Did ISIS make a major error

cooltigger21

With the execution of a british citiizen has ISIS now done what, so far, proved next to impossible? Have they galvinized the rest of the nations the United States is trying to form into a coalition into actually moving and acting? I don't know but I suspect so. What say you?

That would be good but I doubt it. I think groups like ISIS know this won't happen without strong U.S. leadership. Plus, IMHO, we don't have the will to do what it takes to defeat ISIS.

I can only guess as to the mood of the English over this latest event. Remember, they had the soldier who was brutally murdered in broad day light by unrepentant Muslim thugs, and they've had their own immigration problems w/ Muslims as well.

I can only guess as to the mood of the English over this latest event. Remember, they had the soldier who was brutally murdered in broad day light by unrepentant Muslim thugs, and they've had their own immigration problems w/ Muslims as well.

I don't know what they will do. They brought the immigration problem on themselves by bending over backwards to not offend anyone. They've pretty much long since ceased to be anything resembling the Britain we once knew.

IMO, I think ISIS is under the mistaken impression that such barbaric acts help their position...and no doubt it does attract some extremist Sunni recruits to their ranks. They would also love to use outside military intervention as propaganda in a claim that they are "defending" their world against outside or Western aggression.

I think that's a big mistake. In the long run or the bigger picture, such barbarism is only serving to galvanize the opinion of civilized people around the world--American, European, Asian, even moderate Sunnis and Shia Muslims--against them. It increases the chances of military intervention that will take them down.

The ISIS nut case base likes these public murders and it does attract more nut cases to join them. It does make others in the region out of fear physically leave or convert to the ISIS version of Islam. However it seems the ISIS thugs don't allow much of a chance at conversion.

In the end many of the ISIS leaders and their followers will die for nothing. Others will be hunted down and killed in summary executions for their war crimes by whatever group gains power there.

Wonderful culture stuck in the 13 century.

I don't know what they will do. They brought the immigration problem on themselves by bending over backwards to not offend anyone. They've pretty much long since ceased to be anything resembling the Britain we once knew.

It's an EU problem. Just ask friends and family of Theo van Gogh

Archived