ksu fan perspective

AubTiger14

There are enough screwball football fans out there for about every school that you can never go wrong attributing the basest interpretation to what you see on their blog sites.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why they play the game! I LOVE weeks like this when AU plays a very good non-con opponent! We, as Auburn fans, get to really get a feel where we stack up to "national" competition and it really does feel ausome when AU can "shut them up"!! I suspect that by in large, the KSU fanbase is probably a pretty good one that AU people can get along with. Hopefully we'll both come away from this game with a great measure of respect for one another....but, of course, with KSU fans saying "That Auburn football team is AWESOME!!!". :wareagle:

K. State fans have the hashtag #BeatAuburn on twitter. They are so hyped for Thursday. Students talking about how they can't concentrate in class. I can't wait to burst their bubble on Thursday. lol

Although the real thread is more level headed the K State fans really don't think Auburn's defense will be able to stop them. So many posts about this because they admittedly only watched the 1st half of the AU vs. ARK game. I really hope we throttle them and show them that we are not lucky, average, nor over-hyped.

Well considering past history, Auburn is likely to have some troubles, in the first half anyway. Mobile qbs have presented problems and big receivers have as well. It could get interesting for a while. They are going to be jacked up and the place will be rocking. Auburn better be ready to go in and take control. The longer this thing goes with them still hanging around the tougher it will be. Depth will play a role here.

I just have a feeling with the bye week and Coates coming back that we are going to start to have a more complete game instead of a so so 1st half and a dominate 2nd half. Gus seems to always be prepared and Ellis seems to have found our spark on D by putting Gabe and Monty back in the interior. They are going to be like having 2 Fairleys in there. Instead of the pass rush coming from the edge it will be from the middle.

I do think K-State will be tough to stop on their first couple of drives, especially with QB draws but after a few hits from our defenders he may not opt to run as much.

That is better to have against a strong running QB. DE's need to keep contain and not get to far up field

This is what worries me about our DEs. Waters will feast if we can't keep containment on the outside. K. State goes as Waters goes...offense and defense. He sets the tone for their team as a whole. We will not be able to completely stop him but I would rather him pass than running all over the place.

Although the real thread is more level headed the K State fans really don't think Auburn's defense will be able to stop them. So many posts about this because they admittedly only watched the 1st half of the AU vs. ARK game. I really hope we throttle them and show them that we are not lucky, average, nor over-hyped.

Well considering past history, Auburn is likely to have some troubles, in the first half anyway. Mobile qbs have presented problems and big receivers have as well. It could get interesting for a while. They are going to be jacked up and the place will be rocking. Auburn better be ready to go in and take control. The longer this thing goes with them still hanging around the tougher it will be. Depth will play a role here.

I just have a feeling with the bye week and Coates coming back that we are going to start to have a more complete game instead of a so so 1st half and a dominate 2nd half. Gus seems to always be prepared and Ellis seems to have found our spark on D by putting Gabe and Monty back in the interior. They are going to be like having 2 Fairleys in there. Instead of the pass rush coming from the edge it will be from the middle.

I do think K-State will be tough to stop on their first couple of drives, especially with QB draws but after a few hits from our defenders he may not opt to run as much.

While I'd certainly like to see that happen, and I absolutely believe Auburn has the better team, K-State is far too good an opponent for me to feel that kind of confidence against. Now, don't misunderstand, because I believe the odds are very good for Auburn to control the game from start to finish, but there are so many factors that play into the flow of a game that it's difficult not to see the Wildcats as a more than viable opponent...even if they did struggle to beat Iowa State two weekends ago.

This is way too good not to share...

HAHA... Very nice! I love that term "new traditions".... Guess that means they don't really have any? ...funny.

Actually though... that's a pretty nice guitar riff. Catchy!!

AU might not have too much respect in the media but our opponents sure respect the team.....first Arky and now KSU....their biggest games of the season it seems.

Does it bother anyone that AU will be red circled by most of our opponents this season? That's the real meaning of respect IMO....not what some talking head on BSPN has to say.

This is way too good not to share...

I like how the only part of the mascot that is an animal is the head. Then you have the skinny white guy arms and legs...my brain is having a hard time processing how incomplete this is for a mascot of a school in this day and age.

As far as special effects go even Manimal from the 80's was better than this...and he didn't even have a power towel!

Just reading some of that board, the one labelled "serious", those guys remind me of Arkansas State fans from last year. They truly believed they could compete. They get hung up comparing numbers from different conferences and different years and they completely forget about the recruiting disparity over the past few years. Our athleticism will be more than they can handle.

Fake thread is a great idea - some posters here would have their mind explode unless they knew it was a fake thread and then a few would fit right in anyway.

Fake thread not a "great Idea" kinda dumb if you ask me.

They seem pretty confident for a team that struggled with a bottom of the barrel FBS team in week 2. It would be one thing if they struggled early and destroyed late ala Auburn with Arky, but they barely won. I'm not going to say we will beat them by 50 but I don't see us struggling and it will be at least a double digit win for Auburn.

Furthermore I don't care how loud their fans are, it will not compare to JH, LSU, or even turd stadium for that matter.

Fake thread not a "great Idea" kinda dumb if you ask me.

They seem pretty confident for a team that struggled with a bottom of the barrel FBS team in week 2. It would be one thing if they struggled early and destroyed late ala Auburn with Arky, but they barely won. I'm not going to say we will beat them by 50 but I don't see us struggling and it will be at least a double digit win for Auburn.

Furthermore I don't care how loud their fans are, it will not compare to JH, LSU, or even turd stadium for that matter.

The thread that was linked was a joke thread... They didn't actually think any of that stuff.

Good Lord! What a delusional bunch of ignorant morons.

I haven't seen such arrogant fantasies since Ark St people were so certain they'd mop up the field with Auburn last year.

a 40k stadium is the loudest in the country? J-H is empty with tht few people. Their stadium will be empty by the half.

I've read several KSU fan forums and to me they just seem like very confident fans. They have us coming to their house. They will have the place rocking. Rocking is kind of a loose term since the stadium looks to be the size of Miss St. I checked some stats today and while their offensive line out weighs out defensive line by around 9 lbs, our offensive line out weighs their defensive line by 36. As many players as we rotate, my feeling is, emotion will carry them just so far and then reality will set in. But make no mistake, they will be probably the most disciplined team we play all year, just not the most athletic. You might not be able to lead a horse to Waters and him drink, but I wouldn't mind our defensive line getting a few swigs.

Good Lord! What a delusional bunch of ignorant morons.

I haven't seen such arrogant fantasies since Ark St people were so certain they'd mop up the field with Auburn last year.

a 40k stadium is the loudest in the country? J-H is empty with tht few people. Their stadium will be empty by the half.

I think you should read the rest of this thread.

Archived