Kansas State Yik Yak

AUEngineer2016

I don't know how many of y'all are familiar with it, but Yik Yak is a service similar to twitter that allows you to annonimously lets you post something with a certain amount of characters that can be seen and is grouped together with posts from your area. You are only allowed to post stuff from your area.

With that said, I had a look over the fence and read the K-State Yik Yak today, and I was utterly dismayed. There was the normal kind of trash talk saying that they were going to beat us, but then they brought things like Lutz and the Toomers trees into it. One post I read said "I guess Satan really needed a Tight End so he went and drafted one from Auburn". Another said "I bet Lutz wrecked the car on purpose because he realized that he played for Auburn". Other posts included homophobic slurs at both Lutz and CGM, as well as demeaning and deraggatory posts about CGMs family and Auburn students in general.

I had a little respect for K State going into this week. They seemed like they were kinda similar to us, as they used the "K State Family" moniker and ran a shotgun power run offense, but not anymore. I understand this is football and we all get kinda passionate about it, but there's a line, and that was VERY clearly over it. I hope that we beat them by as many points as possible and embarrass them.

That is disheartening to hear that people would bring those things up. However, is this really a true representation of the K-State fan base or just a segment of it that is contained within the Yik Yak service? It reminds me of forums for things like video game where the only people posting are the negative ones which doesn't come close to representing the majority of people who play the game. I'm guessing that the majority of K-State fans would be just as appalled as we would be if we had AU fans doing something similar. All fan-bases have those idiots we don't want to be associated with and that includes AU.

That is disheartening to hear that people would bring those things up. However, is this really a true representation of the K-State fan base or just a segment of it that is contained within the Yik Yak service? It reminds me of forums for things like video game where the only people posting are the negative ones which doesn't come close to representing the majority of people who play the game. I'm guessing that the majority of K-State fans would be just as appalled as we would be if we had AU fans doing something similar. All fan-bases have those idiots we don't want to be associated with and that includes AU.

I understand that, and there were some posts condemning the Lutz comments, but the majority was just slander against all things Auburn, not just associated with football.

I understand that, and there were some posts condemning the Lutz comments, but the majority was just slander against all things Auburn, not just associated with football.

right but look where you found them, on an anonymous posting site. I would be willing to bet that the majority of posts there regarding ANYTHING are just a load of garbage. I'm not defending those comments by the way, which are still horrible.

These are all students, but not too many are taking it too far.

Hearing something like this from a KState fan doesn't fire me up near as much as hearing it from a bama or uga fan. We hardly play them in any sport so they have no reason to hate us and vice versa. Those comments were probably posted by a bama fan. I couldn't name one player on their team and outside of Nick Marshall and maybe Samie Coats it is probably the same for them.

Hearing something like this from a KState fan doesn't fire me up near as much as hearing it from a bama or uga fan. We hardly play them in any sport so they have no reason to hate us and vice versa. Those comments were probably posted by a bama fan. I couldn't name one player on their team and outside of Nick Marshall and maybe Samie Coats it is probably the same for them.

http://www.bringonthecats.com/2014-k-state-football/2014/9/14/6139025/kansas-state-football-knowing-your-enemy-louisiana-state-auburn-lsu

Looks like mainstream KState sources are also manufacturing reasons to "hate" us. I mean, your source is an LSU fan? Really?

right but look where you found them, on an anonymous posting site. I would be willing to bet that the majority of posts there regarding ANYTHING are just a load of garbage. I'm not defending those comments by the way, which are still horrible.

Probably bammers.

http://www.bringonth...tate-auburn-lsu

Looks like mainstream KState sources are also manufacturing reasons to "hate" us. I mean, your source is an LSU fan? Really?

I guess whatever works for them. If it helps get them fired up... I mean, at least they have some "rivals" to choose from from uat, thUGA, LSU, UF, UT, Ole Miss even such out of conference foes as GT, Clemson, FSU all have some historical relevence.

As for AU looking to find KSU rivals to get good "reasons to hate them" from for football you have Kansas and ..... and..... and....?

http://www.bringonthecats.com/2014-k-state-football/2014/9/14/6139025/kansas-state-football-knowing-your-enemy-louisiana-state-auburn-lsu

"Auburn fans are loud, drunk, and obnoxious..." Seems to me a case of the pot calling the kettle black....

ROTFLMAO!!! LSU probably ranks as our third biggest rival these days (of course, that's only because SEC expansion has neutered the AU-Florida rivalry), whereas whomever this is quite obviously thinks a great deal of Auburn, even if he does detest us: "LSU’s Golden Age is built on beating Auburn."

"Auburn fans are loud, drunk, and obnoxious..." Seems to me a case of the pot calling the kettle black....

....says the LSU fan?.... HA!

LSU has an entire mythology of their stadium based on "night games" which are so big a deal because of why? Loud, drunk and obnoxious fans... D'OH!! :homer:

It's worse than that. I've lived in Alabama most of my life, with about a two year stay in Macon, Ga, and I worked down on the Louisiana coastline after the oil spill for a company based out of Arkansas, so I've had at least somewhat extensive experience with fans of UAT, UGA, Arkansas, and LSU...and LSU fans are the worst, at least when they are drinking and in groups of more than two. (When sober, they tend to be alright, but sobriety is not common for the Bayou Bengals.) Georgia fans are essentially Bama fans without all the championships to back up their swagger, and Arkansas fans are busy convincing themselves that Petrino simply got them back where they should have been all along, at least when they aren't talking smack about how much better their offensive system is than ours.

But LSU fans, as a unit, are about as bad as the worst of the bammer bunch...remember, this is a group that got to rocking Auburn's team bus to the point of nearly tipping it over after a game we lost in Baton Rouge...

My only time ever questioning my own safety at a sporting event was in Red Stick in '93. The fact that we soundly whipped their a**es didn't make life any easier out on the town that night.

As for drunk, obnoxious fans... (sorry, couldn't figure out how to imbed a vine)

https://vine.co/v/OaIBLYA9rQt/embed

Yik Yak is an absolutely horrible measure of a fanbase or population. It's worse than normal anonymous internet musings - which are already bad.

For the most part, KSU fans are pretty good. I wouldn't judge their fanbase on Yik Yak. That's one of the most vile apps in the app store. And it just fuels the worst parts of humanity to come to the surface.

An LSU fan who admitted to chasing down an old woman on crutches and screaming obscenities at her, because she said "drink up the loss". That's a credible source. Add to that the fact that LSU has a reputation of being the kind of place where you don't want to wear your school colors, after a win, because you might get hurt, and we all know what kind of a source that guy really is.

Archived