going to tell me the Gators needed SEC officiating to help to beat mighty Kentucky in triple overtime.

Kentucky has definitely improved. They play with a different mindset this season, and a little more confidence. The new coach is doing a great job with what he has, and in the future they could be a really good team.

Florida is barely hanging on to respectability. Last night was almost a panic induced effort. I hate it for CWM. Maybe that scare is enough to inspire the Gator team out of the funk it's been in lately. I hope so. I'd love to see FL take bammer down.

Still not sold on Driskel. He's had the misfortune of suffering through musical chairs with offensive coordinators, never having a chance to mature and develop in any one system.

I'm not either. Driskel is a LOT like Coker - really live arm, can make all the throws, and spins it really well - but when the lights come on and it's game time, he just doesn't show that "it" factor it takes to be truly effective as an SEC QB.

Sounds right to me.

I don't think there's much hope for Florida in this game. Unless Bama for some reason decides to go with Coker for most of it. That would be ugly.

Archived