ksu fan perspective

AubTiger14

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite comment thus far:

I just hope we don't overlook them. UTEP looked really solid against Tech, and I could easily see us looking forward to trying to prevent that from becoming a real slobberknocker.

Wow - they certainly think highly of themselves.

How many conference/national titles has LHCBS won? Apparently they don't pay attention to the draft either.

"Get caught looking ahead to UTEP..." :gofig:

Late Edit: Dang, they got me.....Good Job KSU!

I actually took a look at this forum last week and the only thing that I could do is assume that this is a group that, in general, has a wonderful sense of humor.

It's great to be optimistic, and even have high expectations, but to the level these people take it to? It's gotta be meant as a joke.

I can already tell some people won't understand that that thread is supposed to be a joke, so before some of those people react to the trolling I'll link their actual AU game discussion:

http://goemaw.com/fo...p?topic=33006.0

I figured it was a joke but there are a lot of delusional people in this world so you never can be sure.

Oh my. KState seeks out LSU fans as experts on Auburn football? First time I've seen it suggested too that our 10-9 win over LSU in 2004 was a reason we didn't play in the title game that season. I'd kind of been approaching this game like when we played South Florida the first time: capable opponent, hard to gauge the game beforehand, neutral opinion re opposing fan base. I'll revisit this article for our runnup to the LSU game.

http://www.bringonth...tate-auburn-lsu

They think we won't be ready for the rowdy environment at KSU..........since when did KSU become a harder place to play than UGA, LSU, A&M, Bama? We played in the national championship last year. I don't think any kind of pressure, atmosphere, or noise will phase us.

Some of you need to turn on your common sense meter. That was obviously meant as tongue and cheek. Actually their board reminds me of us. Don't know if that's good or bad. :)

Although the real thread is more level headed the K State fans really don't think Auburn's defense will be able to stop them. So many posts about this because they admittedly only watched the 1st half of the AU vs. ARK game. I really hope we throttle them and show them that we are not lucky, average, nor over-hyped.

Although the real thread is more level headed the K State fans really don't think Auburn's defense will be able to stop them. So many posts about this because they admittedly only watched the 1st half of the AU vs. ARK game. I really hope we throttle them and show them that we are not lucky, average, nor over-hyped.

Well considering past history, Auburn is likely to have some troubles, in the first half anyway. Mobile qbs have presented problems and big receivers have as well. It could get interesting for a while. They are going to be jacked up and the place will be rocking. Auburn better be ready to go in and take control. The longer this thing goes with them still hanging around the tougher it will be. Depth will play a role here.

Well considering past history, Auburn is likely to have some troubles, in the first half anyway. Mobile qbs have presented problems and big receivers have as well. It could get interesting for a while. They are going to be jacked up and the place will be rocking. Auburn better be ready to go in and take control. The longer this thing goes with them still hanging around the tougher it will be. Depth will play a role here.

I just have a feeling with the bye week and Coates coming back that we are going to start to have a more complete game instead of a so so 1st half and a dominate 2nd half. Gus seems to always be prepared and Ellis seems to have found our spark on D by putting Gabe and Monty back in the interior. They are going to be like having 2 Fairleys in there. Instead of the pass rush coming from the edge it will be from the middle.

I do think K-State will be tough to stop on their first couple of drives, especially with QB draws but after a few hits from our defenders he may not opt to run as much.

I just have a feeling with the bye week and Coates coming back that we are going to start to have a more complete game instead of a so so 1st half and a dominate 2nd half. Gus seems to always be prepared and Ellis seems to have found our spark on D by putting Gabe and Monty back in the interior. They are going to be like having 2 Fairleys in there. Instead of the pass rush coming from the edge it will be from the middle.

I do think K-State will be tough to stop on their first couple of drives, especially with QB draws but after a few hits from our defenders he may not opt to run as much.

That is better to have against a strong running QB. DE's need to keep contain and not get to far up field

I certainly would love to see that. I know the offense will be fine. I just want to see the defense put together a complete game. If all they do is just make KSU make a sustained drive and not give up a cheap one I'll be fine.

One thing is clear from both the serious thread and the piss-pounding one: they do not think as much of the SEC as they probably should.

Archived