Another BenGhazi Bombshell

Proud Tiger

There have been no answers except the constant parade of lies and bs that has been spread by this administration.

Are the investigations and their conclusions part of a broader conspiracy? Does it go beyond the administration?

Dude lighten up on the black helicopter questions. What conspiracy? I think the American people have a right to know where Hillary Clinton and BHO were that night and why were they, seemingly, so eager to support a false narrative? These questions haven't been answered nor has it been disclosed who gave the stand down order to the defense contractors that night who were hired to protect the American consulate in Benghazi?

There are significant questions that have still not been answered. The left wants to make it all about politics but dont seem to realize it has always been all about politics. The event occurred in the home stretch of the Presidential election year. The false narrative was political and it has been exposed for what it is. Saying its just about politics for the republicans is quite ironic and laughable.

Sounds like we agree. So why is it "ironic and laughable" if I say it?

Because you weren't saying it was all about politics when BHO was trotting out State Dept minions with a false narrative that wouldn't upset his Bin Ladin is dead and Al Qaeda has been decimated propaganda

What false narrative?

And I don't recall any "Al Qaeda has been decimated" statements made in conjunction with this incident.

Are you being intentionally obtuse again? The whole 'spontaneous reaction to a video" narrative that was used to hide the failures of this admin in their handling of the Benghazi disaster. THAT false narrative,obviously, was a political ploy used to create a scenario that minimized the truth and concealed from clearer view the broader policy failures of BHO foreign policy as a whole. He was trying to win re-election and that whole assessment was precious little more than damage control to that reelection bid.

Did they not abandon that narrative as more information was accumulated?

After the election was won? LOL...yeah since it no longer served their purposes they eventually eased up on the blatant lying.

Are you sure about that timeline? I think you are wrong.

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/10/benghazi-timeline/

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AUUSN....

Can you state for a fact that anyone in congress knows what Panetta told Obama? I do know what a non-disclosure agreement is but don't think that applies to congressional oversight of national security.One person I have heard make the point about Panetta several times is Col. Oliver North and I think he has forgotten more about this than you or I ever knew.

LtCol North I would imagine knows a lot about clandestine gun running schemes. See where I'm going with this?

Lt. Col. North did lie to congress, but given today's liberal interpretation of lies by the current administration, what difference does it make?

Maybe we should get back to the thread topic of Benghazi aye?

Good, we have a new moderator, self appointed. Go get em SAM.

There have been no answers except the constant parade of lies and bs that has been spread by this administration.

Are the investigations and their conclusions part of a broader conspiracy? Does it go beyond the administration?

Dude lighten up on the black helicopter questions. What conspiracy? I think the American people have a right to know where Hillary Clinton and BHO were that night and why were they, seemingly, so eager to support a false narrative? These questions haven't been answered nor has it been disclosed who gave the stand down order to the defense contractors that night who were hired to protect the American consulate in Benghazi?

There are significant questions that have still not been answered. The left wants to make it all about politics but dont seem to realize it has always been all about politics. The event occurred in the home stretch of the Presidential election year. The false narrative was political and it has been exposed for what it is. Saying its just about politics for the republicans is quite ironic and laughable.

Because you weren't saying it was all about politics when BHO was trotting out State Dept minions with a false narrative that wouldn't upset his Bin Ladin is dead and Al Qaeda has been decimated propaganda

What false narrative?

And I don't recall any "Al Qaeda has been decimated" statements made in conjunction with this incident.

Are you being intentionally obtuse again? The whole 'spontaneous reaction to a video" narrative that was used to hide the failures of this admin in their handling of the Benghazi disaster. THAT false narrative,obviously, was a political ploy used to create a scenario that minimized the truth and concealed from clearer view the broader policy failures of BHO foreign policy as a whole. He was trying to win re-election and that whole assessment was precious little more than damage control to that reelection bid.

After the election was won? LOL...yeah since it no longer served their purposes they eventually eased up on the blatant lying.

http://www.factcheck...ghazi-timeline/

Of course you think Im wrong. In your world, that assumption is generally expected and predictable. I dont think I am.

What false narrative?

LMAO. Ol Homer is always dependable on the excusing lies of his master. The bastards knew it wasn't a video from day one and continued to lie about it on 5 Sunday shows and at the UN. These dumb SOB's are so incompetent that to discuss it is like trying to herd cats, especially when the low IQ'ers prop them up with more lies. These clowns are fiddling while a incredibly serious threat grows in the Middle East and it will much more difficult to cleanse when and if an adult is elected in 2016.

What false narrative?

Of course you think Im wrong. In your world, that assumption is generally expected and predictable. I dont think I am.

Well forget me. The facts indicate you are wrong. (See timeline above.)

My two bits:

1) Whether Susan Rice knew she was lying or not at the time we will never know. She has a ruined name wherever she goes from here. She went on 5 shows and laid out a meme that was clearly about one and only one thing: Saving the election in 2012. I dont care what anyone else thinks, she should not have gone out there and with "all certainty" said what was later clearly shown to be complete BS.

2) We had assets exposed where we could not protect them. This shows a lack of good leadership. You do not put assets like an Ambassador out in harm's way and not expect bad things to happen.

3) Looking back, we can all see that the Obama Administration, White House and State Department, were and are completely lost on EVALUATING the threat of jihadi terrorism.

Terrorism is not on the run.

It is more powerful than ever.

It is better financed than ever.

It has better weaponry than ever.

It is better organized than ever.

It is a bigger threat than ever.

That is not winning the War on Terror.

Only the Carter Admin will be remembered for doing a worse job in the ME.

Truth hurts.

We should never have gone into Iraq.

We should have been using the Dept of Energy to get off of imported oil far more vigorously since 1973. THAT was its mission. It has failed dramatically.

We should be going all out on Energy Independence right now and we arent. DC's leadership on this has been an EPIC FAILURE.

Let's assume all of that is true. So why are we having more investigations if it's not for purely political reasons?

What false narrative?

LMAO. Ol Homer is always dependable on the excusing lies of his master. The bastards knew it wasn't a video from day one and continued to lie about it on 5 Sunday shows and at the UN. These dumb SOB's are so incompetent that to discuss it is like trying to herd cats, especially when the low IQ'ers prop them up with more lies. These clowns are fiddling while a incredibly serious threat grows in the Middle East and it will much more difficult to cleanse when and if an adult is elected in 2016.

So tell me what is the critical piece of information you expect the Benghazi hearings to uncover and what will that accomplish regarding the current threat.

What false narrative?

So tell me what is the critical piece of information you expect the Benghazi hearings to uncover and what will that accomplish regarding the current threat.

The truth would seem to be critical but maybe that's just me.

What false narrative?

The investigation is not about any current threat. I would like to know who issued the stand down order. I would very much like to know where Hillary and BHO were that night as neither were in the situation room. I would like to know the real reasons for lying to the American people about a spontaneous reaction to a video. I would like to know why Amb. Stevens requests for additional security was denied. There is a lot of questions that need answering. I would like to why the ARB appointed by Hillary scrubbed the documents and refused to release so many of them to the House oversight committee.

What false narrative?

The investigation is not about any current threat. I would like to know who issued the stand down order. I would very much like to know where Hillary and BHO were that night as neither were in the situation room. I would like to know the real reasons for lying to the American people about a spontaneous reaction to a video. I would like to know why Amb. Stevens requests for additional security was denied. There is a lot of questions that need answering. I would like to why the ARB appointed by Hillary scrubbed the documents and refused to release so many of them to the House oversight committee.

The fact that they missed or ignored the threat that had been present there and their reaction to it leads me to question if they truly understand what we face now and if they will make the proper reaction and not screw it up. I think we need to know why the CIA was there and what were they doing. Were they running arms? Did they not see the problems.

What false narrative?

The truth would seem to be critical but maybe that's just me.

I have no problem with either confirming or refuting the information gained from previous investigations, but I really don't expect anything we don't already know to surface. IMO this is nothing more than political Kabuki theater that is being conducted for purely political reasons. If nothing really revolutionary comes out,my position is validated.

But I could be wrong. Perhaps there will be some previously unknown detail or fact that changes or elevates this above what it is - a combination of mistakes, inconsequential political spinning (hardly a novel thing) layered on top of some institutional/operational deficiencies that have been identified.

I am trying to get a feel for what "you guys" expectations are. Most of the stuff you are decrying is either apparently true or probably true. (This doesn't count Blue's contributions which are notoriously and deliberately inaccurate.)

This is just an opportunity for the Republicans to resurrect an administration ****-up to get a little more political mileage from it. It may backfire. Republicans have a penchant for over-playing their hand.

What false narrative?

I mentioned it only because of your sentence I highlighted I implied a connection. (Which is an interesting question, considering all the other stuff that is happening real-time.)

Gotta go cook dinner, will replay to the rest of your post later.

What false narrative?

No they dont, you're just wishing as hard as you can as you huff and puff.

What false narrative?

By all means, do NOT present any facts to support your argument.

What false narrative?

I mentioned it only because of your sentence I highlighted I implied a connection. (Which is an interesting question, considering all the other stuff that is happening real-time.)

Uh,look at it again homie....that was NOT my sentence. Interesting that you're presenting responses to me to questions I never asked

What false narrative?

Well let me clarify the dispute. You implied they abandoned the video theory after the "election was won". The timeline I presented demonstrates they did it far before the election.

So please explain what I am getting wrong. :dunno:

What false narrative?

Uh,look at it again homie....that was NOT my sentence. Interesting that you're presenting responses to me to questions I never asked

Sorry. I got two different posters - meaning their posts - confused. You both made references to current events and I combined them. Let's face it, your style is similar.

Anyway, my mistake and I apologize.

(Why do you find that interesting? )

What false narrative?

1. I would like to know who issued the stand down order.
  2. I would very much like to know where Hillary and BHO were that night as neither were in the situation room.
  3. I would like to know the real reasons for lying to the American people about a spontaneous reaction to a video.
  4. I would like to know why Amb. Stevens requests for additional security was denied.

There is a lot of questions that need answering.

5. I would like to why the ARB appointed by Hillary scrubbed the documents and refused to release so many of them to the House oversight committee.

1. http://mediamatters....-to-keep/200669

2. http://www.snopes.co.../benghazi.asp

3. Prove it was a "lie" first. My understanding was the intelligence advice was ambiguous. It's possible the adm. emphasized that more then the other possibilities for political reasons, but that's what politicians do. Anyway, hasn't this been covered in prior investigations?

http://www.mcclatchy...o-military.html

http://www.politifac...duced-security/

http://www.cnn.com/2...ghazi-security/

http://abcnews.go.co...ty-in-benghazi/

OK I am all for parsing this further if it really matters, but I think everyone already knows in hindsight it was a F***-up by the administration at some level. I seriously doubt that level reaches either Hillary or Obama, but by all means let's find out.

The only good thing about this hearing is it may be accepted as the definitive investigation. But I doubt it as it's not going to produce anything that is going to make a difference (as I already said). Time will tell.

I still think it has the potential to backfire big time on the Republicans.

Archived