Political correctness has taken over the military

cooltigger21

Agreed. One goal in life should be to rub the morons nose in their own stupidity. Be as politically INCORRECT as possible. :-)

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/11/army-concerned-with-number-of-white-men-leading-co/ This is absurd. Promote the best men regardless of what color they are. No wonder this nation is the way it is.

Who is suggesting they won't?

EDIT: I misread that. I apologize. Fixed now.

Agreed. One goal in life should be to rub the morons nose in their own stupidity. Be as politically INCORRECT as possible. :-)

That's an awful goal. Have you ever considered that it wouldn't make you a very friendly individual?

That's an awful goal. Have you ever considered that it wouldn't make you a very friendly individual?

Not to mention, if it were reciprocated it would make him a very unfriendly individual with a very sore nose.

Not to mention, if it were reciprocated it would make him a very unfriendly individual with a very sore nose.

You know Tex, I largely disagree with you and Ben but I just can't go through life with an attitude like Tim has.

Don't agree with the concept. Best person should lead.

Though what did you guys expect.

Excellent idea. Damn sociologist! I suggest you start right here :Sing: Go get em Tiger.

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/aub-m-footbl-mtt.html

Everytime someone starts "worrying" about something to do with race or gender it inevitably leads to the idea of some kind of quota or lowering of standards. They lowered the standards for pilots to bring women into that job. Before someone comes up and accuses me of being a racist or sexist let me say that I want the best possible persons in charge period. I don't care if they are a woman or if they are black, white or pink purple polkadotted. I don't want anyone put in charge because they have connections either.

The best MH-53 pilot I know is a Female. She made approaches in Liberia that would make your jaw drop.

I think you are falling into the trap set by our "fast-food" news cycle. Every organization looks for ways to diversify their workforce, at all levels. Why should the military be any different. It's no secret that our Officers and Enlisted come from very different socio-economic backgrounds. We should be looking for ways to have more African Americans lead as Officers. Shame on us if we don't. I don't think anyone is advocating lowering standards and it is an absolute fact that African Americans are underrepresented in the Officer Corps.

http://www.armyg1.army.mil/hr/docs/demographics/MRA_booklet_10-ARMY.pdf

Maybe this is a little off topic and off base but I have noticed a large number of Hispanic service members at the military graduations, promotions, etc that I have attended over the last few years. Some of the stats in the pdf files show the commitment of Hispanic Americans. I have left many of those ceremonies over the last few years wondering if newer generation Americans appreciate our great country more than some of us multi-generational Americans.

Archived