Week 4 Polls

RunInRed

Georgia ranked above Carolina in both polls.

Dumb.

And Stanford above USC.

And Ohio State is ranked above Virginia Tech who is ranked above East Carolina.

Yep. Makes sense.

Smartest thing the Committee has done is wait to release their poll. Whether they should have a poll at all is another question. Bu since they are, good for them for waiting.

Dumb.

And Stanford above USC.

Yep. Makes sense.

Smartest thing the Committee has done is wait to release their poll. Whether they should have a poll at all is another question. Bu since they are, good for them for waiting.

I'm just hoping the committee ranks these teams based on this year and what they've seen, not automatically putting Florida State at number 1 because they've beaten two teams that, if they ha a good day, am unranked team could beat, and beating them not very impressively. I'm glad they're waiting but I hope the media influence on these voters is kept low.

Dumb.

And Stanford above USC.

Yep. Makes sense.

I like them having a poll in theory, since it means that they'll be less likely to just pull in a team that was around #8 previously, for a team like Notre Dame who they just really want in

I bet LSU, ole miss, bama, and Tam would donate a kidney to beat Auburn and move into top four. Ouch, our schedule is a killer.

Guarantee me wins against LSU, aTm, UGA, and Bama, and I'll donate a kidney.

I bet LSU, ole miss, bama, and Tam would donate a kidney to beat Auburn and move into top four. Ouch, our schedule is a killer.

Guarantee me wins against LSU, aTm, UGA, and Bama, and I'll donate a kidney.

I'd donate a kidney too. Just not sure WHO's kidney I would donate.... hmm...

Had a UGA fan today tell me that if ISIS and Auburn were playing he'd cheer on ISIS. He was being 65% serious... Also told me that in his mind, they could could go 1-11 and as long as that one win was Auburn he'd be happy.

Had a UGA fan today tell me that if ISIS and Auburn were playing he'd cheer on ISIS. He was being 65% serious... Also told me that in his mind, they could could go 1-11 and as long as that one win was Auburn he'd be happy.

That fan was quoting Harvey, whether he acknowledged/knew it or not.

:no:

AP voter Jon Wilner still unimpressed by Auburn, has the Tigers No. 14, 4 spots lower than any other voter.

@JamesCrepea

AP Voter Jon Wilner is an idiot.

No, not an idiot, just extremely biased.

It seems like as much as anything else he's at least attempting to give teams a huge bump for impressive wins over ranked opponents. His top 3 are Texas A&M, Oregon and LSU. I'm sure if asked about Auburn his point would be that Arky and SJSU aren't nearly as impressive as those other wins. I'd expect a bump if we beat K-State.

I still have plenty of issues with his poll (namely Ok State and Wisconsin being ranked above us along with BYU and others), but that'd be my guess at his reasoning.

Although looking closer, he dropped us from 5 to 12 from last week, so the more I look at this the less I have a clue what on earth is actually going through this guy's head.

I can't believe no one looked this guy up. He writes for a San Jose newspaper... it's either sour grapes or he's making huge assumptions about the fact that we played down to his team a little.

We're the most consistent team in the polls.

Still don't see why Alabama gets so much respect but whatever

I would assume it is because they have been the most consistent team over the past 5 or so years. Love him or hate him saban has his teams in position year in and year out to win the conference

I would assume it is because they have been the most consistent team over the past 5 or so years. Love him or hate him saban has his teams in position year in and year out to win the conference

Anyone who vote this year based on last years results needs to become this years reporter now looking for a job. It's not only is it lazy and absurd, it's a disservice and slap in the face to his fellow reporters and this years kids.

Anyone who vote this year based on last years results needs to become this years reporter now looking for a job. It's not only is it lazy and absurd, it's a disservice and slap in the face to his fellow reporters and this years kids.

Most consistent over the past 5 years. Not just the last one.

Archived