ksu fan perspective

AubTiger14

This is way too good not to share...

HAHA... Very nice! I love that term "new traditions".... Guess that means they don't really have any? ...funny.

Actually though... that's a pretty nice guitar riff. Catchy!!

From 2006 Joe Satriani title Crowd Chant

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good Lord! What a delusional bunch of ignorant morons.

I haven't seen such arrogant fantasies since Ark St people were so certain they'd mop up the field with Auburn last year.

a 40k stadium is the loudest in the country? J-H is empty with tht few people. Their stadium will be empty by the half.

I think you should read the rest of this thread.

while that thread may be tongue and cheek, a lot of their comments in the ESPN conversation seem to be from fans who legit think that this will be the most intimidating atmosphere Auburn has faced in quite some time.

Understanding every campus gets excited when a top 5 team's coming to your house, I have to admit I've been scratching my head a bit about the absolute mayhem this game's buildup is apparently causing in Manhattan, KS. Then I started reading things like "this is the first time a non-conference top 5 team has come to Kansas State since Penn State in...1969".

That's stunning IMO. Richard Nixon was in the Whitehouse. They expect a record for their stadium with this game (er, 53,000) that will break the record set when they beat Nebraska in 2001. They're opening gates for this 6:30 PM CT game at...1:30 (!!!). Am I being too LSU-conscious when I aks what gate-security alchohol checks are like there?

We SO need to come out focused in this game and play a good first series.

Understanding every campus gets excited when a top 5 team's coming to your house, I have to admit I've been scratching my head a bit about the absolute mayhem this game's buildup is apparently causing in Manhattan, KS. Then I started reading things like "this is the first time a non-conference top 5 team has come to Kansas State since Penn State in...1969".

That's stunning IMO. Richard Nixon was in the Whitehouse. They expect a record for their stadium with this game (er, 53,000) that will break the record set when they beat Nebraska in 2001. They're opening gates for this 6:30 PM CT game at...1:30 (!!!). Am I being too LSU-conscious when I aks what gate-security alchohol checks are like there?

We SO need to come out focused in this game and play a good first series.

One thing that may (and I say MAY) play in AU's favor is that SO many times, when teams get all geared up for these "game of the century - on our campus, at least" type atmospheres, they almost get TOO fired up and it plays against them. I would not be shocked to see KSU so fired up BEFORE the game that by game time, they run out of gas quickly. And we know what happens to defenses who play against Gus's offense when they run out of fuel...

This is way too good not to share...

HAHA... Very nice! I love that term "new traditions".... Guess that means they don't really have any? ...funny.

Actually though... that's a pretty nice guitar riff. Catchy!!

From 2006 Joe Satriani title Crowd Chant

So it was Satch Boogie! I had no idea... Used to love him but have to admit, my last Satriani CD was Living in a Blue Dream back in 91. He still had 80's hair then, hahah!!

MAN, whatever happened to Guitar Rock?!?

I realize that this is a sarcastic thread, but many serious posts think they can out-physical us and that we won't be ready for the crowd noise. I invite them to please come to Athens and Tuscaloosa in November and see what a tough road game really means.

Can't wait till Thursday

Auburn is coming......

Ha, guys they are confident in their team and that's great. They are, wait for it, FANS. Should they be quivering with fear or something? :) They may not grasp the reality of the situation but that's the beauty of the hope BEFORE the game is played. Now afterwards they are gonna have to deal with reality but that's a different story. Ha!

I realize that this is a sarcastic thread, but many serious posts think they can out-physical us and that we won't be ready for the crowd noise. I invite them to please come to Athens and Tuscaloosa in November and see what a tough road game really means.

Can't wait till Thursday

Auburn is coming......

And TX A&M.

If you want to get your blood boiling for this game (and every SEC game we'll play this year), there's a series of KState artcles called "Know your opponent" in which the mainstream KSU beat writers interview other SEC schools, apparently cultivating only "writers" from those other schools that hate Auburn with every fiber of their existence. I point this out because obviously many Wildcat fans will get their opinions there but also because for folks like me that don't troll other sights, it's at least somewhat mainstream insight into blather other SEC fan bases actually believe about Auburn. These are folks from SEC schools that e.g. started the main UGA fan webpage, highly respected (by LSU fans) bayou-ists, Arky, Texas A & M, etc. Google them.

Fake thread not a "great Idea" kinda dumb if you ask me.

They seem pretty confident for a team that struggled with a bottom of the barrel FBS team in week 2. It would be one thing if they struggled early and destroyed late ala Auburn with Arky, but they barely won. I'm not going to say we will beat them by 50 but I don't see us struggling and it will be at least a double digit win for Auburn.

Furthermore I don't care how loud their fans are, it will not compare to JH, LSU, or even turd stadium for that matter.

The thread that was linked was a joke thread... They didn't actually think any of that stuff.

Yes I know the original post was to a fake thread, but the other thread was serious and many others I have read have been serious. And that was what most of my post was about. The only thing I said about the joke thread was in response to someone wanting us to do one (a joke thread) each week....just no.

This one was my favorite

"ya, i can't wait until the 3rd quarter when the espn announcers start talking about all the problems that auburn is having with cramps and dehydration LOL.gif

you can set a clock to it, folks. teams come into BSFS and the heat and humidity of kansas in the fall and their conditioning just goes out the window. then the whining begins.

this is big boy football kiddos, welcome aboard"

They obviously have never been to Alabama in September... They have no idea what heat and humidity are.

I feel the same way. A lot of tongue in cheek coming across the prairie. I thought the comment about us not seeing a QB like Watters was an interesting statement. I think they should be saying that they have never seen a QB tandem like NM & JJ. This would be far more accurate than otherwise.

I think we will have at least 320 yards rushing with 235 passing to put the cherry on top of the icing. KSU will not have more than 330 yards combined.

Their kindness as you mention is probably why I went overboard on the Lookalike thread this week....enjoy! :jossun:

Archived